cdp

McLemore it is

Iron Mike    0
6 hours ago, Memfizz said:

Kind of beyond sick of these typical mediocre wing singings every **** year multiple times a year.  This has PJ Hairston, Quincy Pondexter, Matt Barnes written all over it once he gets fully comfortable in Memphis.

Okay that's shooting pretty low, and I have more faith in Fiz than Joerger, but still, these signings never do anything to move the needle.

Those guys you mentioned didn't have the athletic gene on em. 

He has the tools to be good. He just needs to get it together and I hope he does it this season with us.

It's B-Mac or bust.

Father Pat    0

I have to admit that when the news first hit I didn't think McLemore would do much for the team. After giving him a better look he addresses some of the biggest offensive problems the Grizzlies had last year; high percentage 2's and 3 point %. The third problem, IMO, was too many long 2's. ZBo was the teams worst offender, taking the highest percentage of his total shots from long 2 range, followed by Marc. They both hit them below league average, ZBo far below.

I believe that if McLemore can play some decent defense and cut down on his long 2's, he could easily become what was expected of him when he was drafted. He now has the opportunity, especially in Fizz's system, to turn some heads. I honestly believe that the McLemore signing just might prove to be the steal of free agency. He already makes a high percentage of his shots at the rim and is an above average 3pt shooter. I have my fingers crossed about his D, but this could be a great signing.

This signing is kinda meh for me. McLemore has never not been a bad player, but whaterya gunna do w/ just 5mil to spend? He does have some decent talent, though. Sac has been a disfunctional franchise since before he was drafted, and the Grizz are a winning team with winning vets and a winning culture. Maybe this will force a change in him. Maybe. We shall see...

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

He just isnt very skilled. Playmaking is the need.

you aren't gettin a playmaking Sg that can actually shoot for 5mm.  That's why our last move after resigning JaMyke should be getting a vet PG and Ty Lawson seems like easiest nab. 

that will give us 3 playmakers on perimeter ( mike parsons and Ty) which seems to be the minimum needed for a playoff team in the west. 

Ben added to starting lineup finally gives us a 5 man unit that all have to be respected from deep.  I'm cool with this move.

SC Grizz    0

No complaints about this signing. Low risk and somewhat high reward potential.

5 hours ago, Father Pat said:

I have to admit that when the news first hit I didn't think McLemore would do much for the team. After giving him a better look he addresses some of the biggest offensive problems the Grizzlies had last year; high percentage 2's and 3 point %. The third problem, IMO, was too many long 2's. ZBo was the teams worst offender, taking the highest percentage of his total shots from long 2 range, followed by Marc. They both hit them below league average, ZBo far below.

I believe that if McLemore can play some decent defense and cut down on his long 2's, he could easily become what was expected of him when he was drafted. He now has the opportunity, especially in Fizz's system, to turn some heads. I honestly believe that the McLemore signing just might prove to be the steal of free agency. He already makes a high percentage of his shots at the rim and is an above average 3pt shooter. I have my fingers crossed about his D, but this could be a great signing.

Ssssshhhh.

Just quietly Father Pat, my sentiments exactly but I have said enough since CLee was an expiring, so I have no more hype to say and will watch with fingers crossed

1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

you aren't gettin a playmaking Sg that can actually shoot for 5mm.  That's why our last move after resigning JaMyke should be getting a vet PG and Ty Lawson seems like easiest nab. 

that will give us 3 playmakers on perimeter ( mike parsons and Ty) which seems to be the minimum needed for a playoff team in the west. 

Ben added to starting lineup finally gives us a 5 man unit that all have to be respected from deep.  I'm cool with this move.

IDK Brother,

I'm kind of good with Harrison, he was reasonable by the end of the season, was quite good in the POs, if we were to go after someone like Lawson, what does that say about our pick for Baldwin?

If we keep JaM, I think we need to still look for another C

Dwash    0
3 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Playmaking? Heck no he is terrible. Catch and shoot thats about it consistently.

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

Playmaking? Heck no he is terrible. Catch and shoot thats about it consistently.

