Sign in to follow this  
SC Grizz

Justin Holiday - TA Replacement

11 minutes ago, SC Grizz said:

I have mentioned his name before in other threads. Seems like a logical, affordable option at the SG position.

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/2284101/justin-holiday

Any reasons why we should not take a look at this guy as a viable free agent target?

No reason not to look. However a player entering his 4th season who couldn't make an impact yet on a bad team isn't exactly exciting as a prospect. 

I think he's run out of time. He's at the age (28) where he isn't going to get any better, or better enough to "break out". A little more than half of his shots were 3's, and he was just below league average at making them. Being the worst shooting team in the league, I believe a much younger player with Holiday's ability (so he has time to improve), or a better shooting SG at his age would be the way to go.

I also have to admit that I am all for Wayne Selden getting a legit opportunity this coming season. I think he is what we are looking for as a T.A. replacement.

If we're gonna replace TA it needs to be an upgrade. This dude is a downgrade, straight up, sorry.

His brother on the other hand....

13 hours ago, dy_dy_dynomite said:

Is KJ McDaniels a free agent

The Nets have a team option on his contract. 

I'm not sold on Holiday. We most likely will only have the MLE to work with. Who can we get? How bad is Jodie Meeks on defense? Would he even be available at MLE prices? Shooting and ball handling shoot be the priorities.

Well the MLE will jump to 8mil this year.  At that number it's either gonna be an older guy,  a guy looking top prove himself on a 1yr deal or a lower level younger player who's  been bouncing around 

On 6/14/2017 at 2:37 PM, The Stro Show said:

Read today Justin AND Jrue will be heading to the Mavs. They've apparently always wanted to play together. 

Mavs will never get off that treadmill will they?