Grizzled Vet

Grizzlies opponents - 2017 Free agents and trades

It's odd to me a team like Magic aren't pursuing JaM. The local Magic radio guys said the Magic sat down with Mo Buckets recently and a deal is imminent.

24 minutes ago, The Stro Show said:

It's odd to me a team like Magic aren't pursuing JaM. The local Magic radio guys said the Magic sat down with Mo Buckets recently and a deal is imminent.

Nothing off about it. Either 1) He's not as coveted as this board thinks and/or 2) his agent is asking for way too much money.

I never understood the hype about how JaM was going to get paid big time cash and I sure didn't think he was going to get $15 mil which the local media was apparently saying. I thought he was going to be a $6-$8 mil per year guy and us offering $10 mil would be more than generous. At this point, if I were the Grizz, I would offer him and his idiotic agent 2 years, $12 mil with a player option for the second year and leave it at that. Take it or leave it. 

2 hours ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

Nothing off about it. Either 1) He's not as coveted as this board thinks and/or 2) his agent is asking for way too much money.

I never understood the hype about how JaM was going to get paid big time cash and I sure didn't think he was going to get $15 mil which the local media was apparently saying. I thought he was going to be a $6-$8 mil per year guy and us offering $10 mil would be more than generous. At this point, if I were the Grizz, I would offer him and his idiotic agent 2 years, $12 mil with a player option for the second year and leave it at that. Take it or leave it. 

Being a RFA + lowered cap screwed JaM. Last year was an anomaly with Crabbe and Tyler Johnson. He'd get at least $12 million as an URFA.

Subliminal    0
On 7/21/2017 at 6:33 PM, Allen said:

Gasol exploded in a quarter several times last year

The only explosiveness coming from Gasol is in the bathroom because all his fat *** eats is Krystal's 😒

Thomas    0
5 minutes ago, Subliminal said:

The only explosiveness coming from Gasol is in the bathroom because all his fat *** eats is Krystal's 😒

Good thing they got toilets on his boat for when he's throwing one of his many torta-laden parties.

4 hours ago, The Stro Show said:

Uhhh, who?  I'm not hip.

11 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Uhhh, who?  I'm not hip.

Mo speights. Who I wish we could bring back. Would be a great piece to this team once again. All we would need is a rebounding big again. 

11 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

Mo speights. Who I wish we could bring back. Would be a great piece to this team once again. All we would need is a rebounding big again. 

Oh, thanks for clarifying.  I would be okay with Speights.  I'm not sure if he would be a "great" piece, but probably much better than some we have under contract.

10 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Oh, thanks for clarifying.  I would be okay with Speights.  I'm not sure if he would be a "great" piece, but probably much better than some we have under contract.

With the system they are wanting to run he would be perfect. Mid range game on point and can spread the floor. Not the best defensively but can grab a few boards. 

4 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

With the system they are wanting to run he would be perfect. Mid range game on point and can spread the floor. Not the best defensively but can grab a few boards. 

He takes charges well too.

Subliminal    0
1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Good thing they got toilets on his boat for when he's throwing one of his many torta-laden parties.

He's a fat looser!

Dwash    0
11 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

I'm not saying you're wrong, but based on what, and how so?

From what I have seen. Neither are point guards but Smith is a better scorer. Better shooter, dribbler, quicker, finishes stronger in the lane. Heck look at their dleague resumes if you want stats not even close.

30 minutes ago, Dwash said:

From what I have seen. Neither are point guards but Smith is a better scorer. Better shooter, dribbler, quicker, finishes stronger in the lane. Heck look at their dleague resumes if you want stats not even close.

Okay.  I'll look into their D-League resumes.  I'm not greatly impressed with Baldwin but he does show flashes of being a decent distributor at times.  I just think he doesn't know how to run an NBA team yet, and I don't think his shot is all that great either (of course neither is Harrison's yet, though I think he is more of a plus at this time).

El Guapo    0
11 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Maybe he should be a fat tighter?:ph34r:

Hot chicks dig him though...

source: IIWII scouting report

Subliminal    0
16 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Maybe he should be a fat tighter?:ph34r:

Losen up man

Subliminal    0
2 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Don't you mean "don't be so uploose, man"?

You might have just gone over my head on that one.. Play off of obtuse..?

Subliminal    0

Ah yes was overthinking that one. Anyways, how 'bout them Grizz?

cdp    0

Rose to the Cavs for the minimum. Wowww if that's all it would've taken to get him then we should've gone for him over Tyreke. ‎