Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Memfizz

What's really depressing is we could have beat these Rockets

274 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, TT_Grizz said:

The Draymond suspension wasn't bad fortune, you can't compare it to an injury. He brought it on himself, the guy had 4 flagrants in the playoffs last year. He received clear warnings from the league and he didn't listen. So no, the Draymond suspension doesn't fall under the "bad fortune" category, it's plain stupidity. 

I'm also getting tired of everyone citing the Bogut injury as if he suddenly turned into prime Hakeem Olajuwon. Bogut was playing 12 minutes a game up until his injury, lets stop acting like his play would've stopped the onslaught of LeBron. I'll give you the Iguodala back injury, that was unfortunate, but ultimately, he was still playing.

I never said the Warriors haven't had any bad fortune come their way, they've had some injuries here and there. But they've had an incredible amount of luck fall their way, they've played 2 healthy teams in 3 years (OKC and CLE last yr) and they were 1-1 in those series. It's incredible the amount of teams they've played that have been profoundly impacted by injuries, by either having their best player/s out or having them at much less than 100%. This isn't taking anything away from them, still a great team, and they deserved to win it in 2015. But anyone denying the amount of fortune that's fallen their way has their head in the sand.

Good observations

And Green should have been ejected from today's game after his disgraceful carry-on AFTER he got T'd up. If that was any average NBA player approaching a ref like he did, it would have been another tech. Imagine if Cousins did that? Automatic 2nd tech and ejected. Imagine if Zach carried on like that, and then imagine the brothers on the boards here how they would have reacted? Imagine if you or I or anyone here carried on like that in our workplace? We'd be FIRED

Why does this boofhead get such a pass?

3 hours ago, TT_Grizz said:

The Draymond suspension wasn't bad fortune, you can't compare it to an injury. He brought it on himself, the guy had 4 flagrants in the playoffs last year. He received clear warnings from the league and he didn't listen. So no, the Draymond suspension doesn't fall under the "bad fortune" category, it's plain stupidity. 

I'm also getting tired of everyone citing the Bogut injury as if he suddenly turned into prime Hakeem Olajuwon. Bogut was playing 12 minutes a game up until his injury, lets stop acting like his play would've stopped the onslaught of LeBron. I'll give you the Iguodala back injury, that was unfortunate, but ultimately, he was still playing.

I never said the Warriors haven't had any bad fortune come their way, they've had some injuries here and there. But they've had an incredible amount of luck fall their way, they've played 2 healthy teams in 3 years (OKC and CLE last yr) and they were 1-1 in those series. It's incredible the amount of teams they've played that have been profoundly impacted by injuries, by either having their best player/s out or having them at much less than 100%. This isn't taking anything away from them, still a great team, and they deserved to win it in 2015. But anyone denying the amount of fortune that's fallen their way has their head in the sand.

They were clearly better than healthy Cleveland last year on the court in games 1-4 and needed some outside help (Draymond suspension, phantom Curry fouls game 6, Thompson all of a sudden being able to guard Steph by holding him) along with two injuries (Iggy could barely walk he was only playing cause it was the finals!) in order to disrupt chemistry and give Cleveland confidence. They are a heavy chemistry team that needs most of its parts working to be effective.  Agree with the suspension or not (I wont rehash that debate)  If both teams were on the court in game 5 Cleveland gets blown out of the building and we all know it.

31 minutes ago, Dwash said:

They were clearly better than healthy Cleveland last year on the court in games 1-4 and needed some outside help (Draymond suspension, phantom Curry fouls game 6, Thompson all of a sudden being able to guard Steph by holding him) along with two injuries (Iggy could barely walk he was only playing cause it was the finals!) in order to disrupt chemistry and give Cleveland confidence. They are a heavy chemistry team that needs most of its parts working to be effective.  Agree with the suspension or not (I wont rehash that debate)  If both teams were on the court in game 5 Cleveland gets blown out of the building and we all know it.

Ahh I see you're one of those "it was rigged/scripted" people. Yeah, I'm not gonna bother with this. Have a good day.

1 hour ago, BigHunkALove said:

Good observations

And Green should have been ejected from today's game after his disgraceful carry-on AFTER he got T'd up. If that was any average NBA player approaching a ref like he did, it would have been another tech. Imagine if Cousins did that? Automatic 2nd tech and ejected. Imagine if Zach carried on like that, and then imagine the brothers on the boards here how they would have reacted? Imagine if you or I or anyone here carried on like that in our workplace? We'd be FIRED

Why does this boofhead get such a pass?

