Memfizz

Anybody else low on optimism for this season?

10 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

I was optimistic when we signed Darko. I'm probably not the best reference.

Imagine the guy who bought a Thabeet jersey and how he felt.

1 minute ago, Dwash said:

Heisley?

The thing is: instead of giving 9 million to two scrubs, i dont see why you dont bring Zbo back.

I don't get it. I was somewhat okay with benmac but bringing in dumb tyreke, it's just plain stupid to me. Hell, why not give Rudy that money.

Some of the things Wallace does makes no sense to me.

19 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Some of the things Wallace does makes no sense to me.

He's on the take from the Campbell clinic.

I have had low optimism for at least 2 seasons now. What has suddenly changed that has given you low optimism? Did you think Zbo and Vince were leading us to a championship?

1 hour ago, Allen said:

I have had low optimism for at least 2 seasons now. What has suddenly changed that has given you low optimism? Did you think Zbo and Vince were leading us to a championship?

Zbo and Vince and that team as a whole were leading us to high quality basketball, played the right way and made the team incredibly easy to root for. Championship or not.  They were alpha dogs keeping everyone highly competitive.  I'm not saying they're all and end all, but we got the opposite in return - more injury prone or non leader players.

I don't think people realize how much Gasol has relied on HIS ENTIRE CAREER for Zbo to cover up his flaws.  It's going to be an adjustment forsure and Gasol has done nothing to suggest he's going to embrace change and step up and start being a force inside

1 hour ago, Memphis Maverick said:

Seldon should be bringing you high optimism

Selden is easily a positive to our team.  Loved everything about his demeanor and game last year.

One guy who plays 15 games doesn't do it though.

It's not necessarily about winning championships. ZBo is my favorite player and he was the heart and soul of this team. Most Grizz fans only know a Grizzlies roster that had ZBo on it. Losing Zach is not the end of our championship run or anything, because we never really had one. Losing him is just a big hit to the spirit and fabric of the team. He was a hero for us and everyone would rally around him. Now with him gone we lose a positive impact on the overall spirit of the franchise and we'll notice it very soon. 

Same could be said for VC but not to the same extent as ZBo.

30 minutes ago, TT_Grizz said:

It's not necessarily about winning championships. ZBo is my favorite player and he was the heart and soul of this team. Most Grizz fans only know a Grizzlies roster that had ZBo on it. Losing Zach is not the end of our championship run or anything, because we never really had one. Losing him is just a big hit to the spirit and fabric of the team. He was a hero for us and everyone would rally around him. Now with him gone we lose a positive impact on the overall spirit of the franchise and we'll notice it very soon. 

Same could be said for VC but not to the same extent as ZBo.

Let's not forget TA too. Coming from a guy who wanted TA gone before last season.

The spirit of the team has always been Zbo, TA, Conley, and more recently VC.  How the **** will this not effect the overall spirit & morale? 

Players come and go in sports and the Grizz will be fine. New leaders, stars and fan favorites will rise up. The Grizzlies will be good again one day without Zbo. Relax

I was a fan of the Grizz before the Grit and Grind era and Im going to be a fan after it

5 hours ago, Allen said:

Players come and go in sports and the Grizz will be fine. New leaders, stars and fan favorites will rise up. The Grizzlies will be good again one day without Zbo. Relax

I was a fan of the Grizz before the Grit and Grind era and Im going to be a fan after it

The Grizz will be fine eventually, but I think for next season there'll be a real hit to the spirit of the team, just because it'll be the first season without him, and most likely without TA either. Also, the fact that we have no real young A+ guys to be very excited about doesn't help the transition either. And Gasol let us down in the playoffs in terrible fashion so I'm real pessimistic towards him at the moment. 

i could see the grizzlies going 34-48 this year i hope i,m wrong 

Why does being a fan of the team require being delusional as a prerequisite? This looks like about a 30-35 win team to me, and I'm still gonna watch. Still gonna root for them to win every game (except those played against Westbrook, I'm rooting for that guy to go 82-0 get a ring without KD). Is that not acceptable to root for a team and be realistic about expectations at the same time. 

8 minutes ago, King Dork said:

Why does being a fan of the team require being delusional as a prerequisite? This looks like about a 30-35 win team to me, and I'm still gonna watch. Still gonna root for them to win every game (except those played against Westbrook, I'm rooting for that guy to go 82-0 get a ring without KD). Is that not acceptable to root for a team and be realistic about expectations at the same time. 

