3 hours ago, WVgrizz said:

Trae Young is just another Jimmer Fredette...Will do NOTHING in the NBA. Its easy to average 30 when you take 25 shots per game..He is not the next Steph Curry. Regardless we wont have a shot at him because he will probably go Top 3.

Interesting Top 5 ish picks for us I believe are as followed

1. Luka Doncic

2. Kevin Knox (Think Paul George 2.0)

3. Collin Sexton

Second Rounders

1. Jevon Carter

2. Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk

3. Lagerald Vick

4.  Bruce Brown

5. Bonzie Colson

Jimmer is not on the level of Trae. And Young can change his game when asked. 

He only took 20 shots last game and still had 44pts. 

Jimmer cant get to the lane like Trae either. Kid is avg 10+ attempts at the free throw line a game. 

Jimmer also doesn’t have the range off dribble to shoot like Trae. 

Forget shot attempts. He is still shooting right at 45% from the field and over 40% from three on 10 attempts a game.

Jimmer wished he could do that against the competition that Trae has played. 

4 hours ago, WVgrizz said:

Trae Young is just another Jimmer Fredette...Will do NOTHING in the NBA. Its easy to average 30 when you take 25 shots per game..He is not the next Steph Curry. Regardless we wont have a shot at him because he will probably go Top 3.

How hard is it when you take less than 20 attempts per game? Cause that's where Young is. Also Jimmer's only season comparable to Young's was his senior year, when Jimmer turned 22. Young is 19, averages MORE points than Jimmer did, while taking LESS shots, and shooting higher percentages from the field and 3 pt land, not to mention more than twice the number of assists. So forgive me for believing he can be more than Fredette.

And saying he won't be the next Steph Curry means little....he is literally the greatest shooter to ever play professional basketball. So the next guy won't be as good. Big deal. Trae Young could be a hall of fame player and still not be as great as Curry. Are teams supposed to bypass him because he isn't? What if he is just a better passing Kyrie? What if he only becomes Kevin Johnson? No team will be sad if they draft him and that is all he is. Players can be great without being the greatest.

10 minutes ago, lsugrizzfan said:

How hard is it when you take less than 20 attempts per game? Cause that's where Young is. Also Jimmer's only season comparable to Young's was his senior year, when Jimmer turned 22. Young is 19, averages MORE points than Jimmer did, while taking LESS shots, and shooting higher percentages from the field and 3 pt land, not to mention more than twice the number of assists. So forgive me for believing he can be more than Fredette.

And saying he won't be the next Steph Curry means little....he is literally the greatest shooter to ever play professional basketball. So the next guy won't be as good. Big deal. Trae Young could be a hall of fame player and still not be as great as Curry. Are teams supposed to bypass him because he isn't? What if he is just a better passing Kyrie? What if he only becomes Kevin Johnson? No team will be sad if they draft him and that is all he is. Players can be great without being the greatest.

You were probably on Hasheem Thabeet's jock when we drafted him saying he would be the next Dikembe...Pass on Young. I'm telling you guys this now. Mark my words.

2 hours ago, GoGrizz! said:

Way to be pessimistic!!! If we have the number 3 pick and take Knox or Sexton over Young, we're a laughing stock.

No way we get the 3rd pick. I was conducting this off of the 5, 6, or 7th pick that we will probably get. 

21 minutes ago, WVgrizz said:

You were probably on Hasheem Thabeet's jock when we drafted him saying he would be the next Dikembe...Pass on Young. I'm telling you guys this now. Mark my words.

Uh, no. Let me ask you this, do you think he is better than Conley? Now, or even when he was arm ohio?

this will tell me whether you have any validation. 

And nobody wanted Thabeet. He got pushed around by Dejuan Blair 🤣

I wanted Dejuan Blair so bad, as a second round guy

Trae Young is not better than Conley now. Trae Young statistically is better than Conley while he was at Ohio State..But stats dont matter...Conley was a winner at Ohio State. I dont think Young is a winner. He is a stat getter. 

