Kevin B Moses

With the #35 pick, Memphis Selects Ivan Rabb

On 6/27/2017 at 6:39 AM, Ndq0327 said:

I'm trying to be optimistic about Rabb I really am but if we don't want him for his post scoring but would like for him to develop a more perimeter  based game why in the hell did we not just take Ojeleye or Bolden?  They were both available and posses the skills everyone thinks Rabb needs to develop. 

This is what I was saying leading up to the draft. Just take players who can already do the things you need and just maximize those talents. Instead we take Rabb who needs time to develop these skills when the team is literally 3-4 years away from complete rebuild. 

Rabb has what can't be taught...he's athletic. You can teach and develop skills easier than speed, hops, and rebounding. Length can't be taught. I understand why they grabbed him, but I'm not a believer that Rabb will be a factor anytime soon...he's too slight for the NBA

We've drafted more players with injury concerns than not in the past few years; Adams, Martin, Davis, now Rabb. Wtf.

Just now, cdp said:

We've drafted more players with injury concerns than not in the past few year; Adams, Martin, Davis, now Rabb. Wtf.

Still waiting on one of them to pan out. Hasn't happened yet.

12 minutes ago, Back2Grizzness said:

Rabb has what can't be taught...he's athletic. You can teach and develop skills easier than speed, hops, and rebounding. Length can't be taught. I understand why they grabbed him, but I'm not a believer that Rabb will be a factor anytime soon...he's too slight for the NBA

He's not athletic for his size

I remember when Davis had a minor injury last year and then missed all summer league and most of preseason. 

Don't believe the front office when it comes to injuries. 

1 minute ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

I remember when Davis had a minor injury last year and then missed all summer league and most of preseason. 

Don't believe the front office when it comes to injuries. 

All they do is lie about injuries.

1 hour ago, fanboyslim said:

This just in: Dillon Brooks found to have prosthetic leg. Expected to be ready for the season opener.

Whoa

I thought for minute you were gonna say a robot hand.

When Martin goes up, he leaves his prosthetic legs on the ground.

GettyImages-811520512(1).jpg?itok=1P1peE

I can't find it in recent posts, but I recall someone in the forums making reference to a statement from the team (Wallace? Fiz?) saying that Rabb and Brooks would not sign two-way contracts. I may be mistaken though. Does someone recall that too?

2 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

I can't find it in recent posts, but I recall someone in the forums making reference to a statement from the team (Wallace? Fiz?) saying that Rabb and Brooks would not sign two-way contracts. I may be mistaken though. Does someone recall that too?

Wallace said none of the picks would be offered 2 way contracts. Rade signed already. Brooks and Rabb have not signed as far as I have heard. 

However, that was said the week after the draft and before the team acquired McLemore and Evans. Situations change so I wouldn't hold Wallace's feet to the fire on this. I wouldn't be shocked if one or both players were assigned to the Hustle without an NBA contract and the Grizzlies simply hold onto their rights like they did with Harrison. It wouldn't be as financially beneficial to the players of course if he did that.  

Just now, chipc3 said:

Wallace said none of the picks would be offered 2 way contracts. Rade signed already. Brooks and Rabb have not signed as far as I have heard. 

However, that was said the week after the draft and before the team acquired McLemore and Evans. Situations change so I wouldn't hold Wallace's feet to the fire on this. I wouldn't be shocked if one or both players were assigned to the Hustle without an NBA contract and the Grizzlies simply hold onto their rights like they did with Harrison. It wouldn't be as financially beneficial to the players of course if he did that.  

Thanks, Chip. I agree with you, I'm ok with Wallace changing course with justification. But when put in context I suspect it meant one or both of the 2017 picks will not have an NBA contract and stay with the Hustle all season.

He's supposed to they said he would miss the first 3

22 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

What time is the game?

Rabb is not playing tonight.

Over/under on whether he'll need season ending surgery?

Early on, Cyprien said that Rabb would not play in the Summer league.

They lied from the start. They always lie about injuries because they have all the Memphis media on their payroll.

1 hour ago, MemphisX said:

They lied from the start. They always lie about injuries because they have all the Memphis media on their payroll.

Seriously what is the rationale behind these decisions though? Let's sign and draft as many damaged goods as possible so we can sketchily lie about their injuries until we cut them or let them walk? This is ******* out of control.

No one knows how serious his injury is and you can't trust what they say. If he needs surgery it would be wise not to sign him this year and simply hold onto his rights and free up a roster spot. As for Brooks, unless they have a plan already to trade Ennis and/or Daniels, I don't see where the minutes would go for him. We already have a rotation of Parsons, Mclemore, Evans and Selden not counting Ennis and Daniels. My guess is that once they know whether they can retain Jam they will start making moves to clear up roster spots and start signing rookies to NBA or two-way contracts. If Jam is gone, we will need to trade some of our guys to get a PF and that will solve the logjam at the wing. I think Ennis, Daniels, Wright, Martin and Baldwin are all candidates to be traded. The key is Jam and what Brooklyn is gonna do. They are the only threat right now.