Grizzled Vet

Grizzlies opponents - 2017 Free agents and trades

rosco    0

The Grizzlies FO is too conservative however they lack assets because of poor drafting! Robert Pera need to demote his entire FO and sign Dan Gilbert to lead the organization into the future. Every team in our Division got better!

Wondering if Nene's deal is similar to what Zach is expecting.

I would think Zach could want 3 years, and twice what Nene got per year, but that seems low.

Patty Mills got 50 Million from the spurs, a perennial role player, and they could have had Chris Paul, but didn't want him.

Sometimes it is better just to keep the players you have. The spurs do it every year. 50 million for patty mills is a hell of a lot of money.

8 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Patty Mills got 50 Million from the spurs, a perennial role player, and they could have had Chris Paul, but didn't want him.

Sometimes it is better just to keep the players you have. The spurs do it every year. 50 million for patty mills is a hell of a lot of money.

Uhh the Spurs have way better players than we do. We NEED more talent. 

2 minutes ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

Uhh the Spurs have way better players than we do. We NEED more talent. 

The grizzlies without our 94 million dollar free agent and tony Allen, gave the spurs all they wanted in that series.

But beyond that, regardless of which team you believe has the better talent, the fact remains that the spurs strategy is better and they prove it year in and year out. Talent has nothing to do with it.

6 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

The grizzlies without our 94 million dollar free agent and tony Allen, gave the spurs all they wanted in that series.

But beyond that, regardless of which team you believe has the better talent, the fact remains that the spurs strategy is better and they prove it year in and year out. Talent has nothing to do with it.

3 out of the 4 losses were by double digits. I'm not going to go back and forth with you over who has the better team. it's quite obvious. I do think we would have put up more of a fight if TA was healthy.

Who do you think the starting lineup will be for the Grizz next year and do you think we make the playoffs?

8 minutes ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

3 out of the 4 losses were by double digits. I'm not going to go back and forth with you over who has the better team. it's quite obvious. I do think we would have put up more of a fight if TA was healthy.

Who do you think the starting lineup will be for the Grizz next year and do you think we make the playoffs?

Saying they have a better team is quite different than saying they have way better players.

Also if you don't believe a healthy parson would have made a huge difference you are just trolling and I got no time for that.

Yes we will make the playoffs comfortably. 

4 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Saying they have a better team is quite different than saying they have way better players.

Also if you don't believe a healthy parson would have made a huge difference you are just trolling and I got no time for that.

Yes we will make the playoffs comfortably. 

You didn't answer my question and when is the last time anyone saw a health Chandler Parsons on the court? I was actually fine with the deal but he hasn't been healthy in 3 years.

Also, the Spurs have better players AND the better team. Who do we have on the team even close to Leonard? I would put Marc and LA on the same level, LA had a bad season and still put up good numbers. I have no idea what Chandler Parsons bring post injury. Pau is better than JaM. The only advantage we have is Conley because Parker has so many miles on him. If he's our best player and Leonard is their best player, you make the call.Johnathan Simmons has shown more flashes the most of our bench guys as well.

6 minutes ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

You didn't answer my question and when is the last time anyone saw a health Chandler Parsons on the court? I was actually fine with the deal but he hasn't been healthy in 3 years.

I really don't know who starts at shooting guard, but I suspect:

Mike,  Marc, Chandler, Jam.

Father Pat    0

Andre Iguodala has canceled the remainder of his free agency meetings after meeting with the Rockets.

rosco    0
39 minutes ago, Father Pat said:

Andre Iguodala has canceled the remainder of his free agency meetings after meeting with the Rockets.

The Grizzlies should offer JaMichael Green $40 million for 4 yrs and if he decline move on and offer Zebo $15 million for 2 yrs and if he decline move on. The FO must have a VISION!

Jetfixer    0
7 minutes ago, rosco said:

The Grizzlies should offer JaMichael Green $40 million for 4 yrs and if he decline move on and offer Zebo $15 million for 2 yrs and if he decline move on. The FO must have a VISION!

Id be okay with those two, but we still have the same team as last year. We need a #2 and a healthy Parsons if that is realistic, which I doubt.

BnaBreaker    0
34 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

Denver likely to agree to terms with Millsap tonight.

So with that, as far as i can tell, literally every Western Conference team EXCEPT the Grizzlies is either already elite and maintaining (gsw, sas), clearly rebuilding (sac, dal) or getting significantly better (everyone else.)  In other words, the Grizz are the only team without a real direction.

I know the front office's hands are a bit tied in terms of how much money they actually have to throw around, but this is quickly shaping up to be a disaster of an off-season.

4 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

So with that, as far as i can tell, literally every Western Conference team EXCEPT the Grizzlies is either already elite and maintaining (gsw, sas), clearly rebuilding (sac, dal) or getting significantly better (everyone else.)  In other words, the Grizz are the only team without a real direction.

I know the front office's hands are a bit tied in terms of how much money they actually have to throw around, but this is quickly shaping up to be a disaster of an off-season.

actually the direction is pretty clear...they want to try and find a diamond or two in the ruff players (rabb,brooks,martin,davis,rade)..while still be a competative playoff team (conley/parson/gasol/vets)

Allen    0

While our rivals are busy signing and trading for all stars we are busy going after Joe Ingles, Ben Mclemore  type players and debating whether we should resign a couple of 36 year olds

BnaBreaker    0
38 minutes ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

actually the direction is pretty clear...they want to try and find a diamond or two in the ruff players (rabb,brooks,martin,davis,rade)..while still be a competative playoff team (conley/parson/gasol/vets)

Oh, I agree there's a direction... and that direction is down.  

10 minutes ago, Allen said:

While our rivals are busy signing and trading for all stars we are busy going after Joe Ingles, Ben Mclemore  type players and debating whether we should resign a couple of 36 year olds

Recipe for success!!! Plus, you forgot signing Wayne Selden. Quite honestly, I would take a chance on Selden over McLemore at this point. 

Allen    0

I would hope the FO's plan isnt to rebuild around 2nd round picks, dleague callups and MLE level free agents