Sign in to follow this  
Kevin B Moses

I think Lebron might come after Marc Gasol

I just think he might quietly see if Dan Gilbert can fangle Marc from the grizzlies for Kevin Love and a 1st round pick, or something like that. Kevin Love doesn't fit on that team, and I'm thinking that Lebron thinks if he can go big against the warriors, he has a better chance of winning.

Mark my words.

TT_Grizz    0

Kevin Love fits much better on the Cavs than Gasol ever will this is a ridiculous post.

Dwash    0
54 minutes ago, TT_Grizz said:

Kevin Love fits much better on the Cavs than Gasol ever will this is a ridiculous post.

Yeah Gasol isnt really a hard matchup for the Warriors either.

2 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I just think he might quietly see if Dan Gilbert can fangle Marc from the grizzlies for Kevin Love and a 1st round pick, or something like that. Kevin Love doesn't fit on that team, and I'm thinking that Lebron thinks if he can go big against the warriors, he has a better chance of winning.

Mark my words.

Man, I swear. I hope and pray that you are a weed head with some of this stuff you be posting. 

TT_Grizz    0
7 hours ago, Dwash said:

Yeah Gasol isnt really a hard matchup for the Warriors either.

Gasol has consistently shown in his career he can't abuse other teams for going small, there's no way he'll take care of the glass the way Love does. Gasol's defense has also dropped off a fair bit, and will continue to do so as he ages. He really doesn't provide much for the Cavs at all, whereas Love is an elite scorer and rebounder, a great passer, and a much improved defender. 

Dwash    0
2 hours ago, TT_Grizz said:

Gasol has consistently shown in his career he can't abuse other teams for going small, there's no way he'll take care of the glass the way Love does. Gasol's defense has also dropped off a fair bit, and will continue to do so as he ages. He really doesn't provide much for the Cavs at all, whereas Love is an elite scorer and rebounder, a great passer, and a much improved defender. 

I do think that the Cavs need to look to move Love. He isnt consistent enough offensively. Imagine if they had Wiggins right now, either playing well or available to offer to Paul George or Jimmy Butler?

But for now they need like 2 or 3 role players that can guard multiple positions when the Warriors start running. You need a lot of guys that can guard anyone to compete. For them Love is probably the only player worth anything that they could trade and get by without.

chipc3    0

If I was Lebron and I wanted to create a super team to compete with the Warriors I'd join Chris Paul in San Antonio. 

3 hours ago, TT_Grizz said:

I don't know, I think I saw Marc hanging out with Hailee Baldwin. He gonna be beasting this year.

TT_Grizz    0
1 hour ago, Dwash said:

I do think that the Cavs need to look to move Love. He isnt consistent enough offensively. Imagine if they had Wiggins right now, either playing well or available to offer to Paul George or Jimmy Butler?

But for now they need like 2 or 3 role players that can guard multiple positions when the Warriors start running. You need a lot of guys that can guard anyone to compete. For them Love is probably the only player worth anything that they could trade and get by without.

I think their starting 5 is fine, it's their bench that needs work. They need some young athletic players who aren't on their last legs. They have too many one dimensional players (Korver, Frye, Jones) or inconsistent players (Williams, Shumpert) who don't get the job done vs the Warriors. What they need is more two-way players. Guys like Patty Mills as a backup PG, Courtney Lee etc. Guys who can play both ways and are reliable, smart. The thing is though they're expensive to get. 

lsugrizzfan    0

I pray that this is true (although I think it's foolish). We get a better player, who is younger, and a first round pick. Do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grizz&Grind    0
5 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

i bet chris paul goes to the cavs

I don't think the Cavs need as much as folks think - they need a tweak somewhere between 2-4 players on the back end and maybe a starter.

I've read everything from Paul George to Sefalosha and a lot of players in between.

Either way, sounds like some of those bums are done in Cleveland.

Dwash    0
26 minutes ago, TT_Grizz said:

I think their starting 5 is fine, it's their bench that needs work. They need some young athletic players who aren't on their last legs. They have too many one dimensional players (Korver, Frye, Jones) or inconsistent players (Williams, Shumpert) who don't get the job done vs the Warriors. What they need is more two-way players. Guys like Patty Mills as a backup PG, Courtney Lee etc. Guys who can play both ways and are reliable, smart. The thing is though they're expensive to get. 

