Sign in to follow this  
Kevin B Moses

Lol, the Jazz got 1 playoffs before the big markets took their star

Y'all want to rebuild. That's what Utah did, and after 7 years, their best player bolted to a big market.

Memphis doesn't know how good we have it that Mike and Marc built a culture in Memphis and we could resign guys of Mike and Marc's caliber. Which is a-typical. Nearly every other star bolts for greener pastures.

You want to win a championship, you do it with Mike and Marc. We will never be closer to a championship again after Mike and Marc leave. Everybody knew hayward was going to bolt, just like KD, just like Paul George, just like every other star does after 7 years.

People want us to be like Minnesota. They won't have KAT and Wiggins very long. 

Informal poll: is it time for the jazz to blow it up and rebuild again? They can't beat gs for sure now. Do they need to trade Rudy Gobbert?

10 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Informal poll: is it time for the jazz to blow it up and rebuild again? They can't beat gs for sure now. Do they need to trade Rudy Gobbert?

you think they take marc...that would make our core three just as good but younger

conley/baldwin

harrison/sheldon

parsons/ennis

jam/martin

gobbert/davis

cdp    0

Kinda feel for them a lil. We lost our best FA but they lost their best player.‎

Thomas    0

Whether you like it or not this thing is going to end. We have a very good chance of missing the playoffs this year - what will you be saying then?

grizz1016    0
15 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Whether you like it or not this thing is going to end. We have a very good chance of missing the playoffs this year - what will you be saying then?

Chances are actually very good we'll make the POs.

Suns, Lakers, Mavs, Clippers, Jazz and Kings won't be in the POs. That leaves 9 teams vying for 8 spots and the Grizz will be one of the bottom tier PO teams in the West.

Memfizz    0

What's with your agenda dude? I get it that most people who root for Grizzlies are very negative and cynical, but you need to learn to ignore it or certain posters who take up most the negativity.

I actually think we had the best chance the past two years, when healthy, big if, to be the darkhorse in the West and beat GS with our old school calculated style.. It was the only team that was so different, yet experienced and good, that it just might work.

However I put a huge chunk of the blame right on Marc, who doesn't show it or step up to lead when we are far and above our best when he's playing aggressive. After last playoffs, with a winnable Spurs series.. He did it again! That puts the nail in the coffin. He hasn't and he won't make that next step when it matters.. So our ceiling is pretty much set.

Thomas    0
45 minutes ago, Memfizz said:

What's with your agenda dude? I get it that most people who root for Grizzlies are very negative and cynical, but you need to learn to ignore it or certain posters who take up most the negativity.

I actually think we had the best chance the past two years, when healthy, big if, to be the darkhorse in the West and beat GS with our old school calculated style.. It was the only team that was so different, yet experienced and good, that it just might work.

However I put a huge chunk of the blame right on Marc, who doesn't show it or step up to lead when we are far and above our best when he's playing aggressive. After last playoffs, with a winnable Spurs series.. He did it again! That puts the nail in the coffin. He hasn't and he won't make that next step when it matters.. So our ceiling is pretty much set.

He has no agenda. He's had every opinion imaginable about this team since I've been on these boards. He's a classic contrarian.

Thomas    0
2 hours ago, grizz1016 said:

Suns, Lakers, Mavs, Clippers, Jazz and Kings won't be in the POs. That leaves 9 teams vying for 8 spots and the Grizz will be one of the bottom tier PO teams in the West.

I'll reserve judgement until FA has concluded. But with the way things are looking I see next season being an absolute **** show. We're banking on Mike/Marc/Parsons to carry us to a low playoff seed. You put a bunch of low-ceiling, u-24 year olds around them and this is what will probably happen: Marc is going to pout his way through entire the season, probably milking injuries intermittently throughout; Parsons will be doing maintenance on his shot knees on the rare occasion he isn't daydreaming about LA teenage girls; Conley will play his *** off as always, but he's also at risk of the rapid small-PG decline at any moment at this point in his career.

This is a team that has gotten blown out consistently when the going gets tough (remember "beat by 50," or how they were consistently spanked by younger teams last year?). When the whole season is tough, how do you think they'll respond?

