Super Dave

Gasol to Celtics? Naw. Right?

fanboyslim    0
2 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

They can't even pay Hayward outright. How the hell are they going to pay Marc. But go on sheep. Cling to that little hope you have.

Next year: marcus smart is a RFA, Avery Bradley is a free agent and IT is a free agent. They can't even pay Hayward, lol.

They could, in theory, throw a trade including Horford (who also has a trade kicker). Why either they or we would do that, beats me.

I find it amusing how a single opinion article can generate so much buzz. After a few days, you have fans and sports journalists talking about a potential trade that only existed in some guy's head, simply because they're quoting each other through the filter of twitter, fan forums and the like.

I think we should come up with some technically feasible personnel move through private messages, and then start dropping mentions to it in the forums, twitter and facebook, see how long it takes for a major outlet to publish "per league sources: this BS scenario some Grizzlies fans completely made up may go down at any moment."

chipc3    0
20 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

The Celtics would have to add a few more players but Jaylen Brown would definately  have to be included. I'd take Brown Smart or Rozier and whomever else to get the money right plus our pick back and some high seconds. 

This is the problem. The Grizzlies can't take on more players. They already are at 15 players and likely want to resign JaMychal Green to reach 16. Unless they don't sign their 3 2nd round picks (Rabb, Brooks or Zagoric) who they traded future picks to get, the Grizzlies can't do a trade that brings in more players than they send out. Ideally any trade would involve multiple Grizzlies players for someone coming here. 

In my opinion, if the Grizzlies trade Gasol it would have to include Martin, Daniels or Wright to bring in someone and that means the Grizzlies are reaching for a mega sized contract in return. I can't see the Grizzlies trading Gasol and bringing back multiple players unless has something else up his sleeve to trade multiple players out to bring in someone worthwhile.  

The_PROOF    0
19 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

And the phone will hang up Marc is 32 no way you get 3 1st round picks for him. (Includes Tatum) they will be lucky to get 2

And when the phone hangs up, I would go on about my day completely unbothered.

I'm not giving arguably the best center in the NBA away for peanuts. This isn't the Paul George or Jimmy Butler situation. Marc hasn't asked to leave and hasn't been an issue in the locker room. 

Grizzlies have all of the leverage. Acquiring Gasol could elevate Boston to the favorites in the East. I would make them think long and hard about how bad they want him.

Tatum, a 2018 1st, and our 2019 or have a nice day.

cdp    0

With the way this team is constructed we got worse so we're probably 6th seed at best, given Parsons health. So the best thing might be to gain assets n move Gasol to a contending situation while he has 2-3 good years left. I don't think he signed up for this. Heck i don't think Conley, Parsons n Fizz did either. Lettin Zbo go n signin Mclemore tells me they're not even considerin challengin the top teams. 

chipc3    0
1 hour ago, cdp said:

With the way this team is constructed we got worse so we're probably 6th seed at best, given Parsons health. So the best thing might be to gain assets n move Gasol to a contending situation while he has 2-3 good years left. I don't think he signed up for this. Heck i don't think Conley, Parsons n Fizz did either. Lettin Zbo go n signin Mclemore tells me they're not even considerin challengin the top teams. 

I imagine (hope, pray, whatever) that the Grizzlies are going to try one more year with Parsons, Conley and Gasol as the Big 3 and see who develops around them. Throw in a 2018 first round pick and the team can make clearer decisions next summer. If someone is moved among the top 3 then hopefully the team will find a way to get back into the 2019 draft as well.  

6 hours ago, chipc3 said:

I imagine (hope, pray, whatever) that the Grizzlies are going to try one more year with Parsons, Conley and Gasol as the Big 3 and see who develops around them. Throw in a 2018 first round pick and the team can make clearer decisions next summer. If someone is moved among the top 3 then hopefully the team will find a way to get back into the 2019 draft as well.  

