Ejpj23

TA sign and trade with Clips?

Grizz&Grind    0

A lot of interesting scenarios/thoughts...would always rather prefer getting some kind of asset back - draft pick, player rights, trade exceptions - as opposed to letting a player walk for nothing.

Ndq0327    0
35 minutes ago, Xerion said:

This Marcus Smart talk is crazy. He's got a terrible attitude and is the king of flopping.

Who cares TA has a terrible attitude when things don't go his way and he's  the king of cheating off his assignment  and getting burned on D. 

Marcus Smart can be the new TA they are the same size went to the same school have issues on offense and they can both defend bigger players. It's a win win. 

Grizball    0
2 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

If this is the only way for Tony to stay in the league and get paid more than vet Minimum.  I say we should help facilitate this.  Wallace owes him that. 

Agreed. If TA can get a better offer elsewhere he would have signed already. I think there are teams interested in him but only the LAC is making him a decent offer. Would anyone rather see him go to another team for the minimum which many fans would say we should have given him that or is it better to help facilitate a trade to help him get a more decent offer? I don't think we should be in a position to negotiate and we should accept the TPE if this is what we can get. An additional 2nd round pick would be a bonus. 

Funny, people thinking they can get Patrick Beverly in a S&T for TA.  The Clips just lost a perennial NBA All-Defensive Team 1st team player in Chris Paul.  They aren't going to give up a young 1st teamer (Beverly) for a 35 year old 2nd teamer.

Thomas    0
4 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Funny, people thinking they can get Patrick Beverly in a S&T for TA.  The Clips just lost a perennial NBA All-Defensive Team 1st team player in Chris Paul.  They aren't going to give up a young 1st teamer (Beverly) for a 35 year old 2nd teamer.

Never underestimate the stupidity of Doc Rivers.

So I'm reading speculation that the Clips' trade exception may be in play - almost $8mil.  

I would not object to this if it were part of a larger move, say to trade Wright and the exception for somebody that could actually help us.

18 minutes ago, The Truth is OUT said:

So I'm reading speculation that the Clips' trade exception may be in play - almost $8mil.  

I would not object to this if it were part of a larger move, say to trade Wright and the exception for somebody that could actually help us.

Unless the rules have changed, I'm pretty sure you can't package a trade exception with players in a trade.

53 minutes ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

Unless the rules have changed, I'm pretty sure you can't package a trade exception with players in a trade.

Argh, yeah, I keep forgetting that.

grizzgolf    0
On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 7:53 PM, grizz1016 said:

Not even Pat Bev?

Well.....I would be ok with that...

Ndq0327    0

The only way he gets on the Clipps now is a Sign and Trade since they spent their money on a Pg yesterday.

8 hours ago, GF#1 said:

Dave gonna go for the trifecta with TA?

It would be funny, especially if the Grizzlies signed Afflalo, Tolliver, or Ty Lawson to make it a trifecta both ways.

fanboyslim    0

I'm kind of surprised by the lack of noise regarding TA. You would expect that there should be some demand for his services considering he could be signed by relatively little money. Which makes me wonder if there is indeed a deal in the making just waiting for the right time to be executed.

34 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

I'm kind of surprised by the lack of noise regarding TA. You would expect that there should be some demand for his services considering he could be signed by relatively little money. Which makes me wonder if there is indeed a deal in the making just waiting for the right time to be executed.

You mean like if JaM resigns then TA would shortly after, guess that could happen. I think there has been little activity in the NBA period over the last couple of weeks. It was a flurry and then just a couple of things here and there like DRose. I think some dominos will fall if an Irving trade happens and if a Melo trade happens. Otherwise, I could see teams signing players right before training camp. 

fanboyslim    0
54 minutes ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

You mean like if JaM resigns then TA would shortly after, guess that could happen. I think there has been little activity in the NBA period over the last couple of weeks. It was a flurry and then just a couple of things here and there like DRose. I think some dominos will fall if an Irving trade happens and if a Melo trade happens. Otherwise, I could see teams signing players right before training camp. 

Yeah, or a S&T with other team (I doubt we'll sign TA after getting Selden, Chalmers, Evans and McLenore).

On 7/27/2017 at 7:06 AM, fanboyslim said:

It makes me wonder if he was a bigger headache to deal with than what was even mentioned on this board.

Clearly Joerger was open to dealing with the established, culture building veteran from the Grizzlies. However, no hint of a deal yet.  Maybe all these teams with coaches (Celtics, Clippers, T'Wolves, Kings, and Grizzlies) who know what kind of guy Tony is just haven't met his salary demands or maybe he really is a PITA who needs to be coddled at times and he's injured frequently.    

Or maybe this is a little bit like a defensive version of Lance Stephenson last year.  No deal until a team really needs his services once the season gets going.

I admit to not knowing what is going on behind the scenes, but what is being revealed right now doesn't look good.

chipc3    0
9 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

It makes me wonder if he was a bigger headache to deal with than what was even mentioned on this board.

Clearly Joerger was open to dealing with the established, culture building veteran from the Grizzlies. However, no hint of a deal yet.  Maybe all these teams with coaches (Celtics, Clippers, T'Wolves, Kings, and Grizzlies) who know what kind of guy Tony is just haven't met his salary demands or maybe he really is a PITA who needs to be coddled at times and he's injured frequently.    

Or maybe this is a little bit like a defensive version of Lance Stephenson last year.  No deal until a team really needs his services once the season gets going.

I admit to not knowing what is going on behind the scenes, but what is being revealed right now doesn't look good.

Rumor is that Allen is refusing a league minimum contract and no one is offering more than that. 

fanboyslim    0
1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

Rumor is that Allen is refusing a league minimum contract and no one is offering more than that. 

If that's true he may as well retire now, I don't think his stock is going to go up as time goes on.

37 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

If that's true he may as well retire now, I don't think his stock is going to go up as time goes on.

Casual Grizz fans would lose their minds if TA is out of the league because of Ben McLemore. 

I think Tony will be picked up.

He may not like playing basketball for $2.3 mm/year, but he may hate sitting around the house for $0/year.

He also may decide that if he's going to play for that, he'll wait and play for a potential championship team.

chipc3    0
1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Casual Grizz fans would lose their minds if TA is out of the league because of Ben McLemore. 

Not just casual fans either if Ben doesn't start off strong. 

Jetfixer    0

I'm not upset about Tony, I think it's time to move on. I'm not saying who they brought in is better, but I think he is a distraction when not starting. Just my opinion 

SC Grizz    0
32 minutes ago, Jetfixer said:

I'm not upset about Tony, I think it's time to move on. I'm not saying who they brought in is better, but I think he is a distraction when not starting. Just my opinion 

+1 Well said

redeye    0

just somebody tell me what is this fizz plan just anyone?