Grizzled Vet

Grizzlies opponents - 2017 Free agents and trades

Recommended Posts

srmjr23    0
22 minutes ago, cdp said:

Rose to the Cavs for the minimum. Wowww if that's all it would've taken to get him then we should've gone for him over Tyreke. ‎

It's not as simple as just throwing money at them. He could have gone to any team int he NBA for that money. He chose Cleveland for a chance to win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, cdp said:

Rose to the Cavs for the minimum. Wowww if that's all it would've taken to get him then we should've gone for him over Tyreke. ‎

Maybe we did make an offer and he said no?

Maybe he took the minimum to get on a team that won a championship and was in the final last year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Subliminal    0
1 hour ago, The Stro Show said:

PAU GOT 3 YEAR 48 MILLY?!

Prob hush money on "Conley's baby" smh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fanboyslim    0
10 hours ago, cdp said:

Rose to the Cavs for the minimum. Wowww if that's all it would've taken to get him then we should've gone for him over Tyreke. ‎

I doubt he would have come here for the minimum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The bigger story to me is that 2 of the best Tigers (at least in this millennium) who are still in their prime just signed deals for the minimum and BAE. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drose is getting paid 1/9th what kyrie was getting.  

I don't think drose is a good fit with lebron and Kevin love.  I bet this doesn't go well for all involved. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grizz&Grind    0
2 hours ago, tmoneyinmphs said:

Drose is getting paid 1/9th what kyrie was getting.  

I don't think drose is a good fit with lebron and Kevin love.  I bet this doesn't go well for all involved. 

 

They may not be done dealing...didn't they just promote that dude to GM?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cdp    0
14 hours ago, srmjr23 said:

It's not as simple as just throwing money at them. He could have gone to any team int he NBA for that money. He chose Cleveland for a chance to win.

 

14 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

Maybe we did make an offer and he said no?

Maybe he took the minimum to get on a team that won a championship and was in the final last year?

 

4 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

I doubt he would have come here for the minimum.

 

I know just kinda surprisin seein him sign for that little. Makes you wonder if FO could've done somethin to convince him to sign.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Father Pat    0

Blazers traded Allen Crabbe (19.3 mil next season) to the Nets for Andrew Nicholson (6.3 mil next season). How do they get away with not matching salaries?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fanboyslim    0
1 hour ago, Father Pat said:

Blazers traded Allen Crabbe (19.3 mil next season) to the Nets for Andrew Nicholson (6.3 mil next season). How do they get away with not matching salaries?

Brooklyn had enough room under the cap to absorb the difference between Crabbe and Nicholson's salary. Portland has now a TPE worth $13M, but since this was a salary dump to get under the tax I doubt they'll ever use it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
srmjr23    0
7 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

Brooklyn had enough room under the cap to absorb the difference between Crabbe and Nicholson's salary. Portland has now a TPE worth $13M, but since this was a salary dump to get under the tax I doubt they'll ever use it.

+1 . Apparently they saved 20m+ in luxury tax. They're not signing Jam. They're interested in Melo and the like. I suspect they use the TPE sometime next year or by the deadline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fanboyslim    0
6 minutes ago, srmjr23 said:

+1 . Apparently they saved 20m+ in luxury tax. They're not signing Jam. They're interested in Melo and the like. I suspect they use the TPE sometime next year or by the deadline.

Well, to be precise they would have been $10M+ over the tax line and would have had to pay that much in tax, but yeah, they saved $20M+ in total.

They can't fit Melo in the TPE (can't be combined with other players), and I don't think they would want to get back into the tax this season, but they can use the TPE to trade for one or more players next offseason. All in all a great move by Portland.

Brooklyn on the other hand probably did to get to the minimum salary threshold but got Crabbe for three years, so I suppose they consider him a major bulding block for the future. Meh. In any event, there goes another possible destination for JaM.

EDIT: Seriously, looking at Brooklyn's roster makes you want to gouge you eyes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
srmjr23    0

My suspicion about why it has taken so long on Jam/Tony, is that we're actively involved in trying to be a part of these inevitable trades that will happen with Houston/Cleveland/NYC etc. In recent years Wallace has been pretty savvy in situations where teams need to get rid of salary or need an extra team to facilitate a trade. We got Chalmers and Ennis for Beno/Stokes, for example. It would not surprise me at all if we're mentioned in trades this week. Otherwise we might be waiting as long as the regular season, I'd guess. Tristan Thompson, a few seasons ago, held out for his 80m contract. Obviously he had the leverage in that situation, but sometimes these hold outs get results. Best case scenario is we sign Jam to a multi year deal, 4 years 32-40m, IMO. I don't think we want him to take the QO. It's best to lock him up now if we can get him cheap. 

edit: words

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Father Pat    0
2 hours ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

Frankin goes to Chins

Michael Beasley was just recently offered 3 years for 15 mil total to play in China.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Father Pat said:

Michael Beasley was just recently offered 3 years for 15 mil total to play in China.

Yep, saw that as well:

Quote
Coral Lu @CoralLu1
 Follow
More

Source said CBA team Shandong Golden Stars offered Michael Beasley a 3-year, $15 million contract to convince him to play in China

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2017 at 3:13 AM, srmjr23 said:

My suspicion about why it has taken so long on Jam/Tony, is that we're actively involved in trying to be a part of these inevitable trades that will happen with Houston/Cleveland/NYC etc. In recent years Wallace has been pretty savvy in situations where teams need to get rid of salary or need an extra team to facilitate a trade. We got Chalmers and Ennis for Beno/Stokes, for example. It would not surprise me at all if we're mentioned in trades this week. Otherwise we might be waiting as long as the regular season, I'd guess. Tristan Thompson, a few seasons ago, held out for his 80m contract. Obviously he had the leverage in that situation, but sometimes these hold outs get results. Best case scenario is we sign Jam to a multi year deal, 4 years 32-40m, IMO. I don't think we want him to take the QO. It's best to lock him up now if we can get him cheap. 

edit: words

We're not paying JAM 10 million.year because nobody else is either. 

 

Look at this

 

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/cap/

 

If I'm reading this right, only 76ers could even offer JAM that money, and they sure don't need another power forward/Big man. Suns could offer 7 and then everybody else can't offer more than MLE without a sign and trade.

 

So . . .JAM has 0 leverage at this point and market for him is not 10 million

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dwash    0
3 hours ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

We're not paying JAM 10 million.year because nobody else is either. 

 

Look at this

 

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/cap/

 

If I'm reading this right, only 76ers could even offer JAM that money, and they sure don't need another power forward/Big man. Suns could offer 7 and then everybody else can't offer more than MLE without a sign and trade.

 

So . . .JAM has 0 leverage at this point and market for him is not 10 million

Well the MLE is like 9 million. So if anyone still has it its not exactly slaw this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we should at least get another big other than Jam, Jam is a must but Motiejunas could be a nice backup for Marc.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chipc3    0
11 hours ago, Dwash said:

Well the MLE is like 9 million. So if anyone still has it its not exactly slaw this year.

$8.406 million for teams not paying the tax already. The taxpayer level is $5.192 million. 

The problem isn't the MLE for Green. It's the Grizzlies ability to match any offer. No one wants to waste the time to sign someone just to have Memphis match. I'm sure teams are talking to the Grizzlies about how to access some of their players in a multiplayer trade assuming that Memphis will want Green back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chipc3    0
24 minutes ago, Paladin said:

I think Seraphin might be worth looking at.  I think we need a backup for Marc aside from Davis.

The problem is the Grizz already have too many players under contract. I can't imagine picking up one more is high on the team's priority list. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now