I'm pretty sure this is the plan. They most likely see last year as a wash since we never really got CP at full health. I think this year is the pivotal year that they decide to scrap the team if the "Big 3" never develop, or build around them if they show promise

Blue Bear    0
9 hours ago, cdp said:

6th seed, you are being very generous. The Grizzlies would be lucky to reach the 8th spot in the West.

Edited by Blue Bear
reworded

Iron Mike    0
14 minutes ago, Blue Bear said:

6th seed, you are being very generous. I don't see the Grizzlies would be lucky to be 8th in the West.

Gotta agree with this one.

We have a lot of unproven talent on the roster.

I'm not really sure who'd be the leader at this point.

WVgrizz    0
26 minutes ago, Iron Mike said:

Gotta agree with this one.

We have a lot of unproven talent on the roster.

I'm not really sure who'd be the leader at this point.

Conley is the leader of this team...But i see us missing the playoffs next season. 

lions    0
26 minutes ago, grizzgolf said:

I cant wait to see what this new version of the Grizzlies look like. 

34-48

chipc3    0
12 hours ago, Back2Grizzness said:

I'm pretty sure this is the plan. They most likely see last year as a wash since we never really got CP at full health. I think this year is the pivotal year that they decide to scrap the team if the "Big 3" never develop, or build around them if they show promise

Once again injuries derailed the team at the wrong time. Rudy's injury in 2011 cost the team a serious run at the title (they lost in the semis despite missing Rudy from February on). Zach Randolph's leg injury and return as the playoffs began derailed the team during the strike shortened 2012 playoff run. Mike Conley's broken face and Tony Allen's hamstring torched the playoff run in 2015. 2016 saw injuries across the board taking the Grizzlies from among the best in the league to a sweep against the Spurs. Last year the team bet hard on Parsons only to see him limited to under 30 games. If the team had been healthier who knows what they could have accomplished?

Then again, we wouldn't be the Grizzlies if we didn't play the underdog role... 

GF#1    0
23 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Once again injuries derailed the team at the wrong time. Rudy's injury in 2011 cost the team a serious run at the title (they lost in the semis despite missing Rudy from February on). Zach Randolph's leg injury and return as the playoffs began derailed the team during the strike shortened 2012 playoff run. Mike Conley's broken face and Tony Allen's hamstring torched the playoff run in 2015. 2016 saw injuries across the board taking the Grizzlies from among the best in the league to a sweep against the Spurs. Last year the team bet hard on Parsons only to see him limited to under 30 games. If the team had been healthier who knows what they could have accomplished?

Then again, we wouldn't be the Grizzlies if we didn't play the underdog role... 

Not to mention self-inflicted stupidity like Randolph's suspension against the Thunder for Game 7 in 2014.

guillermo    0
1 minute ago, GF#1 said:

Not to mention self-inflicted stupidity like Randolph's suspension against the Thunder for Game 7 in 2014.

that was huge mistake.  he costs us

zbo also wrecked chemistry before playoffs (forget which year) when he petitioned LH back into starting lineup when we were rolling with speightz w/first team- messed that chemistry all up

zbo is selfish I know Memphis thinks hes the greatest ever but he's selfish.

chipc3    0
10 minutes ago, GF#1 said:

Frankly I think the team was dead when they lost game 6 with Z-Bo. There was very little chance the was going to beat the Thunder in OKC in a game 7. 

KGF    0
13 hours ago, Blue Bear said:

6th seed, you are being very generous. The Grizzlies would be lucky to reach the 8th spot in the West.

Pretty much.

The Grizzlies backup point guard position is garbage and neither guy would get minutes on any other team. Even scrub teams like the Brooklyn Nets have better options. The Grizzlies don't have a single reliable wing player and don't have a single reliable backup big, their main options aren't strong enough to make up for this. Not good in a even stronger Western Conference.

guillermo    0
2 minutes ago, KGF said:

Pretty much.

