New_Sacred_Cow

2017 Grizzlies Summer League

Summer league is right around the corner:

https://www.grizzlybearblues.com/2017/6/15/15814672/memphis-grizzlies-announce-summer-league-schedule-nba-2017-las-vegas

Really excited to see Selden, Rade, and Davis. Crossing my fingers for Baldwin to show any sort of development and growth. Somewhat losing hope on Martin.

1 hour ago, New_Sacred_Cow said:

https://www.grizzlybearblues.com/2017/6/15/15814672/memphis-grizzlies-announce-summer-league-schedule-nba-2017-las-vegas

Really excited to see Selden, Rade, and Davis. Crossing my fingers for Baldwin to show any sort of development and growth. Somewhat losing hope on Martin.

you must didnt see any of his dleague games last season...he is ahead of baldwin imo...dude had a few nice 20/10 games...just go on youtube and search for him

54 minutes ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

you must didnt see any of his dleague games last season...he is ahead of baldwin imo...dude had a few nice 20/10 games...just go on youtube and search for him

I'm aware of the games he put up in the DLeague. I just meant I'm losing hope on him being a contributor to the Grizzlies. No doubt he has talent but it feels like his window on the team is closing.

3 hours ago, New_Sacred_Cow said:

I don't like that. In June we draft some guy no one's ever heard of but we get all excited anyway, then summer league makes some guys look great ... and then it's MONTHS till anything else happens. 

5 hours ago, New_Sacred_Cow said:

I'm aware of the games he put up in the DLeague. I just meant I'm losing hope on him being a contributor to the Grizzlies. No doubt he has talent but it feels like his window on the team is closing.

i actually wont mind if they let green go...and start davis or martin at the 4...i think those two guys can be huge for the grizzlies down the line.

Davis is a center in this NBA I'm ready to move on from Martin it's a combination of him still not having a roll and the team not putting enough emphasis on developing him especially. 

It's kinda like the Harrison Baldwin conundrum. Like why did we draft Martin if we had Green?  Sure Martin was younger and had more potential but Jam was first in line for the minutes and there was no way the team could develop both. I say move Martin for some future second rounders or a vet big that won't get in DD's way. 

Wow...this is Martin's first healthy offseason. I am willing to bet he will be much improved. You guys have zero patience.

35 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

Wow...this is Martin's first healthy offseason. I am willing to bet he will be much improved. You guys have zero patience.

Yea this is also his 3rd season and he's made no progress towards a rotation spot. And with people talking bout bringing Green and Zach back along with Chandler playing some 4 explain to me where his opportunity  is???? 

If Zach is back Martin isn't playing I don't blame him more than  I blame the team for not prioritizing him.  They chose Green over Martin. Are you gonna resign Martin after a 4th year of not having a rotation spot?  If you wanna continue on the Martin path then you can't bring Zach back. 

6 hours ago, MemphisX said:

I'm going to hopefully agree with this.

Not only has he not been healthy, but some guys just need more time to develop regardless of what franchise they started with.  Examples of guys like that who have passed through the Grizzlies organization: DeMarre Carroll, James Johnson, Mo Speights, Jon Leuer, JaM Green, Hassan Whiteside.  All were less than good with their first organization or two.

Well if we lose Green wouldn't martin move up or is Davis going to hopefully get those?

On 6/16/2017 at 0:02 PM, TimBC said:

I don't like that. In June we draft some guy no one's ever heard of but we get all excited anyway, then summer league makes some guys look great ... and then it's MONTHS till anything else happens. 

Are we drafting someone this year??? 

59 minutes ago, The Stro Show said:

Nick van exel will be coachin the summer squad 

cool!   Conley gave him tons of props for his growth as a scorer this season.    Hopefully Nick can help Wade and Harrison the same way. 

On 6/16/2017 at 11:07 AM, New_Sacred_Cow said:

How is his window on the team closing when the 2 PFs in front of him are free agents?

Could be the perfect storm that lands him in the starting lineup.

9 hours ago, The_PROOF said:

How is his window on the team closing when the 2 PFs in front of him are free agents?

Could be the perfect storm that lands him in the starting lineup.

Cause everyone expects us to bring them back. its quite possible Martin gets traded for a pick this thursday.

2 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

Cause everyone expects us to bring them back. its quite possible Martin gets traded for a pick this thursday.

This.

We won't lose BOTH Zbo and Jam...and even if that happens, Wright would be next in line to start beside Marc. There is a reason he and Marc got time together during last season.

On 6/19/2017 at 8:24 AM, chipc3 said:

Are we drafting someone this year??? 

No, the pattern's there. Would it really make any difference if we had the usual pick in the 17-30 range? 
We've chosen Wade Baldwin. Jarell Martin. Jordan Adams. Jamaal Franklin. Tony Wroten. Xavier Henry. 
Dominique Jones. Greivis Vasquez (not so bad). DeMarre Carroll. Donte Greene.
You'd have to go back to 2006 where #24 was some bum named Kyle Lowry, or 2005 Hakim Warrick. 

we are gonna draft someone but the more important part is are we gonna trade Wright for a back up pg which will allow us to use our MLE on a scoring wing 

12 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

There's no assurance that both or either of them are back next year. And if Green leaves and Z-Bo returns there's also no guarantee he'll start. There's a certain type of PF that Fizdale likes with Marc.

8 minutes ago, The_PROOF said:

There's no assurance that both or either of them are back next year. And if Green leaves and Z-Bo returns there's also no guarantee he'll start. There's a certain type of PF that Fizdale likes with Marc.

yea and Jarell isnt it or Fizz would have played him more. It's time to move on and try again with another young player.

2 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

yea and Jarell isnt it or Fizz would have played him more. It's time to move on and try again with another young player.

Fizz didn't play him because he wasn't ready for prime minutes this year. Doesn't mean it's time to just give up and move on from him. The guy hasn't even had a healthy training camp with the team yet.

7 minutes ago, The_PROOF said:

Fizz didn't play him because he wasn't ready for prime minutes this year. Doesn't mean it's time to just give up and move on from him. The guy hasn't even had a healthy training camp with the team yet.

so are you gonna sign him to a new long term deal next year?

12 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

so are you gonna sign him to a new long term deal next year?

Don't have to cross that bridge until 2019-2020. No need to freak out and throw him away after two injury-riddled seasons.

10 minutes ago, The_PROOF said:

Don't have to cross that bridge until 2019-2020. No need to freak out and throw him away after two injury-riddled seasons.

dude is done here last year was his opportunity. Only way he's still here is if we lose both 

Jam and Zbo