Remember how waving your fist at a ref was an instant tech? Draymond does that at least 5-10 times a game and he gets away with it every time. He yells at the ref, complains about every foul etc. If it's in Oracle, it's very hard to get a tech against the Warriors. No denying Green's passion and ability, he's a great player, but he has a very long leash when it comes to getting technical fouls. His stupidity cost his team dearly in the Finals last year.

34 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Actually, I think I will take the bait.

• Draymond suspension wasn't "outside help", it was pure stupidity on his part. It had nothing to do with fortune or luck, but just plain stupidity. The NBA LITERALLY told him "stop hitting guys in the nuts or else you're suspended" and then he goes and does the exact same thing. Did his suspension give the Cavs an advantage in Game 5? Of course it did, but last I remember, he played in Game 6 and 7 as well, and they still couldn't get it done.
  • "Phantom Curry fouls" stop it. I've watched that Game 6 a number of times (I'm a huge LeBron fan), and it was clear that LeBron made a concentrated effort to attack Curry and get him into foul trouble early. I think *maybe* one of the 6 fouls was a 50/50 iffy call, but that happens, sometimes you get the call against you. Curry had 5 fouls on him and yet he still chose to play stupid and reach in on LeBron in the back-court (how not to play defense with foul trouble 101). Watch the replay, it's clear he got LeBron on the arm on that reach, a clear foul was called, he threw a hissy fit and got teched. I repeat, the unanimous MVP got fouled out in an elimination game in the Finals on the road, letting his team down, and then proceeded to throw his mouthguard at a fan like a child. Imagine LeBron did this and the outrage that would've ensued. 
  • Tristan Thompson is well-regarded around the league as one of the more versatile big-man defenders, and his ability to switch on pick and rolls on the smaller guy is one of the best in the league. His defense was huge that series and he was the 3rd most important Cav. He was not "holding Steph down". It's called physical defense. It's called the playoffs. Every single superstar has faced tougher, more physical defense in the playoffs, so stop acting like this was some league conspiracy against Curry that all of a sudden guys were allowed to hold him down. Physical, off-ball defense, welcome to the playoffs. 
  • The Iggy injury gave Cavs an advantage, yes, but when comparing it to the fortune of other teams injuries that Warriors have had fall their way, it's not as bad as what those other teams have had. If Iggy "couldn't walk" he wouldn't play. Game 6 was the only game where he looked real bad. As far as I know, he was playing crunch-time minutes in Game 7, and at that point, the "I'm hurt" excuse gets thrown out the window unless you're playing with a broken leg and 1 arm. Can't compare guys who are playing hurt (Iggy) to having your 2nd best player miss an entire series (Kyrie in 2015 finals). That's my point here.

People still wanna act like the Finals last year had some type of league conspiracy and script behind them. The Draymond suspension gave the Cavs an advantage, but it wasn't the turning point of the series. The turning point was the Warriors talking trash and disrespecting LeBron and getting cocky before the series was over. You don't bait one of the greatest players of all time. LeBron going into beast mode and playing at an all-time great level (along with Kyrie's play) was the turning point of the series. 

8 hours ago, notnilc20 said:

That Warriors win made me sick.  They have a horseshoe crammed up their @$S it's rediculous......also no matter what anyone says that Zaza foul was intentional.  Zaza was in front and slightly to the right of Leonard and He took an extra step to stick his foot on Leonards left side as he came down.....this was after he had tweaked it so Zaza knew he was vulnerable.  These guys know what they're doing.  Spurs fans must be sick right now.  

I saw that too. I think that should be an automatic flagrant 2 foul. Intentionally trying to injury someone like that is pathetic.

2 hours ago, TT_Grizz said:

Actually, I think I will take the bait.

• Draymond suspension wasn't "outside help", it was pure stupidity on his part. It had nothing to do with fortune or luck, but just plain stupidity. The NBA LITERALLY told him "stop hitting guys in the nuts or else you're suspended" and then he goes and does the exact same thing. Did his suspension give the Cavs an advantage in Game 5? Of course it did, but last I remember, he played in Game 6 and 7 as well, and they still couldn't get it done.
  • "Phantom Curry fouls" stop it. I've watched that Game 6 a number of times (I'm a huge LeBron fan), and it was clear that LeBron made a concentrated effort to attack Curry and get him into foul trouble early. I think *maybe* one of the 6 fouls was a 50/50 iffy call, but that happens, sometimes you get the call against you. Curry had 5 fouls on him and yet he still chose to play stupid and reach in on LeBron in the back-court (how not to play defense with foul trouble 101). Watch the replay, it's clear he got LeBron on the arm on that reach, a clear foul was called, he threw a hissy fit and got teched. I repeat, the unanimous MVP got fouled out in an elimination game in the Finals on the road, letting his team down, and then proceeded to throw his mouthguard at a fan like a child. Imagine LeBron did this and the outrage that would've ensued. 
  • Tristan Thompson is well-regarded around the league as one of the more versatile big-man defenders, and his ability to switch on pick and rolls on the smaller guy is one of the best in the league. His defense was huge that series and he was the 3rd most important Cav. He was not "holding Steph down". It's called physical defense. It's called the playoffs. Every single superstar has faced tougher, more physical defense in the playoffs, so stop acting like this was some league conspiracy against Curry that all of a sudden guys were allowed to hold him down. Physical, off-ball defense, welcome to the playoffs. 
  • The Iggy injury gave Cavs an advantage, yes, but when comparing it to the fortune of other teams injuries that Warriors have had fall their way, it's not as bad as what those other teams have had. If Iggy "couldn't walk" he wouldn't play. Game 6 was the only game where he looked real bad. As far as I know, he was playing crunch-time minutes in Game 7, and at that point, the "I'm hurt" excuse gets thrown out the window unless you're playing with a broken leg and 1 arm. Can't compare guys who are playing hurt (Iggy) to having your 2nd best player miss an entire series (Kyrie in 2015 finals). That's my point here.

