Memfizz

Kings sign Zbo - 2 yrs/24 mil

Memfizz    0

Figured this deserved its own discussion.

What do y'all think?

I'm pretty surprised he went with Kings and actually kind of a sad way to go... Was hoping to see him at least on the Cavs heading to the finals and what not. Kings aren't doing anything.

Seems like money and starting were most important to him? Don't want to look too far into this, but he goes back to Joerger? Did he really not like Fizdale that bad just because he held him accountable or didn't start him?  I hate to think that, but always did get that vibe he hated the bench despite it doing well for the team at the time.

I don't think we can win without Zbo either. He's sort of that X factor that no other team had or could plan for.  A part of me actually just died inside, he's my favorite Grizzly by far and part of our identity. Granted I didn't like his attitude last year with the 'ppl tell me all the time I should be starting' he was still one of the most exciting parts of our wins... Him dunking was tons of fun. One of the only players you knew would go all out in playoffs as well.  I'm kind of nervous, I wanted Zbo reduced role, but not off the team.

Thoughts?

Memfizz    0

Also worried about Marc.  Is this going to be good or bad for him?  It might force him to step up edge wise, but it also might make him pout more.

When we hit rough patches, a lot of the time Zbo would bail us out and make something happen inside..  really conflicted 

The REF    0

I think Memphis should have resigned him especially for those numbers,.... short contract, 2 years and 24 million??? Smh!!

He will probably start in Sacramento too.

Ejpj23    0

Gonna miss Zbo. I think he will get atleast 30 mins per game and avg 20 & 10 again in sac

The REF    0

In the meantime.... Memphis has signed 

= Trash to a 3 year, $40 million dollar deal

cdp    0

Welp. This hurts man. Especially considerin where and how much he went for. They could've kept him for that, they should've. Yet another west team gets better while we continue to get worse. Say bye bye to the playoffs.

It's also big that Zbo signed before Jam. Because now some team might come along n make an overpaid offer to Jam, possibly forcin' us to match cuz we have limited options.

Jetfixer    0
10 minutes ago, cdp said:

Welp. This hurts man. Especially considerin where and how much he went for. They could've kept him for that, they should've. Yet another west team gets better while we continue to get worse. Say bye bye to the playoffs.

It's also big that Zbo signed before Jam. Because now some team might come along n make an overpaid offer to Jam, possibly forcin' us to match cuz we have limited options.

I don't think we pay 2+ million more than last year, other points good.

grizzgolf    0

I don't like it. I don't like it at all. 

But the other side of me...... This team wasn't going to do anything other than be a 1st or 2nd round exit. We need to do something. 

BnaBreaker    0

This really sucks, and just reaffirms how much I HATE the Kings front office.  They have NO @#)($*@#ING IDEA WHAT THEY'RE DOING, and this just proves it even more.  What the hell does a rebuilding team need with a 35 year old??  I was hoping that if Zbo left he'd at least be in a situation where his odds of getting that championship ring increased... but we are losing one of our foundational pieces; A much loved pillar of the community, basically because the Kings have no idea what they're doing and just stumbled into this.  

ZBo and George Hill are brought in to help change a culture of losing in Sacramento.

And given what other FA's are getting, that's not an outrageous salary.

some1nw    0

good luck to Zbo. I kinda wish he played for a competitive team, but thats his choice at the end of the day and I respect it. 

Thomas    0

I feel bad that he's going to the clown show that is Sacramento but that contract is niiiice. And who knows maybe Dave can right that ship over there eventually.

1 hour ago, BnaBreaker said:

This really sucks, and just reaffirms how much I HATE the Kings front office.  They have NO @#)($*@#ING IDEA WHAT THEY'RE DOING, and this just proves it even more.  What the hell does a rebuilding team need with a 35 year old??  I was hoping that if Zbo left he'd at least be in a situation where his odds of getting that championship ring increased... but we are losing one of our foundational pieces; A much loved pillar of the community, basically because the Kings have no idea what they're doing and just stumbled into this.  

You're blaming the Kings for this?

BnaBreaker    0
4 minutes ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

You're blaming the Kings for this?

Obviously there is blame to go around... Zbo did what he felt was best for him... the Grizzlies could have offered him more money etc... but bottom line is that the Kings have no need at all for a player like Zbo... if anything it just makes their own pick worse.  They're a terrible, terrible organization.  

The unfortunate truth is, the Grizzlies gave no indication they would be offering a deal of this amount. I do not blame Z-bo at all for doing this.  He's got to take care of his own.  I would have much preferred him to be a Grizzly until he called it a day, but this was clearly a good offer for him at this point.

I guess if you're not going to a contender, go where you know you can tell the coach what you are going to do.  That, and get paid.

I can't imagine anyone here would have anything but well wishes for him.  Z-bo contributed mightily to our franchise becoming what it became.  He will always be a Grizzly in his heart, and in the fans', and I still believe he will be a Memphis ambassador when it's all over.  It's going to be very difficult to see him suit up for someone else for the next two years.

2 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

Obviously there is blame to go around... Zbo did what he felt was best for him... the Grizzlies could have offered him more money etc... but bottom line is that the Kings have no need at all for a player like Zbo... if anything it just makes their own pick worse.  They're a terrible, terrible organization.  

Uhh ok, so instead of blaming the Grizz for not ponying up to keep him or even blaming Z-Bo for going after the money rather than taking less to stay here or even go after a championship, you are blaming the kings? They need a PF and also, George Hill signed with them as well. They may be better than us next year.

Anyway, no big deal, just found it a strange comment. A lot of people had a lot of choices to make and to blame the Kings makes no sense to me.

some1nw    0
6 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

they just need him for his veteran leadership, like george hill. THey can still play at a high level. Who should they have spent their money on? THeyre clearly building a culture around their young guys. I think its a great deal for the Kings. Two short term contracts.