He said you AREN'T getting a playmaker

6 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

IDK Brother,

I'm kind of good with Harrison, he was reasonable by the end of the season, was quite good in the POs, if we were to go after someone like Lawson, what does that say about our pick for Baldwin?

If we keep JaM, I think we need to still look for another C

We have so many young guys that it's pretty much expected that one or two will be casualties if we want to be a playoff team this season. 

However it is still yet to be determined if Wade isn't better off as a combo than a pure point.  His size allows him to play beside a true PG regardless.  

if we keep JaM and don't resign zbo then we need to keep Martin and let Davis be Marc's backup.  

Dwash    0
1 hour ago, grizzgolf said:

Have we said what our plan with JaM is yet? Has it leaked?

Just a hunch but Im thinking they plan to sign him just as long as they stay 2 or 3 million under luxury tax.

He kinda band aids Parsons by letting him defend the weaker forward each night.

fanboyslim    0
1 hour ago, grizzgolf said:

Have we said what our plan with JaM is yet? Has it leaked?

Nothing will happen until he gets an offer sheet. I would assume the FO is signaling our intention to match offers even if we don't intend to, simply to discourage possible suitors.

The_PROOF    0

I don't see any reason why McLemore wouldn't flourish in Memphis. He clearly didn't blow anyone away in SAC, but I think people are really overlooking the situation he was placed in.

- Kings drafted him 7th overall in 2013.

- Kings drafted ANOTHER SG 8th overall in 2014 (Nik Stauskas).

- Kings signed ANOTHER SG in summer of 2015 (Marco Belinelli).

- Kings drafted ANOTHER SG in 2016, the signed/acquired THREE SGs that same summer (Malachi Richardson, Bogdan Bogdanovic, Garrett Temple and Aaron Afflalo).

- Kings acquire ANOTHER SG during 2017 season (Buddy Hield).

Let's face it, the Kings drafted him then proceeded to find an upgrade every year since they got him. Believe it or not, those type of things can impact player development.

cdp    0

I've been sleepin on this signin n im still not a fan. The problem is we have Harrison, Daniels, Selden n maybe even Baldwin all vyin for minutes to develop at the 2 n now they bring in another young player that needs the minutes too, who may very well be pencilled in as the starter already. Ya'll think Tony Allen has a problem playin in a reduced role? I dont think our young guys r gonna like the newbie comin in takin their minutes too much either.

Memfizz    0

More I think about it, Mclemore won't carry us to victory, but he will flourish under Fiz.

Fiz gets the best out of guards it seems. 

grizzgolf    0
1 hour ago, cdp said:

I've been sleepin on this signin n im still not a fan. The problem is we have Harrison, Daniels, Selden n maybe even Baldwin all vyin for minutes to develop at the 2 n now they bring in another young player that needs the minutes too, who may very well be pencilled in as the starter already. Ya'll think Tony Allen has a problem playin in a reduced role? I dont think our young guys r gonna like the newbie comin in takin their minutes too much either.

I see Daniels being moved at some point and us throwing in the towel on Baldwin at some point. 

GF#1    0
15 minutes ago, grizzgolf said:

I see Daniels being moved at some point and us throwing in the towel on Baldwin at some point. 

It would be utterly foolish to give up on Baldwin this soon.

I realize Daniels is not always consistent and is not great defensively, but he still is one of the few players on the team who can put points on the board in a hurry.  You guys are all ready to ditch him so soon?

With some luck, BenMac could be a good get.  I hope Fizz can develop him.  Welcome.

1 hour ago, GF#1 said:

It would be utterly foolish to give up on Baldwin this soon.

You mean like we gave up on Troy Bell? He really showed us.

3 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

i had hopes fore baldwin...but i have been hearing bad things about him...alot of ppl say he is arrogant to the point of not being a guy you want to be around.

The_PROOF    0
53 minutes ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

i had hopes fore baldwin...but i have been hearing bad things about him...alot of ppl say he is arrogant to the point of not being a guy you want to be around.

He is arrogant AF. And hasn't played nearly well enough to back it up.