Ejpj23

TA sign and trade with Clips?

LAC picked up some guys from the HOU trade that I think have non guaranteed contracts. If there is a sign and trade I would expect we get some of these contracts plus a future 2nd round pick. We have so many players now we are trying to trim the roster so picking up another one to add to our limited cap space is not the way to go. 

I'l take a trade exception and either a draft pick 2nd is fine or the rights to a player. Then use that exception to get Smart

Lou Williams for TA just feels right. Williams is from here and fits the style of play we're transitioning into.

1 hour ago, Ndq0327 said:

I'l take a trade exception and either a draft pick 2nd is fine or the rights to a player. Then use that exception to get Smart

The Clips are over the cap, they can't absorb TA's contract without sending equivalent salary back.

2 hours ago, Thomas said:

Lou Williams for TA just feels right. Williams is from here and fits the style of play we're transitioning into.

My first thought was the same, but then with all the new young guys we should get a hard nose to balance out, thats why I was leaning to Beverly

12 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

My first thought was the same, but then with all the new young guys we should get a hard nose to balance out, thats why I was leaning to Beverly

Yeah I'd definitely be good with either.

I'm guessing Jerry West wants to pair Tony Allen with the offensively gifted yet defensively challenged Milos Teodosic off the bench. Sam Dekker would be pretty redundant after just signing Gallinari 3 years for $65 million. I could see them definitely doing this trade.

Didn't know about their TPE. Then basically we can just trade TA to LAC without getting anything back and we would get a TPE. Or maybe the TPE and a future 2nd round pick. I think our FO should do TA a favor and get him to the team he wants to go to.

14 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

If they aint talking Pat Bev or Lou William then hangup the phone. 

LOL! You'd rather lose Tony Allen for nothing? I wouldn't hang up the phone. I'd talk and see what they are offering and how negotiable they are. 

For someone screaming not to play TA anymore in favor of Troy Daniels and Wayne Seldon, I don't see why suddenly he's against listening to offer for TA?

9 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

The Clips are over the cap, they can't absorb TA's contract without sending equivalent salary back.

They have a trade exception already that they can use

11 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

LOL! You'd rather lose Tony Allen for nothing? I wouldn't hang up the phone. I'd talk and see what they are offering and how negotiable they are. 

For someone screaming not to play TA anymore in favor of Troy Daniels and Wayne Seldon, I don't see why suddenly he's against listening to offer for TA?

Yea I was a little confused with that one myself. You get whatever you can for TA. We have to remember TA is a star only in Memphis everywhere else he's a role player

43 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

The question is what is considered good return from TA. Getting a $5-7M TPE (assuming that's what TA would make in his first year) we may not even use because of lack of roster space before it expires might not be enough value in exchange for allowing the Clippers to hire a player they can't otherwise afford. Some may well think nothing less than Beverley or Williams is worth it (I don't), and it's a perfectly justifiable position.

I'd absolutely let the Clippers make a pitch, and make a counteroffer, but you always need to be ready to walk away from a negotiation.

Plus there may be other TA S&T scenarios beyond the Clippers'. Most teams interested in his services (win-now contenders) might need an S&T if they want to offer him anything beyond the minimum.

12 hours ago, grizz1016 said:

Not even Pat Bev?

Not Lou?

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

All of a sudden TA got to be a much better player, don't you think? :)

If they steal Dekker for TA I promise not to say another bad word about Wallace for the month of July.

8 minutes ago, Dwash said:

If they steal Dekker for TA I promise not to say another bad word about Wallace for the month of July.

:lol:

54 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

The question is what is considered good return from TA. Getting a $5-7M TPE (assuming that's what TA would make in his first year) we may not even use because of lack of roster space before it expires might not be enough value in exchange for allowing the Clippers to hire a player they can't otherwise afford. Some may well think nothing less than Beverley or Williams is worth it (I don't), and it's a perfectly justifiable position.

I'd absolutely let the Clippers make a pitch, and make a counteroffer, but you always need to be ready to walk away from a negotiation.

Plus there may be other TA S&T scenarios beyond the Clippers'. Most teams interested in his services (win-now contenders) might need an S&T if they want to offer him anything beyond the minimum.

It was a quick overreaction - of course I would be good with a TPE or 2nd rd pick and not a fan of losing him for nothing.   

Right now we need to free up a roster spot so gaining assets to trade can be the easiest way to accomplish that. 

Allen for a TPE and a second round pick. Then turn that TPE and second round pick to the Celtics for Marcus Smart, as it seems they are trying to unload some contracts.

That would be nice too.

44 minutes ago, JWill4L said:

Allen for a TPE and a second round pick. Then turn that TPE and second round pick to the Celtics for Marcus Smart, as it seems they are trying to unload some contracts.

That would be nice too.

Would love to find a way to get Marcus Smart ... don't get my hopes up.

If this is the only way for Tony to stay in the league and get paid more than vet Minimum.  I say we should help facilitate this.  Wallace owes him that. 

This Marcus Smart talk is crazy. He's got a terrible attitude and is the king of flopping.

3 minutes ago, Xerion said:

This Marcus Smart talk is crazy. He's got a terrible attitude and is the king of flopping.

If possible I would prefer Lou, PatB or Dekker. 

Pat for his toughness, Lou for his scoring replacing zbo as 6th man, and Dekker for his upside

Heh I remember one night at the Forum watching the C's play the Grizz....some guy a few rows down from me was ALL OVER Smart about his weight.  It was HARSH...but funny heckling anyway heh.  I'm not sure what I think about Smart.  He looks good sometimes but usually just doesn't seem very interested.