I don't know what the roster situation is, but if Dave Joerger is trying to change the culture in Sacramento, getting George Hill, ZBo, and Vince Carter is a pretty good way to do it.

I think VC values playing over riding the coattails to get a ring.  Probably could do that more in Sacramento

3 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I don't know what the roster situation is, but if Dave Joerger is trying to change the culture in Sacramento, getting George Hill, ZBo, and Vince Carter is a pretty good way to do it.

I think VC values playing over riding the coattails to get a ring.  Probably could do that more in Sacramento

Dave loading up on players over 30, truly shocking.

1 minute ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Worth noting if true:

Always considered them a package deal even if that was never actually the case. Just doesn't make sense to keep one if you're not keeping the other (at least in my brain). What is grit without grind?

On 7/2/2017 at 8:23 PM, Notorious O.D.K. said:

Hardway, Caldwell-Pope and Bogdonavic are restricted. No chance we get them if their teams want to retain them. Plus,  when you're talking about guys averaging in mid teens in scoring, they are going to demand money. Ibaka just got $20 mil a year.

Tyreke is coming off of an injury and may be able to be had on a one year deal at lower than he would have normally commanded but not sure how good a fit he is unless he comes off of the bench. Nick Young is nothing but a gunner with drama surrounding him, he may be able to be had too.  

I think the most available unrestricted FA that we may be able to attain on the market is either McLemore or Evans. Guys who have proven stuff will command a good amount of money. We will only be able to get guys who have been injured (such as Parsons or Tyreke in this case) or headcases with baggage like Young or underachievers with "potential"  such as McLemore.  We don't have enough money to pry a restricted FA from their team if that team really wants him. 

Hmmm, I could say I predicted it. I mean, if we got Young, it would be a trifecta!

2 hours ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

Hmmm, I could say I predicted it. I mean, if we got Young, it would be a trifecta!

Props to you, sir.

JaMychal Greens agent Michael Hodges - today about any news or progress with contract situation; "Out of respect for the Memphis Grizzlies, I won't comment on that right now" and "JaMychal loves Memphis and the fans, and want's to get back to grit and grind".

2 hours ago, Father Pat said:

JaMychal Greens agent Michael Hodges - today about any news or progress with contract situation; "Out of respect for the Memphis Grizzlies, I won't comment on that right now" and "JaMychal loves Memphis and the fans, and want's to get back to grit and grind".

giphy.gif

16 hours ago, Father Pat said:

Why haven't we signed him yet?

1 hour ago, grizzgolf said:

Why haven't we signed him yet?

Well technically the Grizzlies have offered JaMychal a contract. He hasn't signed it yet. The contract is the qualifying offer they had to offer him to maintain his restricted status as a free agent. Right now the Grizzlies can resign him to a mutually agreed upon contract, Green can receive a contract from another team and the Grizzlies can decide whether to match or not and Green can accept the qualifying offer and become an unrestricted free agent next summer. 

Personally I believe the Grizzlies front office isn't interested in setting a price on JaMychal by even discussing a new contract while his agent could take that information around the league to try and improve on the offer. Instead let Green and his agent sweat it out and see if the Grizzlies can't get the best offer for his services. Right now there is very little chance Green won't be back in Memphis. The FO is smart to not overpay him when no one else has even offered him anything.