They are at a premium, which is kinda why I think Love has to be the guy to move to get hin and Lebron may have to become a full time 4.

Yeah I think CLE will retool for sure. I think Love will be gone. Curious if LeBron would want Kyrie gone if that meant getting CP3.

1 hour ago, New_Sacred_Cow said:

Yeah I think CLE will retool for sure. I think Love will be gone. Curious if LeBron would want Kyrie gone if that meant getting CP3.

they could just move irving to the 2 spot.....paul/irving/james/love/thompsons...then they could do like the warriors did and fill out the roster with ring chasers and rookie contracts.

Acehigh718    0

Haha KBM, still got your eyes on KLove :)

Listen, I take that offer in a **** heartbeat, but I don't think Lebron comes knockin' for something like that.

y'all are a bit harsh on KBM, its actually not as ridiculous as it sois made out here.

Thompson got owned, the bench needs a LOT of improving, LBJ needs to move to PF so having Marc would make sense but its not enough, they'd need to get PG13 or Butler as well to seroiusly dent dreams of a dynasty in Oakland.

10 hours ago, chipc3 said:

If I was Lebron and I wanted to create a super team to compete with the Warriors I'd join Chris Paul in San Antonio. 

I may be one of the few who thought the Spurs could have taken the Warriors. They were giving GSW the bizness until Kawhi got hurt, with him and Parker @ 100% I think they would have been a massive chance.

If Russ wants to get revenge on KD, then he could go to the Spurs. Now THATS a matchup I could watch all day long

7 hours ago, New_Sacred_Cow said:

Definitely cant see that, LBJ and Kyrie are blood now

25 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

y'all are a bit harsh on KBM, its actually not as ridiculous as it sois made out here.

Thompson got owned, the bench needs a LOT of improving, LBJ needs to move to PF so having Marc would make sense but its not enough, they'd need to get PG13 or Butler as well to seroiusly dent dreams of a dynasty in Oakland.

They don't respect marc gasol.

They'd rather have a guy who couldn't mark the playoffs his entire 6 years in Minnesota. Again, gasol might have a few flaws, but he's a **** good player.

And also, people love to pile on about how mediocre the grizzlies are, and yet, other than the spurs, warriors and okc, the grizzlies were the only team to get to a wcf. If I do fault the grizzlies for anything it's that Mr. Unreliable game, which remains the worst loss in franchise history.

Mike Conley probably had his worst game of the playoffs of his career, and the grizzlies let okc come in their building and punk them. It's almost as if the grizzlies had an inferiority complex, like they didn't feel like they should win that game.

The_PROOF    0
1 hour ago, Kevin B Moses said:

And also, people love to pile on about how mediocre the grizzlies are, and yet, other than the spurs, warriors and okc, the grizzlies were the only team to get to a wcf. 

Houston 

1 hour ago, Kevin B Moses said:

They don't respect marc gasol.

They'd rather have a guy who couldn't mark the playoffs his entire 6 years in Minnesota. Again, gasol might have a few flaws, but he's a **** good player.

And also, people love to pile on about how mediocre the grizzlies are, and yet, other than the spurs, warriors and okc, the grizzlies were the only team to get to a wcf. If I do fault the grizzlies for anything it's that Mr. Unreliable game, which remains the worst loss in franchise history.

Mike Conley probably had his worst game of the playoffs of his career, and the grizzlies let okc come in their building and punk them. It's almost as if the grizzlies had an inferiority complex, like they didn't feel like they should win that game.

The grass is always greener...

Familiarity breeds contempt

Etc etc.

The question is would anyone here make CLE the offer of Marc+1st for KLove?

Would we be a better team?

Would CLE accept?

My answers are:

Q1:No

Q2:Short term no, medium term maybe

Q3:I think they would

28 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Etc etc.

Would CLE accept?

My answers are:

They would do it without the pick. Kevin Love's skills are lost on that team. He is good scorer, but he is terrible defensively. Marc would transform that team like no other. The only other player that I could see that would help the cavs more would be the Brow, even though I think the brow is overrated. I actually think Gobert or Marc would be better than Paul George on that team.

34 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Etc etc.

Would CLE accept?

My answers are:

conley/ennis/parson/love/davis

really dont like how love fits on this team

wonder ifs okc would take westbrook for gasol

conley/westbrook/ennis/parson/davis

getting rid of gasol is would be putting alot of faith in DD