SC Grizz    0
2 hours ago, Thomas said:

I'll reserve judgement until FA has concluded. But with the way things are looking I see next season being an absolute **** show. We're banking on Mike/Marc/Parsons to carry us to a low playoff seed. You put a bunch of low-ceiling, u-24 year olds around them and this is what will probably happen: Marc is going to pout his way through entire the season, probably milking injuries intermittently throughout; Parsons will be doing maintenance on his shot knees on the rare occasion he isn't daydreaming about LA teenage girls; Conley will play his *** off as always, but he's also at risk of the rapid small-PG decline at any moment at this point in his career.

This is a team that has gotten blown out consistently when the going gets tough (remember "beat by 50," or how they were consistently spanked by younger teams last year?). When the whole season is tough, how do you think they'll respond?

Perhaps we are countering the "consistently (getting) spanked by younger teams" problem by having younger (hopefully hungrier) dudes out there for when Marc is having a pout day. Let Marc ride the pine and throw Rabb, Dede and Martin in there. Maybe one will step up over the course of a season when given some development time. 

As a Grizz fan that is my hope, but who knows what will actually occur.

King Dork    0
6 hours ago, grizz1016 said:

Golden State and San Antonio are head and shoulders ahead of us. OKC just ran past us. Houston was already past us and got better. The Clippers have Blake Deandre Jordan, Lou Williams, Pat Beverly and Galinari with Austin Rivers as a young up and coming player, Portland is on the upswing getting better, Denver just got much better adding Paul Milsapp, and the timberwolves just added veteran leadership and allstar talent to KAT and Andrew Wiggins. Meanwhile we got worse. We are 9 right now looking up at best. 

Dwash    0
5 minutes ago, King Dork said:

Golden State and San Antonio are head and shoulders ahead of us. OKC just ran past us. Houston was already past us and got better. The Clippers have Blake Deandre Jordan, Lou Williams, Pat Beverly and Galinari with Austin Rivers as a young up and coming player, Portland is on the upswing getting better, Denver just got much better adding Paul Milsapp, and the timberwolves just added veteran leadership and allstar talent to KAT and Andrew Wiggins. Meanwhile we got worse. We are 9 right now looking up at best. 

Denver is PF heavy right now. Im not sure if they made a great move counting on Chandler to stay healthy. But if Murray breaks out they are golden.

King Dork    0
5 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Denver is PF heavy right now. Im not sure if they made a great move counting on Chandler to stay healthy. But if Murray breaks out they are golden.

Jamal Murray, Will Barton and Gary Harris on the wing with an emerging Jokic and now Milsap along side him. They're good point guard play away from the 5 or 6 seed. 

Jetfixer    0

I'm not saying anyone is wrong , but I do hear this every year at this time.

Thomas    0
1 hour ago, SC Grizz said:

Perhaps we are countering the "consistently (getting) spanked by younger teams" problem by having younger (hopefully hungrier) dudes out there for when Marc is having a pout day. Let Marc ride the pine and throw Rabb, Dede and Martin in there. Maybe one will step up over the course of a season when given some development time. 

As a Grizz fan that is my hope, but who knows what will actually occur.

Perhaps. But if that's the case, then we're putting all our eggs in Chris Wallace's draft basket. And that basket is filled with exclusively rotten eggs.

I'm not trying to be overly negative because I get it - we owe a 2019 1st rounder so tanking this early isn't necessarily the ideal route. But as things stand, we haven't gone out and creatively acquired another big talent to put alongside Mike/Marc/Parsons, yet we've also let go of Zbo, probably Tony and Vince, and perhaps JaM. So we're capped out and we're still letting people walk. What the hell are we doing at this point? Expecting Chris Wallace bust types like and Jarell Martin and Wade Baldwin to replace veterans like Zach Randolph and Tony Allen seamlessly? I don't see that ending well.

grizz1016    0
41 minutes ago, King Dork said:

Jamal Murray, Will Barton and Gary Harris on the wing with an emerging Jokic and now Milsap along side him. They're good point guard play away from the 5 or 6 seed. 

They are trying to get rid of Barton cuz of Milsap's contract

grizz1016    0
56 minutes ago, King Dork said:

Blazers are the same as last year 

Clippers won't make the POs without Paul. They lost a ton in Paul, Reddick and Crawford. Lou might be a replacement for Crawford but Beverley and Gallo aren't enough.

Not sure how Denver got much better. They are gonna lose Barton and are PF heavy. They already lost Gallo. Getting Milsap is a wash IMO

Timberwolves is the team that's going to make the PO leap this year.

grizz1016    0
4 hours ago, Thomas said:

And still made the POs with games to spare, even in the injury riddled 2015-2016 season.