People still wanna act like the Finals last year had some type of league conspiracy and script behind them. The Draymond suspension gave the Cavs an advantage, but it wasn't the turning point of the series. The turning point was the Warriors talking trash and disrespecting LeBron and getting cocky before the series was over. You don't bait one of the greatest players of all time. LeBron going into beast mode and playing at an all-time great level (along with Kyrie's play) was the turning point of the series. 

Ok, this is why I didn't want to talk about the Draymond suspension specifically, because it wasn't my point.  My point is that for all of the talk about how the Warriors are too small, shoot too many threes, get "lucky with injuries", etc. had Draymond been on the court in game 5, it would have been curtains for Cleveland.  Can we agree on that one simple point?  Because if we can't, seriously, let's just stop talking right now. 

And it still matters for games 6 and 7 because before that point, Cleveland had lost 8 of the last 9 games they played against the Warriors and clearly had little confidence that they could beat them.

As for the fouls on Steph, I remember all 6 fouls.  (I can't access youtube from this computer).  You talk about physical defense and how it's the playoffs, then say only "one of those was iffy 50/50?"  Please.  If we are using the league standards that we play physical defense in the playoffs and the other league standard that superstars usually have to kill someone in order to pick up a foul while in foul trouble, then foul 4 early in the 3rd on Kevin Love fighting under the basket for a rebound and barely touching his arm while going for the ball...are you freaking kidding me?  But you said this is called physical basketball and it's the playoffs??  Then foul 5 when he just straight up ripped Kyrie Irving?  Garbage calls and even foul 6 is usually not made against superstars.

And yeah Iggy played.  So if Kawai would have limped out there last night and  for game 2, then everything would have been all good?

Game 7 was pretty much called evenly as most predicted that it would be.

Draymond playing would have given the Warriors a better chance at winning. I wouldn't go so far as to say he was the one and only reason the Warriors lost or that having him play means the Warriors would automatically win Game 5. 

19 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Draymond playing would have given the Warriors a better chance at winning. I wouldn't go so far as to say he was the one and only reason the Warriors lost or that having him play means the Warriors would automatically win Game 5. 

Game 5 was a complete layup line for Cleveland when Draymond was out.  When other bigs like Speights or Barnes had to switch they werent nearly as effective and gave up wide open jumpers or layups. Thats what I mean by increased confidence for the rest of the series.

8 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Game 5 was a complete layup line for Cleveland when Draymond was out.  When other bigs like Speights or Barnes had to switch they werent nearly as effective and gave up open jumpers

That explains why not having Draymond caused a blowout loss. It doesn't correlate to having Draymond insuring a win. 

1 minute ago, chipc3 said:

That explains why not having Draymond caused a blowout loss. It doesn't correlate to having Draymond insuring a win. 

I dont think they had much confidence before that.

26 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Ok, this is why I didn't want to talk about the Draymond suspension specifically, because it wasn't my point.  My point is that for all of the talk about how the Warriors are too small, shoot too many threes, get "lucky with injuries", etc. had Draymond been on the court in game 5, it would have been curtains for Cleveland.  Can we agree on that one simple point?  Because if we can't, seriously, let's just stop talking right now. 

And it still matters for games 6 and 7 because before that point, Cleveland had lost 8 of the last 9 games they played against the Warriors and clearly had little confidence that they could beat them.

