Grizzled Vet

Grizzlies opponents - 2017 Free agents and trades

Thomas    0
2 minutes ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

We need to clean house with our FO. Deals are being made and teams are getting stronger while we're worried about trying to re-sign JaM for $15 mil a year. We didn't have a deal just as strong as Oladipo and Sabonis? Wow.

When every single pick you make is an automatic bust why would teams want your trash prospects?

Chris Wallace baby!

13 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

Grizz sliding on down the pole like a tired stripper...

Right now, I don't see us being better than the 7th seed and that's with JaM who we may lose (and assuming TA and Z-Bo are gone). GSW, SA, HOU, MINNY, OKC are all clearly better than us now and NO and Portland are just as good. If Utah keeps Hayward with Rubio, they are better than us as well. There needs to be a big move or we might as well just tank next season. 

5 minutes ago, Thomas said:

When every single pick you make is an automatic bust why would teams want your trash prospects?

Chris Wallace baby!

There's some ruth to that. 

BLUEandGOLD    0

I am getting seriously depressed. The worst contract signed in Grizzlies' history is the recent extension of CW. I just feel other GM's laugh at him in back rooms. I obviously could be wrong, but doing a deal that LUCKILY brings in a raw Marc Gasol, signing an injured Parsons and re-signing our own FA's is not that stellar. We should change our mascot to the "Catfish" since we seem to always feed off the bottom of the pond. 

2 minutes ago, The Stro Show said:

I can't believe Indy made that deal

Why not? He was going to leave after this upcoming season anyway. Oladipo and Sabonis will be under contract for at least the next 3 seasons. It's just stability and get what you can while you can get it. 

That's why it makes no sense to shoot down trade scenarios on this board because you never know why a GM will do what they do. How many people would have proposed a trade like that? Not many, but it happened.

Thomas    0
1 minute ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

Why not? He was going to leave after this upcoming season anyway. Oladipo and Sabonis will be under contract for at least the next 3 seasons. It's just stability and get what you can while you can get it. 

That's why it makes no sense to shoot down trade scenarios on this board because you never know why a GM will do what they do. How many people would have proposed a trade like that? Not many, but it happened.

Yeah, a bunch of posters on here like to mock "ridiculous" trade scenarios, but "sensible" deals rarely happen in the real NBA anymore. And people act like player value is objective but really it's relative and every scenario is unique.

Father Pat    0

Oladipo is signed for the next 4 years at 21 mil per season. OKC cleared a lot of salary room with this deal. Sabonis was on the cheap with the last 2 years a team option(s). PG13 is getting 19.5 mil.

Dwash    0
1 hour ago, MemphisX said:

Grizz sliding on down the pole like a tired stripper...

I so wanted to add to this but I wont!

Dwash    0
1 hour ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

Right now, I don't see us being better than the 7th seed and that's with JaM who we may lose (and assuming TA and Z-Bo are gone). GSW, SA, HOU, MINNY, OKC are all clearly better than us now and NO and Portland are just as good. If Utah keeps Hayward with Rubio, they are better than us as well. There needs to be a big move or we might as well just tank next season. 

Dont discount Denver and Clips may still be a little above .500.

1 hour ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

We need to clean house with our FO. Deals are being made and teams are getting stronger while we're worried about trying to re-sign JaM for $15 mil a year. We didn't have a deal just as strong as Oladipo and Sabonis? Wow.

Brandon Wright is the only mid level salary player, and there isn't a promising youngster like those two.

The Grizzlies are 3 mega contracts, a mid level (Wright), and either bargain basement (Ennis/Daniels) or unproven youngsters.

If you were the Pacers, which youngster would you choose from the Grizzlies over Oladipo and Sabonis? Especially when you add in how great their contracts are (See Father Pat post above)

Shaun Livingston and this other guy staying in GS.  Also, nobody needs to worry about MC having the biggest contract anymore.

8 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Shaun Livingston and this other guy staying in GS.  Also, nobody needs to worry about MC having the biggest contract anymore.

Blake Griffin's contract had surpassed Conley's already so this places MC at 3 until John Wall signs. 

sources: The NBA has set salary cap for 2017-18 season, effective July 1: $99,093,000.

Dwash    0
29 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

He just becomes the largest non Allstar contract.

Wtf these news are just painful all over ., and to add insult to injury.. zbo to clippers or okc??? Rudy to spurs??? Can someone sign with a god **** team in the east??!!! 

I'll say it one more time. CW is an idiot. This was the year to make the big moves. To add to Gasol and Conley. 

Look at the names that have popped up already. 

You got to know when to be patient and when to go hard. He knows neither.