Sign in to follow this  
The REF

Grizzlies Signed Tyreke Evans

I have a short memory, but don't remember anyone going to the goal with as much ferocity as Tyreke has.

IMO, he's one of the few bright spots right now in the season (besides the winning record of course).

Seems like almost everyone else is struggling to play at potential.

He seems to have a good chemistry with Wright too.

My big complaint with him would be to stop throwing fast break alley oop passes - he can't do. He does fine on the screen and roll lobs, but horrible in transition.

39 minutes ago, Grizz&Grind said:

I have a short memory, but don't remember anyone going to the goal with as much ferocity as Tyreke has.

IMO, he's one of the few bright spots right now in the season (besides the winning record of course).

Seems like almost everyone else is struggling to play at potential.

He seems to have a good chemistry with Wright too.

My big complaint with him would be to stop throwing fast break alley oop passes - he can't do. He does fine on the screen and roll lobs, but horrible in transition.

If they are not able to polish team chemistry by January, then we have a problem.

Its the start of the season, everybody's just overreacting. 

5 minutes ago, Iron Mike said:

If they are not able to polish team chemistry by January, then we have a problem.

Its the start of the season, everybody's just overreacting. 

Agree - I said a month in another thread, but it may take 2 more.

Tyreke's main issue is that his style of play is just divisive to most fans.

He is a straight-up iso scorer. Personally, if he hadn't developed his 3 pointer like he clearly has I would consider the guy's game to be trash. He is a way better version of Jerryd Bayless - a player I was not a fan of when we had him, but clearly had value to our team. 

Tyreke's value is he can score and he does score. No hesitation.  I just worry about the "freeze outs" he does sometimes - dribbling the ball down the court, then dribbling in isolation for 6 seconds (with teammates looking for the pass), then going to the hoop himself.

It is hard to argue against his value to this team right now though. We need him as a scorer desperately so I guess it is what it is...

Grizz fans arent used to having a player who can score and create his own offense. We have needed a player like Tyreke for years. When the offense stalls(like it does often) just give it to Reke to bail you out

Also he has been driving and setting his teammates up with assists all year so far

47 minutes ago, SC Grizz said:

Tyreke's main issue is that his style of play is just divisive to most fans.

He is a straight-up iso scorer. Personally, if he hadn't developed his 3 pointer like he clearly has I would consider the guy's game to be trash. He is a way better version of Jerryd Bayless - a player I was not a fan of when we had him, but clearly had value to our team. 

Tyreke's value is he can score and he does score. No hesitation.  I just worry about the "freeze outs" he does sometimes - dribbling the ball down the court, then dribbling in isolation for 6 seconds (with teammates looking for the pass), then going to the hoop himself.

It is hard to argue against his value to this team right now though. We need him as a scorer desperately so I guess it is what it is...

Thats pretty much how I see him to a T.  I doubt that his style really suites anyone but himself. Eg, I dont see the 94 million dollar man becoming much more than a "floor spacer" in this current system. But his jumpshot improvement has turned him into a "microwave" scorer that they have to have. 

1 hour ago, Allen said:

Also he has been driving and setting his teammates up with assists all year so far

This is the key to me. In his first five games he averaged 1.8 assists. Since then he's averaging 3.7. We'll see if this trend continues, but as long as he can kick the ball out when he runs out of space to score, I'm fine with him taking it to the hoop. 

51 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

This is the key to me. In his first five games he averaged 1.8 assists. Since then he's averaging 3.7. We'll see if this trend continues, but as long as he can kick the ball out when he runs out of space to score, I'm fine with him taking it to the hoop. 

One guy that i am sure that enjoys playing with him is Brandan Wright.   Ever since Reke has really been rolling - he has been the one looking to involve BW the most.   Yes, his lob attempts have been pretty bad but the fact that he throws them is promising.    

Right now Reke is the deadliest PickNroll initiator we have.     

Rio's lack of faith in his achilles has killed his PickNroll ability.   Parsons constant pumpfaking makes it hard to get going too.     Until Mike is closer to 100% his PickNroll has been hit or miss.     Seldon is the only other guard that can run a pickNroll.   Hopefully he can be a positive factor when he gets back. 

4 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

One guy that i am sure that enjoys playing with him is Brandan Wright.   Ever since Reke has really been rolling - he has been the one looking to involve BW the most.   Yes, his lob attempts have been pretty bad but the fact that he throws them is promising.    

Right now Reke is the deadliest PickNroll initiator we have.     

Rio's lack of faith in his achilles has killed his PickNroll ability.   Parsons constant pumpfaking makes it hard to get going too.     Until Mike is closer to 100% his PickNroll has been hit or miss.     Seldon is the only other guard that can run a pickNroll.   Hopefully he can be a positive factor when he gets back. 

He is not better than mike. But he is good 

On 11/8/2017 at 6:10 AM, Allen said:

On 11/8/2017 at 7:21 AM, fanboyslim said:

He has been passing, but people have not been hitting wide open shots or in the case of Parsons, passing shots up. He's got a good rapport with Wright and likes to dump off to him in the lane but if people hit wide open jumpers, Reke easily could average at least 1.5 more apg.

I predict Reke will get at least 1 triple double this season with the Grizz, maybe 2. 

15 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Summary?

His brother basically said - Tyreke likes coming off the bench because it gives him an opportunity to see the flow of the game and what defenses are doing. 

He mentioned that Tyreke loves the medical staff here and the minutes restriction was by coaching staff not the training staff. 

He also joked that 15-17million would be the type of raise he was looking for next year.    

He said Reke loves the guys he plays with too. 

If Reke is good with current role then maybe it's time to consider promoting Parsons instead. 

2 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

His brother basically said - Tyreke likes coming off the bench because it gives him an opportunity to see the flow of the game and what defenses are doing. 

He mentioned that Tyreke loves the medical staff here and the minutes restriction was by coaching staff not the training staff. 

He also joked that 15-17million would be the type of raise he was looking for next year.    

He said Reke loves the guys he plays with too. 

If Reke is good with current role then maybe it's time to consider promoting Parsons instead. 

That's fantastic. And I agree with promoting Parsons since he and Reke's games don't mesh well. Swap out Ennis with Parsons.

On 11/13/2017 at 10:47 AM, The REF said:

Bottom line:  This was a helluva PICKUP.   Be glad he's on the roster!

Amen. Because if it weren't for him. We'd be up "THAT" creek.

48 minutes ago, New_Sacred_Cow said:

That's fantastic. And I agree with promoting Parsons since he and Reke's games don't mesh well. Swap out Ennis with Parsons.

I think that would be a good move. Parsons look uncomfortable playing with Reke to me anyway. But I just wonder what Parsons would look like trying to guard 1st string SFs.

5 minutes ago, tjazz22 said:

I think that would be a good move. Parsons look uncomfortable playing with Reke to me anyway. But I just wonder what Parsons would look like trying to guard 1st string SFs.

If Parsons is flanked on either side by JaM and Wayne or Brooks then he will never need to guard a SF.   Basically he plays SF on offense and PF on defense.

6 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

If Parsons is flanked on either side by JaM and Wayne or Brooks then he will never need to guard a SF.   Basically he plays SF on offense and PF on defense.

Yeah that's true. And they switch just about everything too so it may not be as big a deal as I thought. 

If this happens I hope Parsons cut all the pump faking out. He is one of the guys where I feel like I wouldn't mind if he jacked up 20 shots. Because the payoff from that would be HUGE down the line