cdp

McLemore it is

Thomas    0
Just now, MemphisX said:

3 years would have been better for bird rights

Was thinking the same.

9 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

3 years would have been better for bird rights

Who is it on the board that has been obsessed with McLemore? Was it you or BHZ or somebody. Can't remember

Anyway, no surprise. This is the type of player I would suspect that we would get. Hopefully, we'll bring back TA as well because I don't have confidence in McLemore's effort being there on a consistent basis and I question his BBall IQ but he is the most athletic player on the team now and will have a chance to score. He's very inconsistent on both ends but at this price, this is the type of player you get. He won't put us over the top but at least it gives us some depth. 

Allen    0

We're stockpiled with mediocre wings but there isnt really much the FO can do this  offseason. Their just trying to stay afloat until 2020 when we will have more cap space and our picks back

Allen    0

And who's making the Tony Allen appreciation thread?

2 minutes ago, Allen said:

And who's making the Tony Allen appreciation thread?

Sad part about it is that TA is probably still better at doing what he does to help this team than anything that McLemore, Harrison or Baldwin will do to help this team. 

There really weren't many unrestricted FA SG available period, let alone ones in our price range. TA was probably the best option for us at SG. 

Grizzhype    0
7 minutes ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

Who is it on the board that has been obsessed with McLemore? Was it you or BHZ or somebody. Can't remember

Anyway, no surprise. This is the type of player I would suspect that we would get. Hopefully, we'll bring back TA as well because I don't have confidence in McLemore's effort being there on a consistent basis and I question his BBall IQ but he is the most athletic player on the team now and will have a chance to score. He's very inconsistent on both ends but at this price, this is the type of player you get. He won't put us over the top but at least it gives us some depth. 

McLemore brings a needed skill:  Shooting!!  As much as i like TA it doesn't make sense to have a shooting guard that can't shoot.. Memphis ranked 29th in scoring last year just ahead of Dallas avg 100.5ppg.  McLemore was a 38%pct 3 pt shooter last year and he's athletic.  Pace and space...

Seems like a troy daniels move, and 5 million a year is a little rich for my blood. Brandan Wrigght, Troy Daniels and now this guy. All similar players, all meh signings.

3 minutes ago, Grizzhype said:

McLemore brings a needed skill:  Shooting!!  As much as i like TA it doesn't make sense to have a shooting guard that can't shoot.. Memphis ranked 29th in scoring last year just ahead of Dallas avg 100.5ppg.  McLemore was a 38%pct 3 pt shooter last year and he's athletic.  Pace and space...

McLemore shot a good % from 3 last year but that's because he took fewer threes per game than he usually does which tells me he was more selective and doing spot up shooting. Great, he figured out when to shoot the three, thus being more efficient. That equates to 1.1 made 3 pointers per game. He shoots 41% from the field overall which tells me he takes more than a few bad shots throughout the course of a game. I don't think his minutes have dwindled just because the coaches don't like him. He's an inefficient volume scorer who has never avg more than 12 ppg in the NBA which tells me he needs to be much better. Heck, at least avg 15 ppg doing that, but he has only had one season where he avg double digits. He doesn't pass and takes off on d. His PER is in single digits. How many starters in the NBA have a single digit PER? Just because he shoots a good % from three doesn't mean much. 

The Grizz need scoring and they will get him the ball. I suspect his scoring avg will go up but I also suspect he will shoot us out of games, be out of control and just check out of games as he has done his first 4 years in the NBA.

I hope we got a steal, but I think we got what we got. He's inconsistent on both the offensive and defensive ends. 

Grizzhype    0
1 minute ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

McLemore shot a good % from 3 last year but that's because he took fewer threes per game than he usually does which tells me he was more selective and doing spot up shooting. Great, he figured out when to shoot the three, thus being more efficient. That equates to 1.1 made 3 pointers per game. He shoots 41% from the field overall which tells me he takes more than a few bad shots throughout the course of a game. I don't think his minutes have dwindled just because the coaches don't like him. He's an inefficient volume scorer who has never avg more than 12 ppg in the NBA which tells me he needs to be much better. Heck, at least avg 15 ppg doing that, but he has only had one season where he avg double digits. He doesn't pass and takes off on d. His PER is in single digits. How many starters in the NBA have a single digit PER? Just because he shoots a good % from three doesn't mean much. 

The Grizz need scoring and they will get him the ball. I suspect his scoring avg will go up but I also suspect he will shoot us out of games, be out of control and just check out of games as he has done his first 4 years in the NBA.

I hope we got a steal, but I think we got what we got. He's inconsistent on both the offensive and defensive ends. 

Hell be on a playoff team with veterans and a Good coach, the change of scenery should help..

grizz1016    0
19 minutes ago, Grizzhype said:

Dude is turrible

He took one trey a game...whoop tee doo

Sub par shooter overall, terrible defender and takes plays off. We'll regret losing TA

5 minutes ago, Grizzhype said:

Hell be on a playoff team with veterans and a Good coach, the change of scenery should help..

I guess so. I'm not sure how many vets will be on the team other than Conley, Parsons,  Gasol and Wright. We have a lot of young players and guys with the same or less NBA experience than Mclemore on our roster at the moment. There's no TA, ZBo or VC on the roster. McLemore will be a vet on this team.

7 minutes ago, VikingWarrior said:

Seems like good value to me. We will have to do something to "clean up" roster a bit

I actually don't have a problem with the signing. I thought this was the type of player we would get with what we have to offer. No surprise, I'm fine with it. I would hope we bring back TA though cause he's still the best option out of all of those guys even at 35. 

Grizzhype    0
8 minutes ago, grizz1016 said:

Dude is turrible

He took one trey a game...whoop tee doo

Sub par shooter overall, terrible defender and takes plays off. We'll regret losing TA

Lol, yeah whatever...  This guy came into the league as a shooter..  He'll have a defined role and be developed by Fizz and play with Conley and Gasol..  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MOXZIIrwKs

Look, I'm not necessarily bashing the signing. I just don't see what it gets us over resigning TA. Sure he's younger but he really hasn't improved in 4 years and has a ton of deficiencies in his game. At this price point, this is what we get, so I'm fine with it. 

I will say this, sometimes a change of scenery helps. He's from St. Louis so he's much closer to his family and friends (which could be good and bad). His family and friends can now make it to games on a regular basis and give him support. He will be in an offense that needs him to score. He's playing with the best PG he has played with in his career as far as someone looking to set him up to be a scorer. He will have a fellow Jayhawk on the team in Selden so a natural buddy. He also should be in a much more stable organization so there are reasons to have hope that this could be a steal.