No

2 hours ago, TT_Grizz said:

The Grizz will be fine eventually, but I think for next season there'll be a real hit to the spirit of the team, just because it'll be the first season without him, and most likely without TA either. Also, the fact that we have no real young A+ guys to be very excited about doesn't help the transition either. And Gasol let us down in the playoffs in terrible fashion so I'm real pessimistic towards him at the moment. 

If we get the Gasol we got in game 1 for the whole series, we win. Unfortunately, I don't see us getting THAT guy consistently enough

3 hours ago, King Dork said:

30 wins seems realistic to you, why not 20 wins. Being overly pessimistic doesn't make you more realistic, no more than believing people who believe in God are less educated than those who believe in science.

But the point is that if the grizzlies win 50 games this year, I doubt you would reevaluate your prediction, the following year, which makes you a pessimist.

Conversely, if the grizzlies traded marc for the number one pick in the draft, youd probably think the grizzlies would be a 45 Win team the first year out. Lol,  it's funny to me.

19 hours ago, Dwash said:

H23hMbY.gif

I think our current situation could work for us. With our lack of options and supposedly stacked West, maybe a season or two of developing players and a lottery pick or two could have us on the upswing sooner than later.

10 hours ago, Allen said:

But what does THIS season do for us?  We are diminishing any spirit our team did have to be a 9-10 seed.  What does a 9 seed do for you?  If we are going to get rid of the heart of the team, and not be competitive enough to do anything in the playoffs, like ANYTHING worth rooting for, why not go all the way and start setting up for young talent or a splash in next offseason??

I'm all for being a competitive fun team that can do something in the playoffs..but we aren't even that, and we lost all our fan favorites..

Take the Kings for example.  They had a Demarcus Cousins, phenomenal talent, but was bringing the team down and kind of cancerous in his own way.  They could have kept trying to add pieces here and there but they get rid of him, boom next thing you know they have one of the most upward trending and exciting teams in the NBA to be a fan of.   Marc Gasol is no different, he gets our hopes high and brings us down and keeps us down.  Conley is the only one left I don't want going anywhere, and hopefully some of the young talent.

It just is depressing how close we can get to being great, and if we had any type of GM we could have been great as they'd address a need we had and not 5 Years too late always.  He will wait till our identity completely changes and THEN sign some shooters we desparately needed years ago that could have made a difference.  He will sign a difference maker like Vince ONCE HES 38.  Just mind numbingly stupid stuff this guy consistently does.  The only good thing he's done is grab Fizzdale (again, little too late), which I think was 110% just luck and picked a name of available coaches out a hat.

On 7/9/2017 at 11:10 AM, Memfizz said:

But what does THIS season do for us?  We are diminishing any spirit our team did have to be a 9-10 seed.  What does a 9 seed do for you?  If we are going to get rid of the heart of the team, and not be competitive enough to do anything in the playoffs, like ANYTHING worth rooting for, why not go all the way and start setting up for young talent or a splash in next offseason??

I'm all for being a competitive fun team that can do something in the playoffs..but we aren't even that, and we lost all our fan favorites..

Take the Kings for example.  They had a Demarcus Cousins, phenomenal talent, but was bringing the team down and kind of cancerous in his own way.  They could have kept trying to add pieces here and there but they get rid of him, boom next thing you know they have one of the most upward trending and exciting teams in the NBA to be a fan of.   Marc Gasol is no different, he gets our hopes high and brings us down and keeps us down.  Conley is the only one left I don't want going anywhere, and hopefully some of the young talent.

It just is depressing how close we can get to being great, and if we had any type of GM we could have been great as they'd address a need we had and not 5 Years too late always.  He will wait till our identity completely changes and THEN sign some shooters we desparately needed years ago that could have made a difference.  He will sign a difference maker like Vince ONCE HES 38.  Just mind numbingly stupid stuff this guy consistently does.  The only good thing he's done is grab Fizzdale (again, little too late), which I think was 110% just luck and picked a name of available coaches out a hat.

Where you a Grizz fan before the Grit and Grind era? The Grizz will be fine and the Grizzlies weren't doing anything next year anyway

I've lost a lot of optomism for seeing anything substantial from DD this season. I feel like the team either needs to keep Wright or hope to trade for a  rim running big that defends that Fizz has mentioned, cause something seems off about DD and I think people are starting to notice it 

On 7/9/2017 at 8:27 AM, King Dork said:

You do know that fan is short for fanatic?

It comes from the Modern Latin fanaticus, meaning "insanely but divinely inspired" (per wikipedia)

636084399610210587-106012658_9a4.png