Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kevin B Moses

I think Lebron might come after Marc Gasol

89 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

They would do it without the pick. Kevin Love's skills are lost on that team. He is good scorer, but he is terrible defensively. Marc would transform that team like no other. The only other player that I could see that would help the cavs more would be the Brow, even though I think the brow is overrated. I actually think Gobert or Marc would be better than Paul George on that team.

you know who would be a perfect fit for them.....brooke freakin lopez...the need a center that can score plus he has adding 3pt shooting to his game.

5 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

conley/ennis/parson/love/davis

really dont like how love fits on this team

wonder ifs okc would take westbrook for gasol

conley/westbrook/ennis/parson/davis

getting rid of gasol is would be putting alot of faith in DD

Yeah agreed,

That's why personally myself I wouldn't make that deal.

5 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

They would do it without the pick. Kevin Love's skills are lost on that team. He is good scorer, but he is terrible defensively. Marc would transform that team like no other. The only other player that I could see that would help the cavs more would be the Brow, even though I think the brow is overrated. I actually think Gobert or Marc would be better than Paul George on that team.

Yeah true, but I think for CLE to match it with GSW it needs to be 2 acquisitions

Marc or Gobert or AD

and

PG13 or Butler

I can't see Carmelo alone or Chris Faul alone helping them

Also, back to the Spurs, Marc instead of Pau would be a major move for them.

Big sigh....it seems so much easier helping another team to reach the top using our pieces than keeping ours and acquiring other pieces to put us in the contender group

3 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

Big sigh....it seems so much easier helping another team to reach the top using our pieces than keeping ours and acquiring other pieces to put us in the contender group

You said it!

There are a whole lot more teams in the same boat as us than Cleveland/GSW though. 

29 minutes ago, SC Grizz said:

You said it!

There are a whole lot more teams in the same boat as us than Cleveland/GSW though. 

The smart teams are laying low until this era is over with. And stacking up for 2 or 3 years from now.

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

The smart teams are laying low until this era is over with. And stacking up for 2 or 3 years from now.

They must have been laying low for the past 25 years. Since I could count on one hand the teams that have win the title. It's foolish to think you are going to wait out the warriors run. Lol. 

9 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

They must have been laying low for the past 25 years. Since I could count on one hand the teams that have win the title. It's foolish to think you are going to wait out the warriors run. Lol. 

How many fingers do you have on one hand? By my count, there have been 10 different franchises to win the title in the last 25 years. Chicago, Houston, Spurs, Lakers, Pistons, Heat, Celtics, Mavericks, Warriors, and Cleveland have all won since 1993 (the last 25 years).

why would they even do that?

Both guys disappear in big games. And Love is a better rebounder but can't guard a rock.

Better question would be, why would we do that? lol

2 minutes ago, Iron Mike said:

why would they even do that?

Both guys disappear in big games. And Love is a better rebounder

Love is a better rebounder, better scorer, and (for the time being, until I see Marc do it over more than one season) the better shooter. Love is also younger and more agile, although both have sub-par speed. Gasol used to be a superior defender, but I would say they are about the same these days. However, ESPN real plus minus shows Love as a superior defender. 

I'm sure that there will be at least one person saying I do not respect Gasol's game. I think he is good. I just think Love is better. 

1 minute ago, lsugrizzfan said:

Love is a better rebounder, better scorer, and (for the time being, until I see Marc do it over more than one season) the better shooter. Love is also younger and more agile, although both have sub-par speed. Gasol used to be a superior defender, but I would say they are about the same these days. However, ESPN real plus minus shows Love as a superior defender. 

I'm sure that there will be at least one person saying I do not respect Gasol's game. I think he is good. I just think Love is better. 

Agree.

Only thing Gasol has right now is him being "Marc Gasol".

But the truth is, Love is better than him right now.

