Sign in to follow this  
The REF

Grizzlies Signed Tyreke Evans

2 hours ago, WVgrizz said:

Explain

His game is a net negative, hopefully still injured so he doesn't torpedo it

13 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

His game is a net negative, hopefully still injured so he doesn't torpedo it

okay man lol how about being optimistic about it? I hope he comes out and gives us 18 a night. 

12 minutes ago, WVgrizz said:

okay man lol how about being optimistic about it? I hope he comes out and gives us 18 a night. 

You know what, I'm gonna look at it as a tanking move. Very good move.

4 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

You know what, I'm gonna look at it as a tanking move. Very good move.

lol

Tyreke even at his best was a loser who struggled to fit in with better players. His best moments as a pro have come when his teammates were all garbage and watched him dominate the ball. Now he is older, slower and more injury prone. I mean nobody is throwing shade here I woulda said the same thing last month.

2 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I am struggling with figuring out which young guy we should move on from besides Wright.    Harrison or Martin seem like the obvious candidates; but we have so much inexperience in the frontcourt i hesitate to move Martin.   Harrison has a low ceiling but for right now he is the way more dependable option at backup PG over Wade.   Wade has the higher ceiling but his attitude is awful and he looks like a trainwreck.    Ennis has shown the chops to be a serviceable 3D guy and with Parsons still iffey i'd be afraid to move on from the only other true SF on the roster.   Daniels is one dimensional but he is fantastic at that 1 skill.    I like Selden's potential as becoming a legit 3D guy.  

This would all be so simple if Wallace didn't promise Rade a spot and intended on Brooks going the Harrison route.   

Move Daniels and Wright no way Fizz will play Daniels big minutes next year when all the other guards/wings can score and defend.

Just now, Ndq0327 said:

Move Daniels and Wright no way Fizz will play Daniels big minutes next year when all the other guards/wings can score and defend.

Im on board for moving Daniels but wouldn't be surprised if we give Baldwin away 

3 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Lol, id rather have born ready

Exactly who I always compare Tyreke to. They have different skill sets but are the same style player. Bigger ball handlers who pound the dribble, get ok stats, and do not help the team in any way.

2 hours ago, GF#1 said:

A team wanting cap relief for next summer. One of the biggest free agent summers ever.

Any team wanting cap relief would have to take more than just Wright. If they do a one for one trade, then we still have the same issue of too many players. If they just trade a draft pick for Wright, then they already had cap space or an exception. Either way taking Wright wouldn't provide cap relief.

I hate the Tyreke signing, regardless of the price. This team has too many injury prone players. Signing another one is stupidity. Having too many injured guys cost us Troy Williams last year. If Tyreke gets hurt and leaves us short handed, which player ends up cut to bring a D league guy on board? Is it another young guy? Is it Tyreke since his deal is only a year? What if you think Tyreke can come back in a month? Do you cut him then when he offers more than the d league guy once he gets back? I just think there are too many injury issues on this team already to take on another guy who stays hurt. The costs could be more than the money.

Id actually agree with KBM on that one. Born ready is similar to Tyreke but he atleast plays hard.

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

Tyreke even at his best was a loser who struggled to fit in with better players. His best moments as a pro have come when his teammates were all garbage and watched him dominate the ball. Now he is older, slower and more injury prone. I mean nobody is throwing shade here I woulda said the same thing last month.

He is (or maybe was) a better Born Ready. I always saw them as having similar styles-basically put your head down, drive the lane, and dare someone to get in the way to stop them. They both can handle the ball but can get loosey goosey with it and you don't want either to be a primary ballhandler. He is way more in control than BR.i think teams have tried to use Tyreke as a ballhandler way more than Lance and thus he has way higher to's. They are both selfish ballhogs who don't play team ball well. Tyreke is the better overall player though consistently contributing more from rebounds, assists, and steals.

For $3.3 mil, I won't complain. It gives us a scorer off of the bench if he is healthy. I don't mind someone on the second unit being a ball hog because they will struggle to score anyway, might as well have somebody with a scoring mentality. Now if they sign Monta Ellis, that could be an issue with both of them off of the bench or we could have one of the highest scoring benches around, especially with TD lighting up 3's.

40 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Is this further proof that Wallace does not update his target board for at least 5 years?

Yes he wanted VC in 2007 and then again in 2009 (32 years of age) and felt like he hit a home run when he finally got him in 2015...

Same story with half our signings. It's actually really obvious habit of his and further proves he shouldn't be in that position.

59 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Is this further proof that Wallace does not update his target board for at least 5 years?

I'm surprised this has only just now been brought up. 

The move is harmless at worst but this is a total Chris Wallace special.

Monta Ellis next?

5 minutes ago, Thomas said:

I'm surprised this has only just now been brought up. 

The move is harmless at worst but this is a total Chris Wallace special.

Monta Ellis next?

Why would we sign Ellis? 

3 hours ago, Dwash said:

A lot of what you said could have been said about Zbo at one point in time.

Tyreke knows this could be his last chance. If he's healthy, I expect him to be a key contributor.

I was hoping we would get Tyreke before the Mclemore signings but now we got them both, great! Wallace must have a trade or two under his sleeves to ship out some of the guys. Maybe a trade to bring in a PF to replace Green?

39 minutes ago, GF#1 said:

A lot of what you said could have been said about Zbo at one point in time.

Tyreke knows this could be his last chance. If he's healthy, I expect him to be a key contributor.

Maybe but Zbo never stopped producing like Tyreke has.

Not sure what to think about this signing,  4 years ago I would have been more excited but all the injuries concern me.

I would have rather seen them hold their fire to see what the JaM deal is, maybe go after Faried.

I agree their will be more action coming, and I think the likely candidates will be Daniels (Fiz just isn't keen on him), Baldwin, Wright, Martin, I think Harrison is safe, not sure about Selden or Ennis

Tyreke was brought in so that with ZBo gone we still have someone who will take the ball and go one on five. 

Injury-prone, bad fit, bah!

Tyreke is here to be Fizz's new sixth man of the year project