2 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Wallace said after the draft that they will be on regular contracts.   They are taking up roster spots. 

Glad to hear we aren't trying to short change them like we did a few years ago with our draft picks. 

7 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Glad to hear we aren't trying to short change them like we did a few years ago with our draft picks. 

Are you referring to the Greivis and Xavier fiasco with Heisley.  Yes that was hella dumb. 

But to your earlier point adding them def puts the squeeze on our 4 FAs.   

Just now, GrizzTigerFan said:

Are you referring to the Greivis and Xavier fiasco with Heisley.  Yes that was hella dumb. 

But to your earlier point adding them def puts the squeeze on our 4 FAs.   

Yes and Yes. 

19 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Wallace said after the draft that they will be on regular contracts.   They are taking up roster spots. 

Sheesh. Well so much for FA signings.

Just now, SC Grizz said:

Sheesh. Well so much for FA signings.

I predict the only movement will be to acquire Mike some help with a ball-handling Vet and make an attempt to bring back JaMyke.   Wright and Martin may be on the move to acquire such a player or free up spot to chase in Free Agency. 

49 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Holy smokes I hate Wallace.

I could really see ZBo on either coast, either back in Portland or trying to get a ring in the bay area.

On the East coast, I think a team like the Sixers could benefit from Zach.  Washington as well.

Dunno how aware some of ya'll are but we can and will sign 20 players from now till the start of the season. Plus guys like Brooks n Simmons ain't gettin a guaranteed deal they'll get a training camp deal if anythin. Doesn't really affect resignin our fa's at the moment.

21 hours ago, Dwash said:

Holy smokes I hate Wallace.

Same terrible mistake as Harrison last year, why would you offer regular guaranteed money when you don't need to at all. 

2 hours ago, cdp said:

Dunno how aware some of ya'll are but we can and will sign 20 players from now till the start of the season. Plus guys like Brooks n Simmons ain't gettin a guaranteed deal they'll get a training camp deal if anythin. Doesn't really affect resignin our fa's at the moment.

Brooks is on the roster Simmons will get a flex contract we are only bringing 1 free agent back unless 3 people off the current roster are moved not including free agents. 

53 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Brooks is on the roster Simmons will get a flex contract we are only bringing 1 free agent back unless 3 people off the current roster are moved not including free agents. 

We should get a starting sg and Jam back, if Jam is in a rational price. I wish we have money for Waiters, but he will get paid; maybe just maybe, we get lucky and Fizdale can bring Bosh and Wade when they get bought out. Imagine he pull this and we end with.

MC/Harrison/Baldwin 

Wade/Selden/Daniels

Ennis/Parsons/Zagorac or Brooks

Bosh/Davis/Martin or Rabb

Gasol/Wright

8 hours ago, Once_a_hater said:

We should get a starting sg and Jam back, if Jam is in a rational price. I wish we have money for Waiters, but he will get paid; maybe just maybe, we get lucky and Fizdale can bring Bosh and Wade when they get bought out. Imagine he pull this and we end with.

MC/Harrison/Baldwin 

Wade/Selden/Daniels

Ennis/Parsons/Zagorac or Brooks

Bosh/Davis/Martin or Rabb

Gasol/Wright

you forgot trade wright and daniels to houston for pat bev

conley/bev/harrison

wade/seldon/brooks

parsons/ennis/zogorc

jam/bosh/martin

gasol/davis/rabb

2 hours ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

i wouldn't be shocked if Jam ends up in Sac.

Me neither. Sacramento or Spurs or Wolves or Celtics, those are the teams I expect to try to sign him.

4 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

you forgot trade wright and daniels to houston for pat bev

conley/bev/harrison/baldwin 

wade/seldon/brooks

parsons/ennis/zogorc

jam/bosh/martin

gasol/davis/rabb

😅 only way we compete for a ring

21 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

Yea but as the 45th pick in the draft Brooks gon have to earn that roster spot by the end of preseason, otherwise he ain't stickin around.

The way they spoke about him after the draft I doubt he doesn't make the roster.  He's pretty good he might actually  get minutes next season. 

This is the time I'm most excited about the grizz from summer league up to November. That's the window where you get to see what the future could be then somewhere late November December they revert back to old grizz and it gets boring. 

With the nba salary cap going down, I could see jam only getting between 8 to 10  million. 

I also think that Brandan wright gets bought out. Nobody wants him at 6 million a year. Basically the Grizz do it to open up a roster spot and fulfill wrights request.

Given who is pulling the trigger and the budget in place here are the moves I would expect.

Aaron Afflalo two year 16 million dollar deal using mid level, 2nd year is a player option

My wish - Jonathan Simmons formerly of the Spurs for same money with two additional years 8 mil/year

Ty Lawson - two year 5 million bi annual exception with the 2nd year a player option

My wish - Darren Collison formerly of the Kings, a proven PG for when Conley Jr. makes his annual pilgrimage to the IR. 

13 minutes ago, Dark-Child said:

Given who is pulling the trigger and the budget in place here are the moves I would expect.

Aaron Afflalo two year 16 million dollar deal using mid level, 2nd year is a player option

My wish - Jonathan Simmons formerly of the Spurs for same money with two additional years 8 mil/year

Ty Lawson - two year 5 million bi annual exception with the 2nd year a player option

My wish - Darren Collison formerly of the Kings, a proven PG for when Conley Jr. makes his annual pilgrimage to the IR. 

I believe Jonthan Simmons was offered a Qualifying Offer from San Antonio.

Also, I doubt any of these moves will occur given the current roster and salary cap issues with the team.  

Welcome to the boards by the way. 

Yes Jonathan Simmons is restricted, but I think we need more athletic wings and given what San Antonio is attempting to accomplish (Chris Paul or D. Rose) JS may be surplus to requirements and the Spurs may not match on a competitive offer.

He really should be the #1 target ahead of JaMychal Green for the Grizz. 

20 minutes ago, Dark-Child said:

Yes Jonathan Simmons is restricted, but I think we need more athletic wings and given what San Antonio is attempting to accomplish (Chris Paul or D. Rose) JS may be surplus to requirements and the Spurs may not match on a competitive offer.

He really should be the #1 target ahead of JaMychal Green for the Grizz. 

Our MLE wont get it done.

I have to agree with DWash here. All the team can offer a different team's FA is the MLE and San Antonio would max that in a heart beat. 

The non taxpayer mle is 8.4 million this year. I doubt Simmons gets more than that. But again, San Antonio can basically wait and bring in Chris paul then offer the mle to simmons.

17 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

The non taxpayer mle is 8.4 million this year. I doubt Simmons gets more than that. But again, San Antonio can basically wait and bring in Chris paul then offer the mle to simmons.

No they cant because the mle counts against the cap and must be renounced to use the cap space. But he has a low cap hold so they can wait. 

But if guys like Carroll, Middleton, Crabbe and Bazemore have been getting 15-17 million in years past, its just foolish to think Simmons will go for 8 million. He is going to squeeze atleast 12 million or more out of someone in this wing starved league where 2 ways are at a premium.

The other thing that will happen is that teams will see them holding out and stacking dollars for CP3 and try to force their hand early with a big offer on Simmons.