Sign in to follow this  
The REF

Grizzlies Signed Tyreke Evans

1 minute ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Matt Hrdlicka‏ @theRealHrdlicka

Follow

More

MEM has about $12mm below the tax, after the Tyreke deal and deals for rookies. Get JaM for ~$10mm and you're good under the tax.

How many players is that on the roster? 

22 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Lol, id rather have born ready

oh stop it. it was for $3.3M

Is Tyreke our secondary backup point guard now? :huh:

Free-agent guard Tyreke Evans has agreed to a one-year, $3.3 million deal with the Memphis Grizzlies, league sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

A University of Memphis alum, Evans joins the Grizzlies after finishing last season in Sacramento, where he found himself for the second time in his career following the blockbuster February trade that sent center All-Star center DeMarcus Cousins to the New Orleans Pelicans

He saw limited action with the Kings due to knee issues, playing in 14 games (six starts) while averaging 11.6 points and shooting 43.8 percent from 3-point range.

The Kings made Evans the fourth overall pick in 2009. He played four seasons in Sacramento before he was traded to the Pelicans in 2013. He averaged 14.8 points and 5.6 assists per game in four seasons with New Orleans but missed almost a full year late in his time there after undergoing three right knee surgeries in the span of nine months.

Evans, 27, has career averages of 16.1 points, 5.1 assists and 4.8 rebounds per game

Per ESPN.com

Just now, chipc3 said:

How many players is that on the roster? 

It just signals that a trade is coming.  Personally I hope Wright is included in that trade package.   Get rid of Wright, resign JaM, send Rade back overseas and thats your 15.  

Just now, GrizzTigerFan said:

It just signals that a trade is coming.  Personally I hope Wright is included in that trade package.   Get rid of Wright, resign JaM, send Rade back overseas and thats your 15.  

We can only hope we can get rid of Wright. Who would take his nearly $6 mil contract?

Tyreke's $3.3 million deal is a nice face save but what does it actually do for the team? 

The Grizzlies now have 13 players under contract (Gasol, Conley, Parsons, Ennis, Daniels, Harrison, Selden, Baldwin, McLemore, Evans, Wright, Davis, and Martin).They have 3 rookies unsigned (Zagoriz, Rabb and Brooks). They have a qualifying offer for JaMychal Green. 

And even with all these players what do you see as the best this team can achieve?  

Just now, WVgrizz said:

We can only hope we can get rid of Wright. Who would take his nearly $6 mil contract?

A team wanting cap relief for next summer. One of the biggest free agent summers ever.

1 minute ago, chipc3 said:

Tyreke's $3.3 million deal is a nice face save but what does it actually do for the team? 

The Grizzlies now have 13 players under contract (Gasol, Conley, Parsons, Ennis, Daniels, Harrison, Selden, Baldwin, McLemore, Evans, Wright, Davis, and Martin).They have 3 rookies unsigned (Zagoriz, Rabb and Brooks). They have a qualifying offer for JaMychal Green. 

And even with all these players what do you see as the best this team can achieve?  

Championship in Memphis

2 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I've been sending ravens to the Grizzlies front office lately and my birds tell me the team is very high on Rade. I doubt they will send him back to Europe but I've been wrong about so much the FO has done this season I'm not even going to pretend I understand what's going on. 

Can't beat the price, but I can't help but to imagine him and Parsons sitting at the end of the bench comparing knee scars.

1 minute ago, chipc3 said:

Depends on a lot of player development factors, which it appears is what the FO and coaching staff are betting on as well. Could be good, could be disastrous.

Quick question: How many knee surgeries have Parsons and Evans had combined? 

1 minute ago, GF#1 said:

A team wanting cap relief for next summer. One of the biggest free agent summers ever.

Bulls, Suns, Pacers, 76ers, and Mavs are the top 5 teams that could take him on with their cap space/ roster. Send him down the road to one of those teams for a 2nd round pick.

20 minutes ago, The REF said:

So Ben McLemore is a better asset that Tyreke?  I think they gave him 2 years 11 million?

Tyreke played 65 games combined over the last two years.

It's (part of) the reason he's on the discount rack.  

Just now, chipc3 said:

I've been sending ravens to the Grizzlies front office lately and my birds tell me the team is very high on Rade. I doubt they will send him back to Europe but I've been wrong about so much the FO has done this season I'm not even going to pretend I understand what's going on. 

I am struggling with figuring out which young guy we should move on from besides Wright.    Harrison or Martin seem like the obvious candidates; but we have so much inexperience in the frontcourt i hesitate to move Martin.   Harrison has a low ceiling but for right now he is the way more dependable option at backup PG over Wade.   Wade has the higher ceiling but his attitude is awful and he looks like a trainwreck.    Ennis has shown the chops to be a serviceable 3D guy and with Parsons still iffey i'd be afraid to move on from the only other true SF on the roster.   Daniels is one dimensional but he is fantastic at that 1 skill.    I like Selden's potential as becoming a legit 3D guy.  

This would all be so simple if Wallace didn't promise Rade a spot and intended on Brooks going the Harrison route.   

TA is obviously gone but I thhink this may signal the end for Jam as well. I don't think they really need to make a trade they'll be aight at PF.  Let Martin/Davis/Rabb duke it out for the starting spot. Parsons, Ennis n Zag can also play limited amounts there if needed.

Conley/Harrison/Baldwin
McLemore/Evans/Daniels
Parsons/Ennis/Selden
Martin/Rabb/Zagorac
Gasol/Wright/Davis   

Not great but not terrible. Still a playoff team, barely.  

The grizzlies missed out on signing Vince, tyreke was the consolation prize. Similarly, Ben is meant to replace ta.

These moves are transparent.

3 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Tyreke played 65 games combined over the last two years.

It's (part of) the reason he's on the discount rack.  

It was either Tyreke, or an old Kiss album. :D