We are giving way too much credit to the bottom tier PO teams in the West. Too many flawed teams and hence our chances are not as dire as some think.

Thomas    0
13 minutes ago, grizz1016 said:

And still made the POs with games to spare, even in the injury riddled 2015-2016 season.

We are giving way too much credit to the bottom tier PO teams in the West. Too many flawed teams and hence our chances are not as dire as some think.

We limped into the playoffs last year. Granted, Parsons was a non-factor but he's going to have to prove he's not damaged goods this year for us to squeak in without Randolph and perhaps Allen/Green.

Even so, if we do make it to the postseason, the odds of us making any noise are mathematically insignificant. We'll be going up against Golden State, San Antonio, Houston, or Oklahoma City - pick your poison.

grizz1016    0
1 minute ago, Thomas said:

We limped into the playoffs last year. Granted, Parsons was a non-factor but he's going to have to prove he's not damaged goods this year for us to squeak in without Randolph and perhaps Allen/Green.

Even so, if we do make it to the postseason, the odds of us making any noise are mathematically insignificant. We'll be going up against Golden State, San Antonio, Houston, or Oklahoma City - pick your poison.

Well that's a diff argument then. No one's gonna beat the Warriors in the POs in the West. But this doom and gloom scenario where we won't make the POs is a bit far fetched.

lsugrizzfan    0
11 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

They couldn't beat Golden State before losing Hayward. They definitely suffered a set back. But they are in a different place than we are (I'm making the assumption that is why you are asking), most of their core players are still young.

Gobert 25, Favors 25, Hood 24, Rubio 26, Burks 25- I would assume that is probably their starting lineup. They definitely need to add to it, but far from blow it up territory given their youth.

Our most important players are Conley 29 and Gasol 32. Huge difference. Because by the time any of our young players are ready to be big time contributors, Conley and Gasol will no longer be in their prime. To me that is the difference.

Thomas    0
1 minute ago, grizz1016 said:

Well that's a diff argument then. No one's gonna beat the Warriors in the POs in the West. But this doom and gloom scenario where we won't make the POs is a bit far fetched.

1) Happy 1,000th post!

2) I think we're at a philosophical standstill at this point. I conceded that I'll wait until free agency has sorted itself out until I assert my upcoming season's conviction. But the direction everything seems to be going doesn't have me overly enthusiastic about making the POs this year. It all falls on Parsons as it stands. So we shall see.

2 minutes ago, lsugrizzfan said:

They couldn't beat Golden State before losing Hayward. They definitely suffered a set back. But they are in a different place than we are (I'm making the assumption that is why you are asking), most of their core players are still young.

Gobert 25, Favors 25, Hood 24, Rubio 26, Burks 25- I would assume that is probably their starting lineup. They definitely need to add to it, but far from blow it up territory given their youth.

Our most important players are Conley 29 and Gasol 32. Huge difference. Because by the time any of our young players are ready to be big time contributors, Conley and Gasol will no longer be in their prime. To me that is the difference.

Favors was demoted from the starting lineup because he couldn't defend anybody, Burks has been a bust from the time he has been in the league, Rubio can't shoot and has been in the league 6 years already. Gobert remains their best player, and hood is emerging, the rest is filler.

And they can't beat gs, and will likely be an 8th seed in the playoffs, so no good draft picks anymore. Time to blow it up.

Memfizz    0
1 hour ago, Jetfixer said:

I'm not saying anyone is wrong , but I do hear this every year at this time.

And then we come out the gates firing as a top 3 seed for the first few months then fall off the rails completely and end up fighting for a bottom 3 seed.

I just feel like last season was a nail. We were so good once again, and looked like we could beat the best of the best in the playoffs again, and fell just short again.  That gets exhausting after a while and our supposed to be best player isn't the type to overcome adversity

51 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Favors was demoted from the starting lineup because he couldn't defend anybody, Burks has been a bust from the time he has been in the league, Rubio can't shoot and has been in the league 6 years already. Gobert remains their best player, and hood is emerging, the rest is filler.

And they can't beat gs, and will likely be an 8th seed in the playoffs, so no good draft picks anymore. Time to blow it up.

Depends how good Donovan Mitchell turns out to be. Exum producing is also unlikely but we'll see.