Sign in to follow this  
Kevin B Moses

Lol, the Jazz got 1 playoffs before the big markets took their star

2 hours ago, Jetfixer said:

I'm not saying anyone is wrong , but I do hear this every year at this time.

Nah, people have been saying our days of CONTENDING were over.  This exact path has been predicted by many posters on this board and has been shot down as negative.  Even while people were saying we were contending the last 2-3 years when we were actually in decline.

This is the first offseason in which there has been heavy speculation that we would MISS the playoffs.

On 7/4/2017 at 9:14 PM, Kevin B Moses said:

Informal poll: is it time for the jazz to blow it up and rebuild again? They can't beat gs for sure now. Do they need to trade Rudy Gobbert?

You know GTF is going to say Utah was lucky since they sold high instead of locking themselves in like the Grizzlies did with Conley. 

It's still early and I could be wrong but I expect the Heyward deal eventually becomes a sign and trade with the Celtics where Utah won't be left with nothing and the Celtics will be able to fit Gordon into their salary restraints. 

On 7/4/2017 at 9:40 PM, Kevin B Moses said:

Y'all want to rebuild. That's what Utah did, and after 7 years, their best player bolted to a big market.

Memphis doesn't know how good we have it that Mike and Marc built a culture in Memphis and we could resign guys of Mike and Marc's caliber. Which is a-typical. Nearly every other star bolts for greener pastures.

You want to win a championship, you do it with Mike and Marc. We will never be closer to a championship again after Mike and Marc leave. Everybody knew hayward was going to bolt, just like KD, just like Paul George, just like every other star does after 7 years.

People want us to be like Minnesota. They won't have KAT and Wiggins very long. 

Exactly

I feel bad the Jazz lost Hayward, but they have been working this offseason.

Drafted Donovan Mitchell, Tony Bradley, Nigel Williams-Goss.

Signed Thabo Sefolosha, Epke Udoh and Jonas Jerebko.

Resigned Joe Ingles.

Traded for Ricky Rubio

Add to a roster of Rudy Gobert, Dante Exum, and Rodney Hood. (And Derrick Favors if he decides he wants to play)

It's not the worst offeason effort I've seen.

35 minutes ago, Grizz&Grind said:

I feel bad the Jazz lost Hayward, but they have been working this offseason.

Drafted Donovan Mitchell, Tony Bradley, Nigel Williams-Goss.

Signed Thabo Sefolosha, Epke Udoh and Jonas Jerebko.

Resigned Joe Ingles.

Traded for Ricky Rubio

Add to a roster of Rudy Gobert, Dante Exum, and Rodney Hood. (And Derrick Favors if he decides he wants to play)

It's not the worst offeason effort I've seen.

They will lose Rudy gobert, and hood too if a big market wants them.

Mike, marc, zbo and tony was the best thing that ever happened to this franchise.

San Antonio was lucky that tim was an atypical star.

On 7/6/2017 at 10:02 AM, chipc3 said:

You know GTF is going to say Utah was lucky since they sold high instead of locking themselves in like the Grizzlies did with Conley. 

It's still early and I could be wrong but I expect the Heyward deal eventually becomes a sign and trade with the Celtics where Utah won't be left with nothing and the Celtics will be able to fit Gordon into their salary restraints. 

Not saying you are wrong here, but I believe the reason for the Bradley trade was to clear the cap room to sign him straight up. 

2 minutes ago, SC Grizz said:

Not saying you are wrong here, but I believe the reason for the Bradley trade was to clear the cap room to sign him straight up. 

You are correct. I made those comments prior to the Bradley trade. I heard, but don't know for sure, that Utah's price was too high so Boston found a more palatable deal. 

59 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

They will lose Rudy gobert, and hood too if a big market wants them.

Mike, marc, zbo and tony was the best thing that ever happened to this franchise.

San Antonio was lucky that tim was an atypical star.

Probably so, but I was more impressed with their offseason work - may not be all-stars and glitzy, but it's still impressive.