Sign in to follow this  
MemphisX

2018 NBA Draft Thread

2 hours ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

With Bagley reclassifying, this is a draft you must tank for.

Lol, I guess he's Shaq or David Robinson now?

The guy looks like a micheal Beasley to me. Same goes for porter. The top of this draft sucks, in my opinion.

chipc3    0

Maybe Wallace is being a genius by letting the vets go so the team won't slide in too many cheap wins and the team finally gets a solid draft pick in a loaded draft. 

Dwash    0
2 hours ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

With Bagley reclassifying, this is a draft you must tank for.

Celtics competiting now, have Tatum and Brown developing then have two cracks at these guys. Im so j.

19 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Lol, I guess he's Shaq or David Robinson now?

The guy looks like a micheal Beasley to me. Same goes for porter. The top of this draft sucks, in my opinion.

Bagley is 6'10 or 6'11

Bamba, Ayton, Bagley, Porter, all possibly legit at the top. This is a top heavy draft.

GF#1    0
25 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Maybe Wallace is being a genius by letting the vets go so the team won't slide in too many cheap wins and the team finally gets a solid draft pick in a loaded draft. 

You're assuming Wallace's mind is capable of comprehending that. :D

59 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Bagley is 6'10 or 6'11

Bamba, Ayton, Bagley, Porter, all possibly legit at the top. This is a top heavy draft.

Call me when one of these players has an elite skill besides leaping.

A 7 footer that can move like a shooting guard.

Guys that have insane handles that are 6'8, guys that are 7 foot and 300 pounds that have zbo post moves and have lateral quickness for defense like Tyson Chandler.

That's the players who can change the game.

lsugrizzfan    0
3 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Call me when one of these players has an elite skill besides leaping.

A 7 footer that can move like a shooting guard.

Guys that have insane handles that are 6'8, guys that are 7 foot and 300 pounds that have zbo post moves and have lateral quickness for defense like Tyson Chandler.

That's the players who can change the game.

Not saying you haven't seen them, just asking- how many of these guys have you seen play against other elite players on a regular basis? And that shouldn't be directed at just you, I mean it for everyone. Can we at least see what these guys can do in college before we anoint them as saviors? Lenny Cooke was considered on par with Carmelo Anthony during high school. Josh Selby was a high school all american. Eddie Curry and Kwame Brown. Ivan Rabb. On the other end, Gordon Hayward and Steph Curry. So many guys go through high school looking like stars but can't cut it when the competition picks up. Then others aren't thought of as highly and break out. Let's see what all of these guys can do before we anoint them as saviors or say they can't play.

Dwash    0
5 minutes ago, lsugrizzfan said:

Not saying you haven't seen them, just asking- how many of these guys have you seen play against other elite players on a regular basis? And that shouldn't be directed at just you, I mean it for everyone. Can we at least see what these guys can do in college before we anoint them as saviors? Lenny Cooke was considered on par with Carmelo Anthony during high school. Josh Selby was a high school all american. Eddie Curry and Kwame Brown. Ivan Rabb. On the other end, Gordon Hayward and Steph Curry. So many guys go through high school looking like stars but can't cut it when the competition picks up. Then others aren't thought of as highly and break out. Let's see what all of these guys can do before we anoint them as saviors or say they can't play.

The problem is we arent allowed to watch them in college for three years anymore. After 3 years of college you can more accurately gage who is gonna be a stud.

48 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

Honestly, if you wanted to tank with Marc and Mike, this is the roster you would build.

The roster is pretty bad right now. I wish we had a decent pf, maybe we could get Derrick Favors. I'd trade jam for him in a heartbeat.

chipc3    0
2 hours ago, Allen said:

The roster is better than last years roster. Grizz will be fine

Just curious but where are this year's Grizzlies better than last year's edition?

Gasol is a year older. Randolph is gone. Allen is most likely gone. Parsons and Evans have both had 3 knee surgeries. Ben McLemore was released by Sacramento and is missing all of training camp. JaMychal isn't on the roster yet.

Please show me where I missing something. 

7 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Just curious but where are this year's Grizzlies better than last year's edition?

Gasol is a year older. Randolph is gone. Allen is most likely gone. Parsons and Evans have both had 3 knee surgeries. Ben McLemore was released by Sacramento and is missing all of training camp. JaMychal isn't on the roster yet.

Please show me where I missing something. 

You sleeping on Ivan Rabb............d'oh!

chipc3    0
3 minutes ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

You sleeping on Ivan Rabb............d'oh!

Not at all. He isn't signed and from what I have heard, the Grizzlies only offered a 2 way contract which he refused. It's hard to sleep on someone who doesn't have a contract with the team!

2 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

The roster is pretty bad right now. I wish we had a decent pf, maybe we could get Derrick Favors. I'd trade jam for him in a heartbeat.

Good thing there is an elite 4 man in the draft now.

1 minute ago, chipc3 said:

Not at all. He isn't signed and from what I have heard, the Grizzlies only offered a 2 way contract which he refused. It's hard to sleep on someone who doesn't have a contract with the team!

I was joking Chip

MemphisX    0

I'm just saying. It's not even a bad strategy. This draft is worth tanking for a top pick.  If you jump into the top 3, you are pretty much set.

l

Thomas    0
On 8/15/2017 at 6:19 PM, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Bagley is the best prospect since LeBron

I watched some highlights knowing basically nothing about him. He looked slow and only mildly skilled. Then I realized he's ******* 6'11. Jesus man. Do you think he's a better prospect than Durant though?