Grizzled Vet

Grizzlies opponents - 2017 Free agents and trades

9 hours ago, Paladin said:

I think Seraphin might be worth looking at.  I think we need a backup for Marc aside from Davis.

Having Davis as the only backup C to Marc spells a disaster waiting to happen

Also Wade workin on a buyout w/ Bulls n will sign w/ Cavs when it happens.

Cavs just locked in 1st seed.

What a remarkable trade for Cleveland, given the circumstances. And it won't change anything. Cleveland still comes out of the East. Lebron gonna go bananas in the ECF next year. 

29 minutes ago, cdp said:

I don't see how Wade, Rose and IT coexist

14 minutes ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

Rose wont work as a backup regardless.

3 hours ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

3 hours ago, Dwash said:

Rose wont work as a backup regardless.

IT/Rose

LBJ/Wade

Crowder/Smith

Love/Green

Tompson/Frye

Man a backcourt of IT and LBJ is going to be stupid crazy... or you could go the IT/Wade/LBJ/Love/Tompson route...if I was Cleveland my next move would be to trade tompson for Brooke lopez

time to trade Gasol to Cavs for Brooklyn pick, let them and Golden State kill each other for the next 2-3 years and get two top 5 picks in this draft. 

6 hours ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

time to trade Gasol to Cavs for Brooklyn pick, let them and Golden State kill each other for the next 2-3 years and get two top 5 picks in this draft. 

The pick was the prize of that trade cant see them moving it for anything less than a 27 and under AllStar.

If Pelicans struggle this year they should offer up Love and the pick for Ant Davis.

Cleveland isn't trading the Brooklyn pick until they are guaranteed LeBron is staying next summer. 

how many roster spots does BOS have open now?  If Ainge was smart he would pickup Tony Allen now.   Losing Crowder and Bradley has to hurt the team defensive tremendously.    Allen would be a pretty good band-aid. 

43 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

how many roster spots does BOS have open now?  If Ainge was smart he would pickup Tony Allen now.   Losing Crowder and Bradley has to hurt the team defensive tremendously.    Allen would be a pretty good band-aid. 

I think Rozier and Brown will be used as defenders. Rozier is already very good. Hayward is solid too.

TA and Smart dont seem like a good mix.

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

Cleveland isn't trading the Brooklyn pick until they are guaranteed LeBron is staying next summer. 

Precisely.

12 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

IT/Rose

LBJ/Wade

Crowder/Smith

Love/Green

Tompson/Frye

Man a backcourt of IT and LBJ is going to be stupid crazy... or you could go the IT/Wade/LBJ/Love/Tompson route...if I was Cleveland my next move would be to trade tompson for Brooke lopez

Crowder must start against the Dubs for them to have any semblance of D'ing up with any effectiveness. Wade in that Starting 5 is a team bereft of Defense. But I say, If they swing for Brooke Lopez, make him a focal point, at least 20/10 a game. The Dubs can be beat inside. It just that the other teams don't want to play that style.

6 hours ago, Dwash said:

The pick was the prize of that trade cant see them moving it for anything less than a 27 and under AllStar.

If Pelicans struggle this year they should offer up Love and the pick for Ant Davis.

If Cavs can get Gasol without giving up anyone good, they are the title favorite.

55 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

If Cavs can get Gasol without giving up anyone good, they are the title favorite.

They traded for that pick to prepare for life without Lebron. I don't see them dealing that pick for short term gain.

1 hour ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

No way, Gasol and Love are both weak in the post and wont take advantage of their size against Golden State. Draymomd can hold Gasol and KD or Iggy can switch between Love and Lebron. I have seen KD hold Gasol for stretches.

3 hours ago, Dwash said:

No way, Gasol and Love are both weak in the post and wont take advantage of their size against Golden State. Draymomd can hold Gasol and KD or Iggy can switch between Love and Lebron. I have seen KD hold Gasol for stretches.

Boogie would make Cleveland unstoppable

IT/LBJ/Crowder/Love/Boogie

On 8/22/2017 at 6:50 PM, cdp said:

Here is the holdup on the Bulls/Wade buyout:  $23.8 million for the upcoming season.

Reinsdorf is cheap, and I don't see him giving up money to let Wade play elsewhere.  Frankly, why should he?  

Wade also loves his money, and I don't see him giving up a ton of money either. Why should he play for the MLE or minimum when he can make almost $24 million in Chicago.

59 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Now they're saying that IT's hip may make the trade null and void.

Boy that would be awkward. Cavs should take it anyway cause you know the rebound offers go be weak.

Noel signed 1 year QO from Mavs for $4.1 mil. Previously turned down 4 year, $70 mil earlier in the summer.