The Grizzlies backup point guard position is garbage and neither guy would get minutes on any other team. Even scrub teams like the Brooklyn Nets have better options. The Grizzlies don't have a single reliable wing player and don't have a single reliable backup big, their main options aren't strong enough to make up for this. Not good in a even stronger Western Conference.

I think parsons ridiculous albatross of a contract would scare away any reliable free agents

they see we don't have the talent now to contend and no flexibility 

GF#1    0
21 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Frankly I think the team was dead when they lost game 6 with Z-Bo. There was very little chance the was going to beat the Thunder in OKC in a game 7. 

I respect your opinion. But we lost by 11 points in game 7. Who knows how much the game would have been different with Zbo out there. Would have allowed Gasol to exert more effort on the defensive end, as opposed to being the only reasonable inside threat.

Looking dead in game 6 doesn't necessarily equate to the same result for a game 7.

It's been awhile so I might be remembering incorrectly, but I recall it being a frantic pace due to the lack of Zbo inside, hence we took more outside shots, more long rebounds, more transition opportunities for OKC.

And the scores would seem to reflect that idea as well. OKC averaged a little over 99 points per game in the first 6 games, and scored 120 in the final game.

Blue Bear    0
39 minutes ago, GF#1 said:

I respect your opinion. But we lost by 11 points in game 7. Who knows how much the game would have been different with Zbo out there. Would have allowed Gasol to exert more effort on the defensive end, as opposed to being the only reasonable inside threat.

Looking dead in game 6 doesn't necessarily equate to the same result for a game 7.

It's been awhile so I might be remembering incorrectly, but I recall it being a frantic pace due to the lack of Zbo inside, hence we took more outside shots, more long rebounds, more transition opportunities for OKC.

And the scores would seem to reflect that idea as well. OKC averaged a little over 99 points per game in the first 6 games, and scored 120 in the final game.

I remember that game but if Zbo didn't get suspended we would have won that series. Then it would have been a totally different history for the Grizzlies to make it to the finals. That would have been amazing. We lose more star power if we don't have Gasol. He is the face of the team. Losing ZBO, TA and VC takes away a lot of the teams star power and identity. I don't know what this team will look like next season. We are no longer Grit-N-Grind.

chipc3    0
1 hour ago, GF#1 said:

It's just my opinion but I remember the game reasonably well.

Grizzlies started off red hot, hitting everything and looking like they'd catch OKC sleeping and steal the win. Then the Thunder blew us out in the next two quarters but double digits each quarter. Memphis was kept at arms length the rest of the way. The final score was a bit deceiving. OKC dominated the game.

OKC dominated Memphis in game 6 as well (20 point win in Memphis). The Grizzlies won game 5 by a single point. The Grizzlies had their chances and losing Z-Bo made it nearly impossible but the team needed to finish of OKC in game 6. That was the back breaker. 

Honestly the better team won too. OKC won three games by double digits. Memphis won 3 games by a combined 10 points. 

GF#1    0
15 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Grizzlies started off red hot, hitting everything and looking like they'd catch OKC sleeping and steal the win. Then the Thunder blew us out in the next two quarters but double digits each quarter. Memphis was kept at arms length the rest of the way. The final score was a bit deceiving. OKC dominated the game.

OKC dominated Memphis in game 6 as well (20 point win in Memphis). The Grizzlies won game 5 by a single point. The Grizzlies had their chances and losing Z-Bo made it nearly impossible but the team needed to finish of OKC in game 6. That was the back breaker. 

Honestly the better team won too. OKC won three games by double digits. Memphis won 3 games by a combined 10 points. 

OKC was definitely the better team. But I would have at least liked to see a fair fight in game 7.

Totally agree on how deflating game 6 was. I don't think I've ever attended a game where the entire crowd was just so deflated and defeated. Weakest energy I've ever seen in the Forum for a playoff game.

Blue Bear    0
22 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

blasphemy