Sign in to follow this  
Memfizz

What's really depressing is we could have beat these Rockets

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, MemphisX said:

So that must mean Conley is still playing right? How many times has Conley left round 1?

Do you have a point? Oh I forgot Lowry leads his team on his back successfully to the ECF every year in the ultra competitive East :lol::lol::lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
I dunno if we could've beaten these Rockets when we couldn't beat the Spurs. But I do know that Kawhi just threw down the greatest missed dunk of all time oh my gawd‎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, cdp said:
 
I dunno if we could've beaten these Rockets when we couldn't beat the Spurs. But I do know that Kawhi just threw down the greatest missed dunk of all time oh my gawd‎

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, MemphisX said:

So that must mean Conley is still playing right? How many times has Conley left round 1?

LOL this doesn't make any sense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah we could have beat these Rockets.  Not these disciplined Spurs though.

They're lost without the 3. Y'all just want flash and fall for that ****.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO we would have beat the Rockets 4-2. I always thought they were our best bet to move forward. 

Against the Spurs, without TA we had no shot. We typically do a good job on everyone else other than Kawhi. TA was the only one that would have slowed him down and he had to get f'ing injured again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else watching Dejounte Murray, who was obviously better than Wade Baldwin in this past draft and taken after our pick, showing out in a Western Conference semifinal elimination game while our rookie 1st round pick couldn't beat out Tony Douglas?

th?id=OIP.V1Dq1FKsXclI-KV7oiQVsgCWDX&pid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Memfizz said:

Yeah we could have beat these Rockets.  Not these disciplined Spurs though.

They're lost without the 3. Y'all just want flash and fall for that ****.

Spurs are giving Rockets the bizness, and its all been through LMA. When he has got going and Pop is playing offense through LMA Rockets have no answer.

Sigh....and to think Zbo gives LMA fits and mostly ends up on top in battles....even in the last series....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Anyone else watching Dejounte Murray, who was obviously better than Wade Baldwin in this past draft and taken after our pick, showing out in a Western Conference semifinal elimination game?

th?id=OIP.V1Dq1FKsXclI-KV7oiQVsgCWDX&pid

I said it months ago, when he had that big 20+ game but the brothers here said "he'll cool down"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, grizz1016 said:

IMO we would have beat the Rockets 4-2. I always thought they were our best bet to move forward. 

Against the Spurs, without TA we had no shot. We typically do a good job on everyone else other than Kawhi. TA was the only one that would have slowed him down and he had to get f'ing injured again.

And their 2 biggest killers had to get injured AFTER playing us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

I said it months ago, when he had that big 20+ game but the brothers here said "he'll cool down"

The guy looks smooth, but Baldwin has shown flashes as well. Murray does look like a Shoeder clone though. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was clearly something wrong with Harden. Some speculate concussion cause he was terrible ever since Pau Gasol hit him in the head in qtr 4 of game 5.

Talk about the Rockets style all you want of shooting threes but we all know James Harden playing that bad and disengaged isnt normal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Dwash said:

There was clearly something wrong with Harden. Some speculate concussion cause he was terrible ever since Pau Gasol hit him in the head in qtr 4 of game 5.

Talk about the Rockets style all you want of shooting threes but we all know James Harden playing that bad and disengaged isnt normal.

Mike is better than Harden and he proves it every playoffs. Just like Kyle Lowry, Harden is a choker and shrinks during the playoffs. Guys like Conley and Chris Paul rise to the occasion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Mike is better than Harden and he proves it every playoffs. Just like Kyle Lowry, Harden is a choker and shrinks during the playoffs. Guys like Conley and Chris Paul rise to the occasion. 

Not again. Please stop. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Mike is better than Harden and he proves it every playoffs. Just like Kyle Lowry, Harden is a choker and shrinks during the playoffs. Guys like Conley and Chris Paul rise to the occasion. 

Trust me if Mike Conley shot 2-11 for 10 points in an elimination game 6 nobody outside of a few people in Memphis would be asking what happened to him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Trust me if Mike Conley shot 2-11 for 10 points in an elimination game 6 nobody outside of a few people in Memphis would be asking what happened to him.

Oh yeah they would: they'd be all over him about his max deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Oh yeah they would: they'd be all over him about his max deal.

Yeah not because they really expected better. 

When he went 4-15 in game 4 of 2015 against GSW when they had them on the ropes...crickets.

