Super Dave

Gasol to Celtics? Naw. Right?

13 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

The last person we need to get rid of right now is Marc. He's still tradeable after this season.

let them see what they can do with this squad

Yeah but what if he has a lousy season, you still think his trade value would be the same?

1 minute ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Yeah but what if he has a lousy season, you still think his trade value would be the same?

Yes. Because after 7 seasons of continued success it would be looked at as a blip in the radar. Just needs to stay healthy. 

Ndq0327    0
8 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

The last person we need to get rid of right now is Marc. He's still tradeable after this season.

let them see what they can do with this squad

Each year he gets older his value declines if they are really contemplating it now then they should pull the trigger. The west is completely stacked so making the playoffs will already be hard enough. But we are strapped for Assets and pics and one Gasoline trade can fix that. 

1 minute ago, Memphis Maverick said:

Yes. Because after 7 seasons of continued success it would be looked at as a blip in the radar. Just needs to stay healthy. 

Disagree. But I don't think he is going anywhere.

Ndq0327    0
3 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Thank and we all know Marc will go full diva mode knowing the team is thinking about trading him.

2 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Disagree. But I don't think he is going anywhere.

I think you are confusing a couple of things. If marc declines, then his trade value would take a hit. If he doesn't decline, then it wouldn't. Doesn't matter what the team as a whole does.

pjoe    0

Man ... sounds like some people here are in full rebuild mode.  Maybe its just me, but I always found that winning is more fun than dreaming of lottery ping-pong balls.

King Dork    0
13 minutes ago, pjoe said:

Man ... sounds like some people here are in full rebuild mode.  Maybe its just me, but I always found that winning is more fun than dreaming of lottery ping-pong balls.

It is. But this team as currently constructed isn't likely to win much. 

MemphisX    0
15 minutes ago, pjoe said:

People here?

The roster is Mike, Marc, Parson's corpse and a bunch of fringe NBA players.  The Grizzlies are in full rebuild mode, they just have not traded one of the veils disguising it.

Grizz&Grind    0
3 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

People here?

The roster is Mike, Marc, Parson's corpse and a bunch of fringe NBA players.  The Grizzlies are in full rebuild mode, they just have not traded one of the veils disguising it.

Possibly - I'd still like to give whatever roster the front office constructs at least the first month of next season before starting to entertain Gasol offers.

SC Grizz    0

It is funny to read all of these reactions. This is literally the same trade that folks on this board were talking about making with them before except including a guaranteed high lottery pick (i.e. Tatum).

If they sent Smart, Crowder, plus sign and trade Olynyk (not sure this is possible) for Gasol and Baldwin... I'd be listening. 

47 minutes ago, pjoe said:

It's the NBA2K generation.  They it can all be easily fixed with a couple of unrealistic deals.

2 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

It's the NBA2K generation.  They it can all be easily fixed with a couple of unrealistic deals.

I'm God mode GM on 2K. NBA GMing is easy. I've laid out the plans on my PS4 for us to 3 peat...hire me Grizz. I'll sign right here on the official team message board. Ima say, 8 years, 10 mil guaranteed 

The_PROOF    0

Tatum's ceiling is much higher than Brown's. 

The conversation has to start with Tatum, a 2018 1st rounder and our own 2019 1st rounder.

Ndq0327    0
39 minutes ago, Grizz&Grind said:

Possibly - I'd still like to give whatever roster the front office constructs at least the first month of next season before starting to entertain Gasol offers.

Why?? 

srmjr23    0

Don't trade Gasol unless it's an absolute home run. Be the team everyone thinks made out in the deal.Tatum/Brown/Bradley, 

GF#1    0

I know Gasol has trade value, but multiple talented players and/or multiple 1st round picks don't seem to be very realistic. Am I under projecting here? I just don't see Boston parting with that much on a 32 year old center with an injury history.

Ndq0327    0
10 minutes ago, The_PROOF said:

Tatum's ceiling is much higher than Brown's. 

The conversation has to start with Tatum, a 2018 1st rounder and our own 2019 1st rounder.

And the phone will hang up Marc is 32 no way you get 3 1st round picks for him. (Includes Tatum) they will be lucky to get 2

Grizz&Grind    0
1 minute ago, Ndq0327 said:

Why?? 

Just to see if they can make the playoffs or how the team looks - I'm not as down on all the young players as some seem to be - think there is still potential - more concerned about the ability of the organization to develop players and have a system in place that fosters this development - from the G League team on up.

And what's the rush anyway - most likely you can get the same deal for Gasol after the first month of the season as you can right now anyway.

Ndq0327    0
6 minutes ago, srmjr23 said:

Don't trade Gasol unless it's an absolute home run. Be the team everyone thinks made out in the deal.Tatum/Brown/Bradley, 

A home run is Brown. Bradley or Crowder one of the Pgs and a pick. Gasol isn't going to get you any better than that if that.  Especially  with Wallace doing the negotiations