Sign in to follow this  
MemphisX

2018 NBA Draft Thread

1 hour ago, Ethan7 said:

Wouldn't mind getting that Nets pick and choosing two of Ayton, Doncic, Bagley or Trae Young.

Yeah, it's ESPN trade machine time.  The only thing better than ONE top 5 pick is TWO top five picks, or at least an extra pick in that 8-10 range.  Even an extra pick in that 10-20 range would help.

I think it would take Marc+Reke+2nd for BKN+Thompson+Shumpert/JRSmith

That would give us another high pick and really set up the Cavs to win it all. I think LeBron is going to leave unless they have a much better squad around him and this is their way of doing that.

There were rumors of DeAndre Jordan to CLE for that BKN pick but I can say that LeBron would much rather have a much more balanced player like Marc.

9 minutes ago, New_Sacred_Cow said:

I think it would take Marc+Reke+2nd for BKN+Thompson+Shumpert/JRSmith

That would give us another high pick and really set up the Cavs to win it all. I think LeBron is going to leave unless they have a much better squad around him and this is their way of doing that.

There were rumors of DeAndre Jordan to CLE for that BKN pick but I can say that LeBron would much rather have a much more balanced player like Marc.

Pure speculation, but my personal feelings are that LeBron would hold a grudge against Marc for the entire Fizdale fiasco. I'd do this deal in a heartbeat. I'm not sure Cleveland would.

1 hour ago, lsugrizzfan said:

Pure speculation, but my personal feelings are that LeBron would hold a grudge against Marc for the entire Fizdale fiasco. I'd do this deal in a heartbeat. I'm not sure Cleveland would.

Yeah my feelings as well.

1 minute ago, nwagrizzfan said:

I say let's "tank" and ensure we get Bagley, Porter or Doncic in addition to keeping Mike and Marc

I’ve been on board with this but Trae is special man. Dude can shoot from anywhere, and can get anywhere he wants on the court and has good court vision. 

I don't disagree at all,,,he is beyond special and you'd think every GM has learned from missing on Steph Curry....

but our top pick needs to be a starter / star from Day 1,,,,not saying Young can't be that guy but where does he start?  Along side Conley?

Porter, Bagley and Doncic would all easily slide into starting slots on this team

14 minutes ago, nwagrizzfan said:

I don't disagree at all,,,he is beyond special and you'd think every GM has learned from missing on Steph Curry....

but our top pick needs to be a starter / star from Day 1,,,,not saying Young can't be that guy but where does he start?  Along side Conley?

Porter, Bagley and Doncic would all easily slide into starting slots on this team

Stop drafting trying to fill position of need. 

6 minutes ago, nwagrizzfan said:

I'm saying that if you're banking on one or two more years with M n M, then we can't have our top pick coming off the bench

where would he start???

Be a good shooting guard to though. Second ball handler on the court that could take pressure off of Conley 

2 hours ago, Memphis Maverick said:

Stop drafting trying to fill position of need. 

Hah. We have five positions of need. 

I can get excited about Marvin Bagley, DeAndre Ayton, or Trae Young.

Five years ago, that would be my order of preference.  But in today's NBA, give me Trae Young.

23 minutes ago, pjoe said:

I can get excited about Marvin Bagley, DeAndre Ayton, or Trae Young.

Five years ago, that would be my order of preference.  But in today's NBA, give me Trae Young.

Trae Young all day.

Im watching Bagley right now. I enjoy having a reason to watch these prospects

I'm still on Jaren Jackson. 5/6 from 3, youngest player in the lottery, 3 blocks and 2 steals in 16 minutes. I also think Miles Bridges is underrated and he could be a steal in the draft from his draft position.

2 hours ago, Dwash said:

Trae Youngs passing/pg skills looks very mediocre.

The WVU game highlighted all the negatives that people will poke in his game, Jevon Carter and WVU rattled him with the physical defense. 

Duke lost because the college game has passed up Coach K and he doesn't know how to properly scheme a defense anymore, but Bagley abused the physical senior that was guarding him all game long. 

12 hours ago, Dwash said:

Trae Youngs passing/pg skills looks very mediocre.

9 hours ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

The WVU game highlighted all the negatives that people will poke in his game, Jevon Carter and WVU rattled him with the physical defense. 

Duke lost because the college game has passed up Coach K and he doesn't know how to properly scheme a defense anymore, but Bagley abused the physical senior that was guarding him all game long. 

Young is the hot name now but I wouldn't pick him. i mean, he's in the vein of a Buddy Hield or Jimmer Fredette to me, granted he is only a freshman. I would like to see him do it 2 years at a high level before even thinking about drafting him but he'll be better served coming out after this year. He's very thin and I just don't know if he could be a PG at the  NBA level. I'd take him to light it up off of the bench but I wouldn't spend a lottery pick on him. He could thrive in certain systems, but I don't think we have that system. 

1 hour ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

Young is the hot name now but I wouldn't pick him. i mean, he's in the vein of a Buddy Hield or Jimmer Fredette to me, granted he is only a freshman. I would like to see him do it 2 years at a high level before even thinking about drafting him but he'll be better served coming out after this year. He's very thin and I just don't know if he could be a PG at the  NBA level. I'd take him to light it up off of the bench but I wouldn't spend a lottery pick on him. He could thrive in certain systems, but I don't think we have that system. 

How can you take anybody serious that says the game has passed coach k by? lol Well, at least I see were the stupid conley and gasol criticisms come from.

Jaren Jackson IS the player we both need and is the best player I've seen in the draft on both ends of the court.

I also think that Michael Porter and Miles Bridges are equal players, even though Miles took a step back this year after a great freshman season. Point blank, his level of play not elevating in his sophomore season from his freshman year doesn't scare me one bit. He has made subtle improvements to his game and I see a lot of mike conley in him.

But we'd be idiots not to take an athletic 6'11' BEAST Jaren Jackson who is hitting 43% from 3 on 3 attempts per game with his level of defense and passing ability, FT% 81%, what the hell isn't to like about this kid?

Like The Greak Freak, or Pippen when you think about him.