9 minutes ago, lsugrizzfan said:

How many fingers do you have on one hand? By my count, there have been 10 different franchises to win the title in the last 25 years. Chicago, Houston, Spurs, Lakers, Pistons, Heat, Celtics, Mavericks, Warriors, and Cleveland have all won since 1993 (the last 25 years).

Heat, Cavs = LeBron. He is his own franchise.

Lakers, Spurs, Celtics, Chicago.

That's my five. Houston, Mavs, Pistons are outliers.

That leaves the warriors who are poised to be the next Bulls.

2 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Ha. Because they are outliers, you don't count them? Also how can you call Houston outliers when they won two in a row with one of the five greatest centers of all time in an era when centers mattered? Even still, do you have 6 fingers? Because you listed 6 (Lebron, Lakers, Spurs, Celtics, Chicago,and Warriors)

1 minute ago, lsugrizzfan said:

Ha. Because they are outliers, you don't count them? Also how can you call Houston outliers when they won two in a row with one of the five greatest centers of all time in an era when centers mattered? Even still, do you have 6 fingers? Because you listed 6 (Lebron, Lakers, Spurs, Celtics, Chicago,and Warriors)

Because Jordan quit basketball. Also, I could actually move the Celtics to the outlier, since this was before bird. 

So it would be: LeBron, Bulls, Lakers, Warriors and Spurs.

On 6/14/2017 at 7:21 AM, chipc3 said:

If I was Lebron and I wanted to create a super team to compete with the Warriors I'd join Chris Paul in San Antonio. 

Why, that's just ridic- ... wait a minute, hmm.  Wouldn't be the first time the salaries are impossible but it happened anyway.  

3 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Not just winning one, but atleast being in position to compete. The Grizzlies are no longer competing and are moving in the opposite direction.

Look, its cool if you are happy with what direction the Grizzlies are moving, but stop trying to convince everyone that they should be satisfied with this second rate team and that they will never get a better product. This team isnt going anywhere, isnt getter better and anyone with any sense knows this. Therefore, people will continue to drum up ideas of moving on.

Except that the Heat won one before Lebron. Let me guess...another "outlier"?

2 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Except that the Heat won one before Lebron. Let me guess...another "outlier"?

I was about to come in and say the same thing. Heat won without Lebron in 06.  Kevin B just has to be right no matter what

30 minutes ago, Allen said:

I was about to come in and say the same thing. Heat won without Lebron in 06.  Kevin B just has to be right no matter what

This dude when shown how wrong he was basically just comes back and says 5 title teams (Rockets, Heat, Pistons, Mavs, Celtics) dont count and are outliers. Then he openly debates with himself which five teams he thinks he should count and throws out the Celtics just so he can feel like he was right. How do you think you can build any type of respectable argument with such stupidity?

4 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Because Jordan quit basketball. Also, I could actually move the Celtics to the outlier, since this was before bird. 

So it would be: LeBron, Bulls, Lakers, Warriors and Spurs.

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

This dude when shown how wrong he was basically just comes back and says 5 title teams (Rockets, Heat, Pistons, Mavs, Celtics) dont count and are outliers. Then he openly debates with himself which five teams he thinks he should count and throws out the Celtics just so he can feel like he was right. How do you think you can build any type of respectable argument with such stupidity?

I like his moving the Celtics to outlier status "since this was before bird." I am not sure what he meant there, but I took it to mean that it happened before Larry Bird. But the Celtics team that won in the last 25 years was after Larry Bird; it was the Garnett, Allen, Pierce team. No way he actually thought that was before Larry Bird. At this point I am just confused as to what he is thinking. But I do thoroughly enjoy showing him how unreasonable most of his arguments are.

Kevin, if the Grizzlies happen to win a championship in the future are you going to classify it as an outlier?  Your argument is silly.  Who are you to downgrade the effort, heart, and determination that those teams exerted to win the title?

