Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kevin B Moses

Who's watching the Preds!

38 posts in this topic

Ticketmaster has NO tickets available for game 4 tonight. That's fan support! 

On 6/5/2017 at 0:33 PM, chipc3 said:

Ticketmaster has NO tickets available for game 4 tonight. That's fan support! 

If the Preds win game 5 in Pitt, they could sell out Nissan Stadium for game 6.  

The window is closing on the Gasol/Conley era.  If Memphis doesn't find a way to sign a couple of game changers to go along with them, it might be a long wait to see this happen in Memphis.  I was at the first ever western conf. playoff game against the Spurs and that was a heck of a crowd, but what is going on in NashVegas is off the charts in modern sports history.  50,000 people without tickets downtown at various watch parties including the Ascend Amphitheater which showed game 4 on a big screen to help spread the crowd out.  Maybe the Cubs winning a WS :angry: (Boo!) after 108 years rivaled the local fanaticism level.

There has been an issue with parking lots charging "scalpers" prices to park, but other than that, it's been all good.

Charles Barkley compares Predators fans to Bulls fans ‘in their heyday’

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2017/6/5/15743866/charles-barkley-compares-predators-fans-to-bulls-stanley-cup-final

Predators game 6 tickets are sold out on Ticketmaster. There are literally no seats available at any price! 

10 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Predators game 6 tickets are sold out on Ticketmaster. There are literally no seats available at any price! 

cant lie im jealous of nashville...if they win the championship im gonna to the parade tho ;)

Yeah, i'm no hockey fan and i won't pretend to know all the rules, but i watched two of the finals games.  That's the most hockey i've ever seen, and i saw two goals taken away from nashville.   One was a violation, because a skate was lifted barely before a puck crossed the line which imo made no difference in the goal being scored.  All the icing penalties on the preds until the game was out of control.  Then last night, the preds score a goal on a rebound but it doesn't count.  Penguins score off a rebound off the wall, it's good. 

I don't get it.  I don't plan on watching any more hockey. 

19 hours ago, tmoneyinmphs said:

Yeah, i'm no hockey fan and i won't pretend to know all the rules, but i watched two of the finals games.  That's the most hockey i've ever seen, and i saw two goals taken away from nashville.   One was a violation, because a skate was lifted barely before a puck crossed the line which imo made no difference in the goal being scored.  All the icing penalties on the preds until the game was out of control.  Then last night, the preds score a goal on a rebound but it doesn't count.  Penguins score off a rebound off the wall, it's good. 

I don't get it.  I don't plan on watching any more hockey. 

I have never been a huge hockey fan either but I had a totally different view of the finals than you. I was surprised at how really exciting the game has become since I lived in DC and the Capitals played the most boring brand of hockey in history. I don't pretend to know all the rules but I do know it was thrilling action and it kept my wife and I on the edge of our seats in most games. It's unfortunate the ref made a bad call in game 6 but those things happen. I'm not going to punish myself because of one error by a ref.

I doubt I will watch much of the regular season games this coming year but I will be looking forward to the playoffs again next year. Who knows though. I may be turning on some Pred games if the NBA is boring one night. 

9 hours ago, chipc3 said:

I have never been a huge hockey fan either but I had a totally different view of the finals than you. I was surprised at how really exciting the game has become since I lived in DC and the Capitals played the most boring brand of hockey in history. I don't pretend to know all the rules but I do know it was thrilling action and it kept my wife and I on the edge of our seats in most games. It's unfortunate the ref made a bad call in game 6 but those things happen. I'm not going to punish myself because of one error by a ref.

I doubt I will watch much of the regular season games this coming year but I will be looking forward to the playoffs again next year. Who knows though. I may be turning on some Pred games if the NBA is boring one night. 

Then you know enough about hockey to know what a "breakaway" (like a clear path NBA foul) is... right?

A couple of seasons ago at Bridgestone, right in front of me, in OT vs Chicago,  now former Pred Taylor Beck stole the puck for a breakaway.  In the NBA it's two shots and the ball.  The NHL has a "penalty shot" which is just him and the goalie one on one.  Which they didn't call when he was pulled down from behind by the seat of his pants, while being tripped as well.  They didn't even call a 2-minute penalty on the offending player.  There was no call at all.  All four officials swallowed their whistles.  It was so bogus that USA Today ran a picture of it the next morning.  Since it was the worst missed call I ever saw in person at a sporting event, I actually kept the photo in my downloads.

DCIi67UVwAAwT1S.jpg

Tim Donaghy said NBA refs were crooked and unfortunately, I see what he is saying.  I never thought the NHL would have the same problem or have it worse.  They need to fire some refs in both leagues to set an example.  Remember when Conley got his face broken and no foul was called?  Remember when Subban was getting his head beat into the ice last week and nothing was called?

Crookedness. 

Referees aren't perfect. There is no question about that. If you are looking for perfection perhaps a game with less human involvement would be better for you since all humans make mistakes. 

That being said I really enjoyed the hockey games and will start to watch games next year for the first time even with the errors of the refs involved.