Memfizz

Anybody else low on optimism for this season?

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Memfizz said:

You're laughable.  CP3 isn't a superstar anymore let alone top 3 point guard.

Nice to know you have absolutely nothing useful to support your opinion. Good day sir.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Memfizz said:

Except LeBron literally doesn't win without him in their last championship. He hit every big shot. How many PGs win championships by themselves anyways? Silly comment

The dude literally takes every shot down the stretch, weather it is a good or bad shot, plays no defense. Is a lottery team without LeBron. If you replaced kyrie and love with mike and marc on that team, they would have beaten golden state this year.

Sure, Kryie is better than your average pg, and since Lebron likes to have a score first player of the team since he doesn't like to have to carry the scoring load himself since he plays all out on defense, it works.

I would rather have no defense Damien lillard on my team over kyrie, because at least I do know that Lillard is a clutch scorer. Kyrie is just selfish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm looking forward to it. Will it be rocky- hell yes but being the underdogs isn't all bad. Also as much as I will miss zbo I will hope that someone else makes it worth watching the team. 

 

Im also expecting that we aren't done but who the #### knows what fo is looking to do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What am I optimistic about? We have about 7-8 young guys and I just need 2 to become assets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GF#1 said:

Nice to know you have absolutely nothing useful to support your opinion. Good day sir.

Nice to know you think stats mean everything and probably don't even watch outside the Grizzlies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Memfizz said:

Nice to know you think stats mean everything and probably don't even watch outside the Grizzlies. 

lol. Nice try. Still haven't brought one meaningful thought to the table. I'm done. Too easy taking your lunch money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What the **** have you bought? "STATZ BRO STATTZZ"

Chris Paul might be the most overrated PG not now but of the last 5 years. People still honestly think he's auto top 1-3, it's funny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CP3 hasn't played against meaningful competition in his entire career, he's never played against a team in the playoffs whose gone to the finals, think about that.  He's constantly filled up his stats in round 1 and falls off anytime he's advanced to greater competition.

in all of his 2nd round exits, Chris Paul has always cost his team in the crucial moments/games

Give me one opposing point guard that didn't outplay Chris Paul in the NBA playoffs amongst his matchups. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I would rather have no defense Damien lillard on my team over kyrie, because at least I do know that Lillard is a clutch scorer. Kyrie is just selfish.

One of the most clutch shots in basketball history...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GF#1 said:

In no certain order, Westbrook, Curry, Paul, Irving. Struggling with Wall. He's either right before or right after Conley.

So for me, #5 or #6.

Irving's not a PG.  LeBron plays PG on that team, as well as coach, GM, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's how I view this upcoming year:

Either A)The team bottoms out, Marc gets traded, hopefully Wallace is gone by then, and gets a high pick along with the other assets received from the trade.

Or B-The young guys overachieve and/or Parsons becomes productive, and we become 2016 Portland and make the playoffs. That gives us young assets for the summer of 2018 so we can add some real talent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Memfizz said:

One of the most clutch shots in basketball history...

 

Kyrie Irving was 10 for 23 in that game. Hell, he was due to make one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This might be the most exciting season since the one after they went to the WCF. How can you not be optimistic about a season where everything you know about your team is going to be completely different. Had things stayed the same it would have just been my 3rd straight year not watching full games and only watching marquee match ups and even then getting disinterested.

This year there are so many things to be interested in. Will Ben Mclemore be a different player on a better team, how long will Tyreke play before he gets hurt, will parsons look like a basketball player, will Marc ask for a trade, which young guy steps up and makes a name for himself. This team is never gonna win a championship as long as GS is still around and may never win the Division either. Once you take those out of the equation and just look at the smaller story lines you can find things to be optimistic about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

This might be the most exciting season since the one after they went to the WCF. How can you not be optimistic about a season where everything you know about your team is going to be completely different. Had things stayed the same it would have just been my 3rd straight year not watching full games and only watching marquee match ups and even then getting disinterested.

This year there are so many things to be interested in. Will Ben Mclemore be a different player on a better team, how long will Tyreke play before he gets hurt, will parsons look like a basketball player, will Marc ask for a trade, which young guy steps up and makes a name for himself. This team is never gonna win a championship as long as GS is still around and may never win the Division either. Once you take those out of the equation and just look at the smaller story lines you can find things to be optimistic about.

It will dry out by December.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

 

Kyrie Irving was 10 for 23 in that game. Hell, he was due to make one.

10/23 isn't bad... How are you going to desperately try to knock a game 7 shot that won the NBA finals...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you guys shut up about Kyrie for one second? Every thread has to turn into a Conley vs Kyrie debate. Just shut up. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, to the OP, I 100% agree. Losing ZBo is going to have a much bigger impact on the culture and spirit of the team than people expect. Don't have a good feeling about next season at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Holidayinn21 said:

Here's how I view this upcoming year:

Either A)The team bottoms out, Marc gets traded, hopefully Wallace is gone by then, and gets a high pick along with the other assets received from the trade.

Or B-The young guys overachieve and/or Parsons becomes productive, and we become 2016 Portland and make the playoffs. That gives us young assets for the summer of 2018 so we can add some real talent.

Seems reasonable. There are other options too, but I'm not going there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dwash said:

It will dry out by December.

That's my point. Of course it's always exciting to start the season up again and see some new faces, but I just see this as the least exciting mid/end season in quite some time if I have to predict. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TT_Grizz said:

Also, to the OP, I 100% agree. Losing ZBo is going to have a much bigger impact on the culture and spirit of the team than people expect. Don't have a good feeling about next season at all. 

Yes exactly my feelings. Vince was the cherry on top.. He kept the coaches and young guys happy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TT_Grizz said:

Also, to the OP, I 100% agree. Losing ZBo is going to have a much bigger impact on the culture and spirit of the team than people expect. Don't have a good feeling about next season at all. 

 

29 minutes ago, Memfizz said:

Yes exactly my feelings. Vince was the cherry on top.. He kept the coaches and young guys happy

As of right now, there is no real reason to be optimistic. We lost the best player in franchise history (ZBo) and we did not replace him with equal or better talent. We lost a consummate professional and a true veteran's vet in VC and didn't replace him with someone with those characteristics-stats wise yes, but not the intangibles. We are losing a guy who is still one of the best perimeter defenders in the NBA at 35 y/o and an all around character and energy guy.

With that being said, there is a chance that Ben McLemore "gets it" by having a second chance in a new environment, there is a chance that Tyreke "gets it" and stays healthy and begins to play more team ball, there is a chance that Chandler, Mike, Marc and Wright stay healthy for the majority of the season and produce the way we know they cam, ok, maybe not Wright and lastly, there is a chance that a couple of our younger guys overperform. If all of those things happen, sure, it could be a nice surprise season, but that's a lot of things. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't feel very confident at this point.   I'll wait till I see the final roster and some preseason before making a final prediction, but I could see us losing more games than last year and missing the playoffs.   VC and Zbo played team hero in a lot of wins last year. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now