As for the fouls on Steph, I remember all 6 fouls.  (I can't access youtube from this computer).  You talk about physical defense and how it's the playoffs, then say only "one of those was iffy 50/50?"  Please.  If we are using the league standards that we play physical defense in the playoffs and the other league standard that superstars usually have to kill someone in order to pick up a foul while in foul trouble, then foul 4 early in the 3rd on Kevin Love fighting under the basket for a rebound and barely touching his arm while going for the ball...are you freaking kidding me?  But you said this is called physical basketball and it's the playoffs??  Then foul 5 when he just straight up ripped Kyrie Irving?  Garbage calls and even foul 6 is usually not made against superstars.

And yeah Iggy played.  So if Kawai would have limped out there last night and  for game 2, then everything would have been all good?

Game 7 was pretty much called evenly as most predicted that it would be.

No we can't agree on that because LeBron came out playing at an all-time great level in that game, and when LeBron plays like that, no one can stop him. 

And speaking of luck how about the luck of just playing in the East in general? The Warriors have to beat two or three contenders to be called legitimate champs but Lebron just has to beat one competitive team every single year. Lol.

7 minutes ago, Dwash said:

And speaking of luck how about the luck of just playing in the East in general? The Warriors have to beat two or three contenders to be called legitimate champs but Lebron just has to beat one competitive team every single year. Lol.

Other than OKC last yr, each opponent the Warriors have played in the last 3 playoffs have been on par with the Cavs opponents. Warriors played an injured Blazers and Jazz team so far, which one of those are contenders exactly? 

15 hours ago, MemphisX said:

His ankle and knee were so hurt he sat out of games and then rolled the same ankle back to back.  Ask Grant Hill if it is worth touching it out.

Plus they were winning the game so it was logical move to sit him. 

I'm sick and I'm not even a Spurs fan.

Hate the Warriors brand of basketball so much.. how lucky they get (faced 2 healthy teams in 3 years), and that they still cheat despite the all star team roster.

The illegal screens never called is pathetic.

17 minutes ago, TT_Grizz said:

Other than OKC last yr, each opponent the Warriors have played in the last 3 playoffs have been on par with the Cavs opponents. Warriors played an injured Blazers and Jazz team so far, which one of those are contenders exactly? 

My point exactly.  The opponents GSW has played even with injuries have been just as tough as Clevelands Lebrons EC opponents. Plus they played OKC. Even Memphis in 2015 was probably tougher than most of those teams. Yet GSW is always being questioned as not playing enough competition or being lucky not to have seen anyone, when Lebron is lucky right off the bat that there are no good teams in his conference.

36 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Thats pretty much true for most dynasty's tho.   East wasn't that great during Jordans' runs and Celtics won a ton of titles due to their simple path to finals.  

Let's also consider that Lebron really is so great that his level of play, and the level he is able to raise his teammates, makes the East look considerably worse than what it is at times.

Make no mistake, the East is weak. No question. I even went back and forth with IIWII a couple weeks ago about it. But Lebron is simply on another level.

9 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Thats pretty much true for most dynasty's tho.   East wasn't that great during Jordans' runs and Celtics won a ton of titles due to their simple path to finals.  

Dude, you old enough to remember that the East could atleast give Jordan a game. Shaqs Magic or Ewings Knicks or Millers Pacers or Mournings Heat werent gone get swept. The one sweep they didnt get last year against the Raptors they just started doubling Derozan in game 5 and 6 to get the series over with.

2 minutes ago, Memfizz said:

LeBron is really lucky as well.  Ray Allen anyone?

Lebron also lost to the Warriors without Kyrie and KLove, and to the Spurs with half of Dwyane Wade, and dragged a team with a poo poo platter of assorted crap to the Finals in '07

Also, the Heat are nowhere close to being in a position to win that game without Lebron's efforts prior to the last shot. Sometimes you're fortunate, sometimes you're not. They all even out.

Lebron's been lucky in some senses, but has had his fair share of misfortune as well.

6 minutes ago, GF#1 said:

Let's also consider that Lebron really is so great that his level of play, and the level he is able to raise his teammates, makes the East look considerably worse than what it is at times.

Make no mistake, the East is weak. No question. I even went back and forth with IIWII a couple weeks ago about it. But Lebron is simply on another level.

Lebron maybe great but there should be more reams with some size that could atleast make it interesting. Maybe Boston will make some moves this offseason and step up.

Just now, Dwash said:

Lebron maybe great but there should be more reams with some size that could atleast make it interesting. Maybe Boston will make some moves this offseason and step up.

I too would like for Lebron to have more competition. Imagine if there was a Celtics team like what the big three had with Rondo and Doc. That was some fun basketball to watch.

1 minute ago, GF#1 said:

I too would like for Lebron to have more competition. Imagine if there was a Celtics team like what the big three had with Rondo and Doc. That was some fun basketball to watch.

Yeah that was a great team. Then guys like Posey and Perkins. Not enough players like that going around today.