fanboyslim

2017-18 team salary

4 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

Just a note to mention that Mario Chalmers' contract is only $25k guaranteed until 10/17, at which point he becomes fully guaranteed.

So, since that is the projected start of the regular season, that would mean he made the roster. Got no problem with that if it happens.

14 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

Quick note before I get a chance to update the salary table: we have now almost $16M of space under the tax line.

With Mirotic signing his absurd 2 year/27m contract, I hope that's not an indicator we're going to have to use most of that on Jam. Also, I think we get a trade exception for the TD trade. Does that mean that we can take back salary in a trade that would make us go over the cap by whatever amount the exception is for?

1 hour ago, srmjr23 said:

With Mirotic signing his absurd 2 year/27m contract, I hope that's not an indicator we're going to have to use most of that on Jam. Also, I think we get a trade exception for the TD trade. Does that mean that we can take back salary in a trade that would make us go over the cap by whatever amount the exception is for?

Just because Mirotic got that much, doesn't mean JaMychal will.  Completely differently players, plus JaMychal hasn't produced nearly as much as Mirotic has in 3 seasons in CHI.

I'm more confused that CHI would be him back with the young movement they seem to be pursuing.

9 hours ago, srmjr23 said:

No. It simple means we can take that much back in a trade to make it work under the CBA. It has nothing to do with the luxury tax threshold. 

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

No. It simple means we can take that much back in a trade to make it work under the CBA. It has nothing to do with the luxury tax threshold. 

Correct, the trade exception cannot be added to other players in order to bring in a bigger contract. We can trade for one or more players whose salaries fit under TD's contract, that's all. Most likely we'll just let the exception lapse and save the cap space, since we won't have any available roster spots.

eKLWxhE.jpg

Updated table with JaM's salary. Since it hasn't been published anywhere I based the starting salary on a total contract value of $17M (including likely incentives) and a maximum annual raise of 8%. I didn't include the two way contracts since they don't count towards the salary cap.

We sit comfortably below the tax line, and the room may get bigger if we cut Chalmers or Harrison. 

From Herrington's article in the Commercial Appeal:

"As for Green’s contract: The two years, $17 million (a small portion dependent on incentives, frontloaded in response to the team’s breathing room below the tax line) "

Curious about the frontloaded part.

10 minutes ago, Elillo said:

From Herrington's article in the Commercial Appeal:

"As for Green’s contract: The two years, $17 million (a small portion dependent on incentives, frontloaded in response to the team’s breathing room below the tax line) "

Curious about the frontloaded part.

Yeah, it's not like a million is going to make a lot of difference between this season and the next.