Grizzled Vet

Grizzlies opponents - 2017 Free agents and trades

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Ndq0327 said:

So Johnathan Simmons is now an unrestricted FA I wonder what the Spurs are doing.

Who else is left - that is worth getting?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently they are workin on a deal with him as a unrestricted FA I mean dude is 28 so he's kind of in the same position as Jam his potential is likely tapped

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ndq0327 said:

So Johnathan Simmons is now an unrestricted FA I wonder what the Spurs are doing.

The Spurs give up on people fast once they lose faith in the them. I suspect the team felt Simmons wasn't going to be the player they wanted so once they signed Rudy they preferred the cap space to Simmons. That doesn't mean he isn't a good player of course. He could still make his mark on the league. 

Woj is reporting the Spurs are still negotiating with Simmons however. It could be just a way to pay him more (or less) than his current contract allows. I was more than a little surprised to hear that Simmons is going to be 28 before the season starts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's talking with other teams now I doubt he goes back to San Antonio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zach LoweVerified account @ZachLowe_NBA 1h1 hour ago

 

Pelicans officials are meeting with Rajon Rondo today in Louisville about a possible one-year deal, league sources tell ESPN.

 

I would think Rondo wouldn't be too eager to play again with Cousins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Father Pat said:

Zach LoweVerified account @ZachLowe_NBA 1h1 hour ago

 

Pelicans officials are meeting with Rajon Rondo today in Louisville about a possible one-year deal, league sources tell ESPN.

 

I would think Rondo wouldn't be too eager to play again with Cousins.

Man i hope they get him!  So they can implode and not battle us for a spot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

Apparently they are workin on a deal with him as a unrestricted FA I mean dude is 28 so he's kind of in the same position as Jam his potential is likely tapped

 

I think Simmons agent, like JaM isn't real experienced at all of this.

I'm guessing both had very high expectations that aren't being met.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Father Pat said:

Zach LoweVerified account @ZachLowe_NBA 1h1 hour ago

 

Pelicans officials are meeting with Rajon Rondo today in Louisville about a possible one-year deal, league sources tell ESPN.

 

I would think Rondo wouldn't be too eager to play again with Cousins.

Cousins liked Rondo, and probably has been politicking for him. After Rondo signed with Chicago, this was DeMarcus:

“I mean it sucks,” Cousins said. “Me and Rondo really grew a great bond. He became a big brother to me. I learned a lot from him....One thing I can say is Chicago’s getting a great person and a great player. Promise me y’all are going to take care of him.”

Earlier in the season, DeMarcus said that he “will kidnap him myself” to keep Rondo in Sacramento. From this link: "DeMarcus had found a teammate that he had a great bond with, and that should have been a priority to keep him in a Kings uniform".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Cousins liked Rondo, and probably has been politicking for him. After Rondo signed with Chicago, this was DeMarcus:

“I mean it sucks,” Cousins said. “Me and Rondo really grew a great bond. He became a big brother to me. I learned a lot from him....One thing I can say is Chicago’s getting a great person and a great player. Promise me y’all are going to take care of him.”

Earlier in the season, DeMarcus said that he “will kidnap him myself” to keep Rondo in Sacramento. From that quote, it seems like that DeMarcus had found a teammate that he had a great bond with, and that should have been a priority to keep him in a Kings uniform.

I was remembering when Rondo blew up because it was just him and a rookie showing up at shoot arounds when he was at SacTown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, New_Sacred_Cow said:

Seriously dude? Pump the brakes.

You are not staff and don't have those privileges. If you impersonate the staff again I will have to remove you from the forums.

Ah, I see two can play that game. I don't see moderator by your name, how do we know --> YOU aren't the imposter?! Lol jk, just messin around. The only one who didn't get it was Father Pat so I couldn't resist. 

5 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Some folks don't have a sense of humor.

Heh, I don't have the best basketball insight so I have to find other ways to contribute. And sorry for pulling your chain Father Pat, was just bored and acting silly. No hard feelings I hope 😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jonathon Simmons to Orlando $20mil/3y all guaranteed.

That's a big loss for the Spurs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I think he'll be a decent, but overpaid role player.

 

Product of a good spurs system.

 

Just like Jam Green? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I think he'll be a decent, but overpaid role player.

 

Product of a good spurs system.

 

That's one of the best contracts in the NBA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, BeastModeGrizz said:

Rockets now for sale 😄

Owner bought the team for 85 million and Forbes currently lists it at 1.65 billion.

Smart move to sell while the momentum for the NBA is still rolling strong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

 

Good for him getting resigned. I am at peace with Troy being gone.   I think Selden will be the better all-around player and we wouldn't have gotten him if we kept Troy.   

Count this as CW bumbling his way into a victory like he did with the Ronnie Brewer/ Tony Allen ordeal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Good for him getting resigned. I am at peace with Troy being gone.   I think Selden will be the better all-around player and we wouldn't have gotten him if we kept Troy.   

Count this as CW bumbling his way into a victory like he did with the Ronnie Brewer/ Tony Allen ordeal. 

Much like grit and grind as a whole its never good when your gm's best moves came off shots in the dark, totally unplanned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope we could move packages of Daniels + Martin (?) and Baldwin + Ennis + Wright (?), maybe work S&T with Philly and Nets, there are some good options... Mcgee, Diaw, Cunnigham and Speights.

 

MC/Chalmers/Harrison 

Mclemore/Selden/Brooks 

Parsons/Tyreke/Zagorac

Jam/Dante/Rabb

Gasol/Speights/Davis

 

Brooks and Rabb two way players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now