2 minutes ago, GF#1 said:

Couldn't agree more. I've never understood how some view him as a hot commodity.

He's just the current Darrell Arthur, Hakim Warrick, etc.

But in this NBA cap situation 10+ is what those guys would've been getting now.  We have to stop viewing his salary using the previous cap limit lens.  Conley is getting paid freaking 155m that alone should put everything into perspective. 

Having said that i am willing to go up to 12m per - otherwise may have to let him go. 

1 minute ago, Holidayinn21 said:

The underrating of JaM on this board is amazing.

I think the biggest quality people overlook in JaM is that his presence allows Fiz to play the style and rotation that he desires.   Meaning JaM frees up Parsons and Gasol to focus more on the offensive end.   JaM can guard the SFs that Parsons can't, which will be even more important this coming season.   JaM is also our best pickNroll defender and top rebounders, which compliments Gasol's skillset.    

Plus he is a solid 3pt shooter that defenses have to respect therefore creating more space.   Those traits are not easily replicated and we don't have money to replace it.   Super versatile guys like him and James Johnson are very valuable. 

3 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I think the biggest quality people overlook in JaM is that his presence allows Fiz to play the style and rotation that he desires.   Meaning JaM frees up Parsons and Gasol to focus more on the offensive end.   JaM can guard the SFs that Parsons can't, which will be even more important this coming season.   JaM is also our best pickNroll defender and top rebounders, which compliments Gasol's skillset.    

Plus he is a solid 3pt shooter that defenses have to respect therefore creating more space.   Those traits are not easily replicated and we don't have money to replace it.   Super versatile guys like him and James Johnson are very valuable. 

Defense's don't respect his 3 point shooting, but otherwise I agree. Just because he can hit the 3 doesn't m make him a threat. I think most teams just try to guard conley, and that's it. No other player commands any focus.

26 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

JAM isnt that good offensively which is why he gets flack but he is one of the closest things we have to a modern NBA big which is why some love him. Just depends on how you look at it really.

@fastbreakbreak: Behold, a shopping list of free agents the Grizzlies may be able to afford using their salary cap exceptions https://twitter.com/fastbreakbreak/status/877897427876847618/photo/1

Shelvin Mack,  Jordan Mcrae,  Tjones should all fit into the Mle just make the space for them. 

Cheap Terrence Jones or expensive Jam Green???? 

12 minutes ago, Dwash said:

JAM isnt that good offensively which is why he gets flack but he is one of the closest things we have to a modern NBA big which is why some love him. Just depends on how you look at it really.

Oh don't get me wrong i don't think he needs to become the 3rd option or anything but he has shown ability to be a solid pick and pop threat and hit 3s. 

JaM and Davis check the boxes when it comes to prototypical modern NBA PF and C.   That's why they are valued so much by the organization. 

19 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Rumblings that Vince will join the warriors next year.

I saw that too. Vince is practically begging them to sign him.

23 minutes ago, Father Pat said:

I saw that too. Vince is practically begging them to sign him.

Didn't David West say he was gonna retire?  VC could take his spot. 

9 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

Cheap Terrence Jones or expensive Jam Green???? 

I vote cheap Terrence Jones (if there is absolutely NO injury concerns).

This allows us some space to get a reasonable guard to play alongside Mike and help him out and also be a threat.

Getting Mike help - haven't we been saying this is a priority?

6 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

Didn't David West say he was gonna retire?  VC could take his spot. 

Rumor now is that ZBo wants to join Warriors for the ring.

I don't think our pics tonight affect FA though I think Wright gets traded. I think Brooks is good enough to be on the roster.

I think Tony isn't coming back.   We have too many wings and he can get more than Vet minimum on open market.   Same with Vince.   We simply don't have the roster spots. 

Brooklyn and Minnesota are the two teams that can monkey wrench us with resigning JaMyke.   JaM controls the fate of Zbo and Wright. 

Hopefully both of those teams are going after bigger fish first.  Rumor has it Minny may target Milsap and Brooklyn going after Otto Porter.  

9 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I think Tony isn't coming back.   We have too many wings and he can get more than Vet minimum on open market.   Same with Vince.   We simply don't have the roster spots. 

Brooklyn and Minnesota are the two teams that can monkey wrench us with resigning JaMyke.   JaM controls the fate of Zbo and Wright. 

Hopefully both of those teams are going after bigger fish first.  Rumor has it Minny may target Milsap and Brooklyn going after Otto Porter.  

I think Vince is gone for sure, but I'm not sure how zbo and tony will shake out.

15 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Who comes back is even more of a discussion now with 2 new draft picks added to the mix. 

Players under contract (11): Baldwin, Conley, Daniels, Davis, Ennis, Gasol, Harrison, Martin, Parsons, Selden and Wright

Draft Picks (3): Rade Zagoric (2016), Ivan Rabb and Dillon Brooks

Free Agents: Green (RFA), Allen, Carter and Randolph 

Wallace prefers taking just 14 players into the season to give the team room to make adjustments due to injury but did take 15 last season. If no trades are accomplished then the team can only sign at most 4 of their draft picks and free agents. Since all three draft picks were acquired by giving away future picks you have to give them priority over the FAs in my opinion. 

So who are the top 15 players on this list?  

10 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Who comes back is even more of a discussion now with 2 new draft picks added to the mix. 

Players under contract (11): Baldwin, Conley, Daniels, Davis, Ennis, Gasol, Harrison, Martin, Parsons, Selden and Wright

Draft Picks (3): Rade Zagoric (2016), Ivan Rabb and Dillon Brooks

Free Agents: Green (RFA), Allen, Carter and Randolph 

Wallace prefers taking just 14 players into the season to give the team room to make adjustments due to injury but did take 15 last season. If no trades are accomplished then the team can only sign at most 4 of their draft picks and free agents. Since all three draft picks were acquired by giving away future picks you have to give them priority over the FAs in my opinion. 

So who are the top 15 players on this list?  

Green, Rade, Allen, Ivan Rabb. I am hopeful that we can move Wright and Daniels. I think that the Grizz could buy out wright to add another spot, which is most likely going to happen. And then we could add zbo or Dillon to the mix. 

I'm so mixed on zbo at this point. I just see it both ways. I'd hate to see zbo on another team, especially the warriors.

I fully expect Brooks and Rabb to be 2 way contracts this season so they would occupy #16 and #17.

This would allow us to sign an MLE player and keep that #15 spot open.

6 minutes ago, New_Sacred_Cow said:

I fully expect Brooks and Rabb to be 2 way contracts this season so they would occupy #16 and #17.

This.

2 minutes ago, New_Sacred_Cow said:

I don't believe the 2 way contracts will affect most 2nd round draft picks. These players are guaranteed only $75,000 a year. It can go up to $275,000 a year depending on how much they actually play in the NBA. That is way below the minimum contract for an NBA player. 

It would be great for the team but why would Rade, Ivan or Dillon accept a low ball offer from the team tying them up for a couple of years when they can go overseas and make more money and get experience? 

Well Kobi Simmons is occupying one of those two way contracts

52 minutes ago, New_Sacred_Cow said:

Wallace said after the draft that they will be on regular contracts.   They are taking up roster spots.