Super Dave

Gasol to Celtics? Naw. Right?

Memfizz    0

This would only sting because the Celtics are looking fantastic.

Marc deserves to be on a team like the Nets with his activity and effort level.

Marc is a great trade piece and I hope we use that for something big in return

TT_Grizz    0

Man Celtics fans would hate him lol, they need a big rebounding center desperately. They need another soft center who averages 6 boards along with Horford like I need a hole in the head. That being said, I'm happy with the shift Marc has put here and it would be sad to see him go along with ZBO, but I've been saying we need to move on ever since he collapsed vs the Spurs.

TT_Grizz    0

I would be happy if we only got one player in return as long we get a good handful of picks. It'd be a good start to the rebuild.

This is the national media being stupid. My favorite part was the Celtics would get marc without giving up any of their key contributors, and then he said, this would help the celtics.....

Which was the whole point.

1 minute ago, Memphis Maverick said:

Saw this. He isn't going anywhere.

Yep this is just fan speculation.  At this point i am okay with running our big 3 out there and seeing how the team looks without the GNG guys first.  If Gasol is still being a wuss and things not working out then move him at the deadline. 

Father Pat    0
2 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

Saw this. He isn't going anywhere.

I did a little research on this and I believe the number is wrong. I think the amount came before July 1st. Max trade kicker is 15% of remaining salary, not counting any option years. That should drop it to roughly 6.6 mil.

Father Pat    0
2 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Jaylen brown and our pick back would be good for me

Brown, our pick, another 1st rounder, and a used washing machine.

Ndq0327    0
30 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Yep this is just fan speculation.  At this point i am okay with running our big 3 out there and seeing how the team looks without the GNG guys first.  If Gasol is still being a wuss and things not working out then move him at the deadline. 

I don't think it's fan speculation at all honestly. I could see this happening if the Celtics struck out on other big named guys. 

Ndq0327    0

The Celtics would have to add a few more players but Jaylen Brown would definately  have to be included. I'd take Brown Smart or Rozier and whomever else to get the money right plus our pick back and some high seconds. 

BLUEandGOLD    0

I love Marc, but this could be a great opportunity to move on. Celtics will have to give us a player or 2 to help with salary, but we definitely need our pick and another to make it worthwhile. If we wait til deadline they will be less likely to give up solid players while making a run in the East.

Thomas    0

It makes a lot of sense for both sides but I'm skeptical that they'd be willing to move on from so many core pieces in a single offseason. 

Marc should leave.  He won't be able to handle what will be asked of him this year.   He is a decent player that kills our offense with his multiple touches that usually generate not much action or production.  He is so overrated.

I'm wondering which new grizz 2nd rounder he will defer to this year.

Ndq0327    0
12 minutes ago, BLUEandGOLD said:

I love Marc, but this could be a great opportunity to move on. Celtics will have to give us a player or 2 to help with salary, but we definitely need our pick and another to make it worthwhile. If we wait til deadline they will be less likely to give up solid players while making a run in the East.

Our pick back and Brown n Rozier is more than enough for Marc. If we are keeping mike n Chandler then we need players that will help us stay competitive. Mike has needed the opportunity to play on a faster paced team Marc is the last thing holding it back. I would do the deal just to maximize Mike even more. The fans will be alright  as long as there is an entertaining product on the floor they will be happy.

Heres my deal Bradley Smart Brown our 1st back and two high second round pick for Marc.

then waive or trade Baldwin, Harrison, Daniels, Ennis ,Martin I'd keep Wright since this system would fit him better and look to sign TJones to start at the 4 or back up Parsons who would start alongside Davis.

Mike/Smart/Harrison

Bradley/ Mclemore/Brooks

Brown/Rade/Brooks

Parsons/TJones/Rabb

DD/Wright 

That would leave 1 spot open for a player 

'Don't think this team makes the playoffs but it would be competitive and fun to watch

Interesting dilemma for fans on here, and pretty standard.

Grizzlies player is horrible, but the Celtics should want him because he helps them win.

It's a yearly thing.

3 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Interesting dilemma for fans on here, and pretty standard.

Grizzlies player is horrible, but the Celtics should want him because he helps them win.

It's a yearly thing.

The last person we need to get rid of right now is Marc. He's still tradeable after this season.

let them see what they can do with this squad