7 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

I've soured on Young wasn't really to high on him to begin with but after the Alabama game I see him struggling with NBA level defense.....and he isn't a two way player he's all offense....

My pic would be

Bagley 

Jackson Jr

Sexton

Doncic

Young

I think Bagley will become a big star superstar if he goes to the perfect team....

Jackson Jr has all of the tools to be very good but doesn't have the personality to become a big star

I really like Sexton I think he has star written all over him he has the personality and will have the chip on his shoulder cause of all the Trae young hype....similar to Fox vs Ball last year..

If my top 3 were gone I would take Doncic he will probably be good but I doubt he becomes the next big euro superstar

I would take Young if all 4 were gone his offense is exciting but I really feel he won't put up those kinds of number in the league  he's too small and unathletic

You have to have personality?  I don't give two flips for personality.  I want a good winning basketball player.

1 hour ago, WVgrizz said:

Trae Young is not better than Conley now. Trae Young statistically is better than Conley while he was at Ohio State..But stats dont matter...Conley was a winner at Ohio State. I dont think Young is a winner. He is a stat getter. 

Trae is ligjtyears ahead of Conley RIGHT NOW in the scoring Dept. He’s also better at getting to the rim. 

15 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

Trae is ligjtyears ahead of Conley RIGHT NOW in the scoring Dept. He’s also better at getting to the rim. 

lol

trae young trae young trae young. dude, drain his balls already. 

29 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

lol

Can’t help he’s my favorite pick with where we’re at. I’d take Bagley over him but highly doubt we get #1. I feel Trae is going to fall between 4-7 range. 

8 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

I've soured on Young wasn't really to high on him to begin with but after the Alabama game I see him struggling with NBA level defense.....and he isn't a two way player he's all offense....

My pic would be

Bagley 

Jackson Jr

Sexton

Doncic

Young

I think Bagley will become a big star superstar if he goes to the perfect team....

Jackson Jr has all of the tools to be very good but doesn't have the personality to become a big star

I really like Sexton I think he has star written all over him he has the personality and will have the chip on his shoulder cause of all the Trae young hype....similar to Fox vs Ball last year..

If my top 3 were gone I would take Doncic he will probably be good but I doubt he becomes the next big euro superstar

I would take Young if all 4 were gone his offense is exciting but I really feel he won't put up those kinds of number in the league  he's too small and unathletic

Ayton?

52 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

lol

Also, at least I stick to my guns. And don’t change my mind from championship to bust within a few hours. 

4 hours ago, WVgrizz said:

Conley was a winner at Ohio State? Duh! He also had Greg Oden with him as well. Oklahoma is 16-5, number 2 in the Big 12. Right now, they're arguably a 2-3 seed. 

12 hours ago, WVgrizz said:

Not at all. I thought Hasheem was a bust from the word go. And I'm not on Trae Young's jock either. I was just pointing out that the Fredette comparison was ridiculous and not being as great as Steph doesn't mean they suck. No one has been as great as Steph. EVER. 

Don't worry, I will mark your words. And if he turns out to be a rotational player, I'll come back and remind you how stupid you sounded. Because you you're writing off a guy before he ever plays. Don't get me wrong- I've done it before, too. Just never with someone putting up crazy numbers. 

I want Miles Bridges on this team. If he isn't a superstar in the making I don't know what is. I like Jaren Jackson, but he is so raw offensively that I doubt he becomes anything more than Serge Ibaka.

Bridges looks like a star to me in the mode of Paul George and Mike Conley. He goes to the basket will abandon. 

11 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

You have to have personality?  I don't give two flips for personality.  I want a good winning basketball player.

I'm with you. Kawhi Leonard is with us, too.

I would like to keep Tyreke Evans, trade Marc -- and Brandan Wright along with Mario Chalmers (for a mid/late lotto pick) and then take Trae Young with our pick. 