When he rose to the occassion with 3-13 in game 6 of that series. Nothing.

Chance to finish the Thunder in game 6 of 2014 series at home. He "rose to the occassion" with 2-10 shooting.  No one cared we just shrugged and moved on.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Yeah not because they really expected better. 

When he went 4-15 in game 4 of 2015 against GSW when they had them on the ropes...crickets.

When he rose to the occassion with 3-13 in game 6 of that series. Nothing.

Chance to finish the Thunder in game 6 of 2014 series at home. He "rose to the occassion" with 2-10 shooting.  No one cared we just shrugged and moved on.

 

In 2015, you mean after he had metal put in his face 1 week before? Come on man. Also, I guess you don't remember that in game 6 of OKC Mike left in the 4rd quarter after only playing 30 seconds of it.

Conley has some okay games in the playoffs, but usually his bad games are due to being hurt, and even then he can still put up great games like the game gainst the warriors where he put up 20 points after surgery. Please don't compare chokers to mike conley. You won't win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kevin B Moses said:

In 2015, you mean after he had metal put in his face 1 week before? Come on man. Also, I guess you don't remember that in game 6 of OKC Mike left in the 4rd quarter after only playing 30 seconds of it.

Conley has some okay games in the playoffs, but usually his bad games are due to being hurt, and even then he can still put up great games like the game gainst the warriors where he put up 20 points after surgery. Please don't compare chokers to mike conley. You won't win.

He played fine in game 2 of the GSW series. Metal in his face? So what? These guys numb that sucker and move on.

His problem was called Klay Thompson.

He wasnt hurt WHILE HE WAS PLAYING during that Thunder game. And he stunk.  He left because they were getting blown out.  Dumb argument.

Harden obviously was not himself taking 2 shots in the first half last night. He had an injured ankle of game 4 of the Thunder series.  A lot of guys are hurt.  No special passes being handed out this time of year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dwash said:

There was clearly something wrong with Harden. Some speculate concussion cause he was terrible ever since Pau Gasol hit him in the head in qtr 4 of game 5.

Talk about the Rockets style all you want of shooting threes but we all know James Harden playing that bad and disengaged isnt normal.

Wtf are you talking about.  Harden shrinks every big playoff moment.  This isn't anything new.  All you that slobber over Harden must be so bummed..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So glad I don't fall for fool's gold players like Lowry and Harden. Their so predictable, fall apart as soon as the pressure is up and defenses gameplan.

Remember when Harden had 13 turnovers in last year's elimination game vs the Warriors?  Not just a choker. Epic choker.  Lowry ain't much better, he has less responsibility and disappears 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Memfizz said:

Wtf are you talking about.  Harden shrinks every big playoff moment.  This isn't anything new.  All you that slobber over Harden must be so bummed..

Even when he "shrinks" in the playoffs he is still usually (other than this year) bigger than Conley who has done next to nothing many times with the season on the line.

I could see Harden with a bunch of turnovers. Since he led the league in them.  Or missing a lot of threes since he takes a lot. Or keep trying to draw fouls and it not working. Thats usually how he goes out when he fails. Teams expose his lack of a mid range pull up game too at times. Yeah I got all of his flaws down and fully understand.

If you cant acknowledge that 2 shot attempts in the first half and just extremely passive play indicates something wrong then you are just being dishonest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No.  Harden has a history of doing this in the big moments, even back to his NCAA tournament days at Arizona State.

Read his draft profile here. (Note: Of course I wish the Grizzlies and Heisley hadn't fallen for OKC's bluff about wanting Hakeem, and had drafted Harden instead).

Highlights:

On the other hand, James Harden had yet another underwhelming NCAA tournament performance, concluding a weekend that will raise eyebrows even amongst his biggest supporters, and clearly opening up the discussion for who the third best prospect in the draft is after Blake Griffin and Ricky Rubio (if he declares). The concerns around Harden have always revolved around whether or not he has enough of a go-to mentality to warrant being picked in the top-5, as most teams would obviously like to get a franchise caliber talent that high in the draft. This weekend put those questions right back onto the table. Harden had yet another passive, lethargic start, similar to the way he performed in the first half against Temple. He actually finished the first half without a single point, and wasnt able to pick up a field goal until the 9:30 mark in the second half. - Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/James-Harden-1241/ ©DraftExpress

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this