5 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Kevin, if the Grizzlies happen to win a championship in the future are you going to classify it as an outlier?  Your argument is silly.  Who are you to downgrade the effort, heart, and determination that those teams exerted to win the title?

Alright, look. I'm sick of this. It's not silly. It's a fact of the nba, and if you knew anything about the nba, you'd know it. The nba is dominated by a few teams that win.

Only 5 teams, Celtics, Lakers, Bulls, Spurs and Warriors have won more than 3 championships, totaling between them almost 70 percent of the titles.

Celtics: 17

Lakers: 16

Bulls: 6

Spurs: 5

Golden State (philly) warriors: 5

That's 49 titles between them.

The rest of the nba: 22 titles. And if you include: Detroit, Philly 76ers and Heat, who all have 3 titles each. It is 58 titles between 8 teams. and the rest of the league has 13 titles.

Of those 13 titles, 1 was in 1947, 1 was 1951, and 1 was 1958, and other than the rockets in 1994-95 and 1993-94, the rest of those one hit wonders were in the 70s before Magic and Bird.

So you wanna come again man?

My point is "laying low" as dwash put it is absolutely stupid. I call them outliers because the entire existence of the nba is against those teams that happened to win a title, as a one off, against all odds.

The players for the next super teams are already in place. Anthony Davis and Kat in the west. The greak freak in the east. Laying low, lol.

3 hours ago, lsugrizzfan said:

I like his moving the Celtics to outlier status "since this was before bird." I am not sure what he meant there, but I took it to mean that it happened before Larry Bird. But the Celtics team that won in the last 25 years was after Larry Bird; it was the Garnett, Allen, Pierce team. No way he actually thought that was before Larry Bird. At this point I am just confused as to what he is thinking. But I do thoroughly enjoy showing him how unreasonable most of his arguments are.

No actually your problem is that you don't understand hyperbole.

Here's a definition:

exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.

You want another definition: Synecdoche, meaning part for a whole.

Used in combination, I am making a hyperbolic statement where the truth of the statement lies in how much of it is actually truth. If I say, don't go into the deep part of the ocean, you'll drown.

Would you then bring up an article to show me how one swimmer swam in the pacific ocean?

My real point is that it is dangerous to swim in the deep part of the ocean because you might drown. If you can understand that, you'll get a lot more out of my posts. 

No Moses. You are not that deep. People understand fully what you mean but you just move the goal posts when your statements are proven wrong.

9 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

No Moses. You are not that deep. People understand fully what you mean but you just move the goal posts when your statements are proven wrong.

I'm kicking the can.

Alright, look. I'm sick of this. It's not silly. It's a fact of the nba, and if you knew anything about the nba, you'd know it. The nba is dominated by a few teams that win.

Only 5 teams, Celtics, Lakers, Bulls, Spurs and Warriors have won more than 3 championships, totaling between them almost 70 percent of the titles.

Celtics: 17

Lakers: 16

Bulls: 6

Spurs: 5

Golden State (philly) warriors: 5

That's 51 titles between them.

The rest of the nba: 22 titles. And if you include: Detroit, Philly 76ers and Heat, who all have 3 titles each. It is 60 titles between 8 teams. and the rest of the league has 13 titles.

Of those 13 titles, 1 was in 1947, 1 was 1951, and 1 was 1958, and other than the rockets in 1994-95 and 1993-94, the rest of those one hit wonders were in the 70s before Magic and Bird.

So you wanna come again man?

My point is "laying low" as dwash put it is absolutely stupid. I call them outliers because the entire existence of the nba is against those teams that happened to win a title, as a one off, against all odds.

The players for the next super teams are already in place. Anthony Davis and Kat in the west. The greak freak in the east. Laying low, lol.

And while you are analyzing titles, you have missed the part where most fans just says they want to be able to compete for a title. No matter how they get there, now or later, blow up or not, just compete. You are the only fool who seems to think that this roster as currently constructed is actually doing that.