Bagley is ok. 

Still not sure who I’d prefer at this point: Ayton, Young, Bagley, Doncic, Jackson, Porter or Bamba.

Honestly, gun to my head, Jackson seems like the best combo of present and future to me.

16 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

Bagley is ok. 

Still not sure who I’d prefer at this point: Ayton, Young, Bagley, Doncic, Jackson, Porter or Bamba.

Honestly, gun to my head, Jackson seems like the best combo of present and future to me.

Me and Memphisx agree! Now get on board with Tony Bennett as our head coach and we'd be moving in the right direction!

42 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

As long as we finish with a top 5 pick - i am good.   Lots of legit options to choose from. 

Phoenix had players drafted 5 players picked in the top 5 of the draft. They had an additional 4 more lottery picks on their roster last night. 

That didn't help them win. It's not the draft position but the player that's important. I believe it is harder to make a mistake in the top 5 and harder to get a difference maker outside of the top 5 but having a top 5 pick doesn't insure anything. 

19 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Phoenix had players drafted 5 players picked in the top 5 of the draft. They had an additional 4 more lottery picks on their roster last night. 

That didn't help them win. It's not the draft position but the player that's important. I believe it is harder to make a mistake in the top 5 and harder to get a difference maker outside of the top 5 but having a top 5 pick doesn't insure anything. 

Yep i am just betting on the odds.   On bright side the org is showing that it is now invested in development and guys like Dillon, Ivan, Davis, and Seldon are emerging as smart investments.  Adding a top flight talent to them will make the future more exciting for sure. 

On 1/28/2018 at 8:57 AM, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Still think Bagley should clearly be our pick if we get the chance. He's both bpa and the best fit.

What do you think of Doncic? 

5 hours ago, TT_Grizz said:

What do you think of Doncic? 

He’s good. The issue is finding out if he’s reached his ceiling already. And if he has, he is a starter. 

But at that point do you risk taking him over the others in this draft?

On 1/30/2018 at 9:11 AM, GrizzTigerFan said:

As long as we finish with a top 5 pick - i am good.   Lots of legit options to choose from. 

I don't see how you say that if they get the 5th pick, everyone pretty much says there seems to be 5 picks so the Grizz would only have 1 option, whoever was left.

I've soured on Young wasn't really to high on him to begin with but after the Alabama game I see him struggling with NBA level defense.....and he isn't a two way player he's all offense....

My pic would be

Bagley 

Jackson Jr

Sexton

Doncic

Young

I think Bagley will become a big star superstar if he goes to the perfect team....

Jackson Jr has all of the tools to be very good but doesn't have the personality to become a big star

I really like Sexton I think he has star written all over him he has the personality and will have the chip on his shoulder cause of all the Trae young hype....similar to Fox vs Ball last year..

If my top 3 were gone I would take Doncic he will probably be good but I doubt he becomes the next big euro superstar

I would take Young if all 4 were gone his offense is exciting but I really feel he won't put up those kinds of number in the league  he's too small and unathletic

Trae Young is unbelievable. Not sure why people say he is in athletic when he literally gets in the lane at will.  I’m not saying he doesn’t have any warts but everyone does.  I think he is an obvious superstud that people are going to spend the next few months talking themselves out of what they are seeing.

4 hours ago, Memphis Maverick said:

He’s good. The issue is finding out if he’s reached his ceiling already. And if he has, he is a starter. 

But at that point do you risk taking him over the others in this draft?

I've never seen an 18 year old who has reached his ceiling. He will get better. The question, for me, is whether or not he is going to be a good player, an all-star, or superstar.

7 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

Trae Young is unbelievable. Not sure why people say he is in athletic when he literally gets in the lane at will.  I’m not saying he doesn’t have any warts but everyone does.  I think he is an obvious superstud that people are going to spend the next few months talking themselves out of what they are seeing.

Great range, quick release, no hitches in his shot.

I like him - not convinced he's the next Curry, but he's good.

Trae Young is just another Jimmer Fredette...Will do NOTHING in the NBA. Its easy to average 30 when you take 25 shots per game..He is not the next Steph Curry. Regardless we wont have a shot at him because he will probably go Top 3.

Interesting Top 5 ish picks for us I believe are as followed

1. Luka Doncic

2. Kevin Knox (Think Paul George 2.0)

3. Collin Sexton

Second Rounders

1. Jevon Carter

2. Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk

3. Lagerald Vick

4.  Bruce Brown

5. Bonzie Colson

jimmer averaged 7 points per game as a freshman. If Young stayed 4 years, he would break every collegiate record held regarding offense.

6 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

jimmer averaged 7 points per game as a freshman. If Young stayed 4 years, he would break every collegiate record held regarding offense.

He would also break the most shots attempted to do so. Time will tell

2 hours ago, WVgrizz said:

Trae Young is just another Jimmer Fredette...Will do NOTHING in the NBA. Its easy to average 30 when you take 25 shots per game..He is not the next Steph Curry. Regardless we wont have a shot at him because he will probably go Top 3.

Interesting Top 5 ish picks for us I believe are as followed

1. Luka Doncic

2. Kevin Knox (Think Paul George 2.0)

3. Collin Sexton

Second Rounders

1. Jevon Carter

2. Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk

3. Lagerald Vick

4.  Bruce Brown

5. Bonzie Colson

Way to be pessimistic!!! If we have the number 3 pick and take Knox or Sexton over Young, we're a laughing stock.

The top 5 are pretty interchangeable, and I'd be happy with any of them:

1. Doncic

2. Bagley

3. Ayton

4. Porter (I'd have him #1 withstanding the injury - dude looks like a KD type) 

5. Young

There is no question on these. Y'all are high if you think Jackson Jr and Sexton are better prospects than these guys. Lots of people have Bamba and Mikal Bridges as the next best prospects. 

Jackson Jr. is the easily best fit among the "2nd-tier" though (IMO). Even though there is an injury concern, I hope the Grizz land Porter.

If we can trade Marc and get another first round pick, then I'd love getting one of Doncic/Bagley/Porter/Ayton/Young with our higher pick and going after Kevin Knox with our later pick. I like Knox. 

28 minutes ago, TT_Grizz said:

If we can trade Marc and get another first round pick, then I'd love getting one of Doncic/Bagley/Porter/Ayton/Young with our higher pick and going after Kevin Knox with our later pick. I like Knox. 

Yeah i haven't watched a whole game on Knox. He looks good the little time that I've seen if him play. (But not top5 good). Whats the knock on him?

46 minutes ago, Zappastache said:

The top 5 are pretty interchangeable, and I'd be happy with any of them:

1. Doncic

2. Bagley

3. Ayton

4. Porter (I'd have him #1 withstanding the injury - dude looks like a KD type) 

5. Young

There is no question on these. Y'all are high if you think Jackson Jr and Sexton are better prospects than these guys. Lots of people have Bamba and Mikal Bridges as the next best prospects. 

Jackson Jr. is the easily best fit among the "2nd-tier" though (IMO). Even though there is an injury concern, I hope the Grizz land Porter.

Jackson Jr has played himself into that first tier IMO. And Sexton outplayed Young this weekend