Conley, Tyreke, Trae Young, Dillon Brooks, and Selden/McLemore/Kobi.  Chandler Parsons will be more of a stretch four but could also try to play some small forward.  Inside, I am good to go with Deyonta Davis as a primary big.  J Mart, Rabb, and Jam Green fill out a front court rotation. 

Then we fill out the roster with whatever draft pick we get in the Marc Trade: hopefully Michael Porter, Jr.  Maybe Mo Bamba.  Or if Jaren Jackson, Jr. falls.  Or, one of the Bridges (Miles to complete the forward rotation or Mikal to give us a weapon as a potential athletic two way small forward).  

Just sayin'... if we go small I would go REALLY small with a high-octane perimeter offense of Conley, Young/Brooks, Evans, Porter, Jr., and Deyonta Davis as the obligatory pick and roll big/rebounder/shot blocker.  

In today's league, it's not necessarily all about small ball (because the Warriors are long as all get out, Dray runs some offense as a point stretch five, and the go-go Rockets have a 6-6 bowling ball power point guard in James Harden).  It's more about perimeter scoring, perimeter scoring, and even MORE perimeter scoring with some defensive-minded bigs who can roll to the basket -- Clint Capella in H Town, and, to a lesser extent this year Javale McGee/Jordan Bell.  Although Pachulia gets the job done as a fundamentally sound, stoutly defensive big.  Same with Horford in Boston.  TT does some of that (but not enough) in LeaveAgainLand.  

Maybe get some mixing and matching at center with by adding some non-expensive (although not necessarily CHEAP) depth.  Kinda like what the Warriors do.  Use your 4 man as your default fourth option/glorified glue guy.  If you can get an athletic 3 and D stretch four with an edge then great.  But, they didn't make and aren't making many more Robert Horry's.  So, if you can't get that, then do some mix/match at the power forward spot too.  Bonus points if one of your rotation 3's can masquerade as a "smallballstretch4".

5 hours ago, lsugrizzfan said:

Don't worry, I will mark your words. And if he turns out to be a rotational player, I'll come back and remind you how stupid you sounded. Because you you're writing off a guy before he ever plays. Don't get me wrong- I've done it before, too. Just never with someone putting up crazy numbers. 

Let's remember this.

1 hour ago, WVgrizz said:

Yes Conley was a winner at OSU. He did win the National Championship as a FRESHMAN. I think you all are forgetting that. Oklahoma is def not a 2-3 seed.  Young is possibly the most turnover prone "elite" guard as well.

I agree Conley was a winner at Ohio State. I think YOU ARE FORGETTING that Mike Conley and Ohio State DID NOT win the national championship. They lost to Florida. So the next time you want to convince someone they are wrong, let's start with the truth.

13 minutes ago, lsugrizzfan said:

I agree Conley was a winner at Ohio State. I think YOU ARE FORGETTING that Mike Conley and Ohio State DID NOT win the national championship. They lost to Florida. So the next time you want to convince someone they are wrong, let's start with the truth.

Call me Trump then lol

I'm done talking about/ comparing Trae Young. We will see how it plays out. We will never draft him anyway.

Assuming that we still hold onto Mike and Marc and with both of them getting old and injury-prone, we should just take the best player available. We need a potential superstar regardless of position. If Trae Young is the one, take him. If it's Ayton or Doncic, take him. What's important now is to tank enough games to stay on top of the draft and hope we can get a top 3 pick.

I'd go with Sexton where I think (hope) we draft.

If we get #1 then Bagley obviously.

As an aside to what was mentioned above - Personality absolutely IS important. Leonard and Duncan do have great personalities - all they care about is the game and getting better.

Chip on the shoulder types are good too.

The thankful to be here (think Jarrell Martin up until this year) types don't work. Neither do the guys who have no passion for basketball (Thabeet / Darko).

Personality is a huge component of drafting. Big reason I was disappointed with the W. Baldwin pick two years ago.