Here's another KBM analysis:

The board wanted zbo to go to Cleveland so that they could say: see, even zbo knows the grizzlies aren't a championship team.

I knew that wouldn't happen.

Sorry, board: better luck next time, with your constant grizzlies bashing.

Screw the Kings.  Those clowns have no idea what they're doing over there, and basically screwed Memphis over as a result.  

That being said, as much as I had hoped that Zbo would go to a winning situation if he wound up leaving, I am happy that he gets paid and is going somewhere where he'll get to play.  

Thank you ZBO for everything you've done for the Grizzlies franchise and for the city of Memphis as a whole.  We love you and You'll always have a home in Memphis.

R.I.P. to the grit and grind era of Memphis basketball... it was a hell of a lot of fun while it lasted y'all... 

10 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

Screw the Kings.  Those clowns have no idea what they're doing over there, and basically screwed Memphis over as a result.  

That being said, as much as I had hoped that Zbo would go to a winning situation if he wound up leaving, I am happy that he gets paid and is going somewhere where he'll get to play.  

Thank you ZBO for everything you've done for the Grizzlies franchise and for the city of Memphis as a whole.  We love you and You'll always have a home in Memphis.

R.I.P. to the grit and grind era of Memphis basketball... it was a hell of a lot of fun while it lasted y'all... 

Zbo was already at a winning situation. Any rational person knew he'd be leaving for the money.

1 minute ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Any rational person new he'd be leaving for the money.

Totally explains why you thought otherwise. :D

5 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Here's another KBM analysis:

The board wanted zbo to go to Cleveland so that they could say: see, even zbo knows the grizzlies aren't a championship team.

I knew that wouldn't happen.

Sorry, board: better luck next time, with your constant grizzlies bashing.

No, most the board had said IF he left, they hoped it was for a best chance at a ring.. It has nothing to do with Memphis, and more so the Cavs are in the East and have been to the finals back to back years.

It's really sad he's going to the Kings honestly

Good luck ZBo!  You were awesome here.  Glad you got a good contract.

Good luck to Z-Bo. This is looking more and more like a lottery team next year. Hold up, do we even have our pick next year?

Zbo will retire a Grizzly and probably work for the organization in his retirement. 

It's sad, but it was time to move on from him as a player. The person will be back soon.

this is a SAD day for the city of memphis

Really hate to see it but good luck and nothing but respect for the face of the franchise, even from the bench.  The loss of zbo will hurt the grizz more than they know. 

I kind of wish he had gone to a title contender but whatever.

Pressure is on the big contract 3 for the grizz now heading into next year.   Their security blanket has ripped away.

1 hour ago, lions said:

this is a SAD day for the city of memphis

But an exciting day for the miserables, they finally broke up grit and grind. Though the seeds of that were planted when Levien traded Rudy for junk. 

3 hours ago, srmjr23 said:

ZBo + George Hill on par with Mike/Marc .... yea, ok.

I'm gonna assume you skipped past the part where I said "in his mind" 

4 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Plus in his mind - Zbo + George Hill is on same par with mike+Marc and their rookies are better than hours #facts

why take a pay cut to ride bench on a team that's not considerably better than the one willing to start and pay you?  For a coach you already know favors vets?  It's a no-brainer for him. 

My point was that zbo probably doesn't think Mem situation is that much better than the Kings.   

4 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I'm gonna assume you skipped past the part where I said "in his mind" 

My point was that zbo probably doesn't think Mem situation is that much better than the Kings.   

My guess is that he thinks it's 25 million dollars better. But that's me. Only miserables believe that they can read zbo's mind and think this, to him, was about joining a better team.

Just like I said, the board is heartbroken that zbo didn't "chase a ring," so that they could use his decision as evidence that even he thought the grizzlies had no chance at a championship, that surprise: it's all about the money. 

I don't see anyone saying that I don't know what you're ranting on about.

I was a believer as much as anybody in Memphis ability to pull upsets if things align, but losing Zbo loses our slow down game a lot.. The one X factor against GSW.  We simply have no chance against GSW now unless Marc shows up to his full potential.. But Marc doesn't do that ever .. So IF Zbo were to leave, we'd want him to chase a ring which means out East with or against the Cavs.  

The Beast of Beale departs....

The biggest baddest bear of them all!

Au revoir partner best of luck and wishes and Godspeed you back to Memphis one day soon.

Thanks for all the joy, blood, sweat, and tears you brought.

And thanks for the hits on Flake Griffin!

ZBo was the reason I started following Memphis. He'll always be my favorite NBA player ever, and he'll go down as the greatest and most important player in Grizzlies history. The way he consistently stepped up in the big moments is unparalleled. 

Zach Randolph currently sits as the best Grizzly of all time. He presided over the best era of basketball this franchise has ever seen. We almost got there... The era has truly now has come to an end. I enjoyed the hell out of it!

I hope he does well in Sac and proves his naysayers wrong once again.

I can't help but feel cheated that I never got to see this lineup; Conley, Allen, Parsons, RANDOLPH, Gasol. I think that lineup could've done something really special. Definitely would have beat the Spurs. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Thanks for the awesome memories Big Z and good luck in Sacramento. As many have said this is the end of an era for the Grizzlies.

"Show out Zbo!"

It is the end of Grit n Grind. Thanks for putting professional basketball on the map in the Bluff City Zach. Thanks for all the memories. You will likely remain the best thing Chris Wallace ever does in Memphis. 

Thanks Zbo, but thats not the type of situation I wanted for him, he sure deserve a shot at a ring.

In his prime was the best player we ever had. He won a series for us, and looked unstoppable against the Spurs; I just wish we won OKC series.

Zbo is the reason i started watching and playing basketball. Without zbo i would never of found this great sport and this great team zbo means so much to me and this team. its hard to imagine him not being in a grizz uniform next season its abit crushing tbh. the team is changing and im excited to see where it goes but will always miss zbo #gritngrind