Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Memfizz

What's really depressing is we could have beat these Rockets

324 posts in this topic

and i do not see any superstar coming soon

1 hour ago, MemphisX said:

Hmmm, yeah Harden is the MVP but a non-AllStar is better than him.

Conely's numbers are better against the spurs, by a mile than Harden's against the spurs. Do you just mindlessly post? Conley is better.

They're two completely different kinds of player. Silly to even compare them

4 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Conely's numbers are better against the spurs, by a mile than Harden's against the spurs. Do you just mindlessly post? Conley is better.

Yes, yes he does.  I can't stand Harden, but I can't say who is officially better. Conley is all around good, can run a team and hit important baskets.  Harden is strictly a scorer but he does have quality passes at times.  

If Conley got preferential ref treatment, he'd be a superstar. Think of tacking on 6 free throws a game for him. It would change the entire dynamic.  He can get to his spots and then it's up to the refs if they're going to let a team molest him or not.

Harden without the pathetic foul calls is just a skilled scorer/finisher.  But he always goes for fouls anyways because I don't think he's in great shape. He gets tired and resorts to that all. Fakest star of all time..  he doesn't need to do that to be good though, he just chooses to.

It's a Memphis thing mixed with no flashy stars.

7 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

You do realize people can go back and look up stats dont you?

1st game 24pts 15ast 12rbs

2nd game 25pts 13ast 11rbs

3rd game 31pts 7ast 10rbs

4th game 39pts 12ast 3rbs

Game 1 20pts 14ast 1rbs

Game 2 13pts 10ast 7rbs

Game 3 39pts 5ast 2rbs

1 hour ago, Allen said:

Game 1 20pts 14ast 1rbs

Game 2 13pts 10ast 7rbs

Game 3 39pts 5ast 2rbs

You do realize that I said against the spurs, right?

Take a look at shooting percentage, and points against Mike's numbers against the spurs.

Harden: 25.3, 3.3 boards, 9.7 assists. .397 and .333 from 3. ORTG: 115

http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2017-nba-western-conference-semifinals-rockets-vs-spurs.html

Conley:

24.7, 3.3 boards, 7.0 assists. .485, .447 from 3. ORTG: 125

http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2017-nba-western-conference-first-round-grizzlies-vs-spurs.html

9 minutes ago, Allen said:

Game 1 20pts 14ast 1rbs

Game 2 13pts 10ast 7rbs

Game 3 39pts 5ast 2rbs

Good to know you don't value fg% or garbage time points.  Your opinion is invalid.

7 minutes ago, Memfizz said:

Good to know you don't value fg% or garbage time points.  Your opinion is invalid.

Memfizz, it ain't even that. Go up and look at my post again. I added the real stats. Harden is less than a point better than Conley, and conley kills him in intangibles.

8 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Memfizz, it ain't even that. Go up and look at my post again. I added the real stats. Harden is less than a point better than Conley, and conley kills him in intangibles.

Ik I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm talking about how Harden scored 9ish points in garbage time last game after a pretty bad performance 

That said, I put $$ on the Rockets to win the series with +250 odds at the time.  I hope they do it for that selfish sake but I still think we could have beat them with the way the way they stumble when you slow it down.

10 minutes ago, Memfizz said:

Ik I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm talking about how Harden scored 9ish points in garbage time last game after a pretty bad performance 

It just proves that these people on the boards won't give Conley his due, even when it is clear he's better. I don't understand it.

9 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

It just proves that these people on the boards won't give Conley his due, even when it is clear he's better. I don't understand it.

Miserable Memphis.  Just a thing people get comfortable with.  Aside from Gasol disappointing and inability to buy in, this was the most exciting team by far for me since 2011 run.  I probably likes this team overall better too, just top to bottom a great group of guys and fun having a sharpshooter like Daniels.

It's really a shame we played the Spurs or are in the West in general.  We'd compete easily in ECF in the east.  We'd compete with anyone out here except Spurs, who have our number, refs, and probably GSW if they are clicking.

52 minutes ago, Memfizz said:

Miserable Memphis.  Just a thing people get comfortable with.  Aside from Gasol disappointing and inability to buy in, this was the most exciting team by far for me since 2011 run.  I probably likes this team overall better too, just top to bottom a great group of guys and fun having a sharpshooter like Daniels.

It's really a shame we played the Spurs or are in the West in general.  We'd compete easily in ECF in the east.  We'd compete with anyone out here except Spurs, who have our number, refs, and probably GSW if they are clicking.

Mike Conley also has the 5th best PER in the entire playoffs. 1. Kawhi 2. Lebron. 3. Chris Paul. 4. Westbrook 5. Conley, ahead of James Harden.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_2017_leaders.html

Only a homer would look at a rotation that included Harrison, Selden, Ennis and a 40 year old  and think they had a chance. With a healthy Parson and TA maybe but not with the group we had out there this year. The roster stinks and with no cap space no picks and a continuously aging core will probably stink worst next year.

Lol miserable Memphians strikes again. Look at who the Spurs are starting/playing?  Rookies, 40 year old players, a hit or miss Pau & Aldridge.

It's about the system and the present, not when you got drafted 

The Spurs have a top 5 player though

7 minutes ago, Memfizz said:

Lol miserable Memphians strikes again. Look at who the Spurs are starting/playing?  Rookies, 40 year old players, a hit or miss Pau & Aldridge.

It's about the system and the present, not when you got drafted 

People continue to believe that the grizzlies have no future with our rookies, simply because they didn't set the world on fire this season. I think it is pretty clear that if Vince Carter and Marc Gasol are praising you, you are a good player, or will be: Deyonta Davis. Mike has said that he likes what he's seen from Wade Baldwin, and Wade is so thankful that he is on the grizzlies and getting taught the right way to play basketball. And Harrison has already made a playoff game winning play in his first series.

But yeah, we just have nothing but aging players and that's it.

25 minutes ago, Allen said:

The Spurs have a top 5 player though

Who our top 20 player matched beat for beat in more than 1 game.  Kawhi is a top 2 player in my eyes anyway. 

1 hour ago, Memfizz said:

Who our top 20 player matched beat for beat in more than 1 game.  Kawhi is a top 2 player in my eyes anyway. 

The miserable are all up in arms about the fact that Mike Conley emphatically put his stamp as an alpha #1 in the playoffs. He has a better per than John Wall, Lillard, Steph Curry, Derozan, little Thomas, and everybody else in the playoffs.

The grizzlies consistently show that their style is better than the Torontos, and rockets of the world.

The facts are that other than KD, Kawhi and Lebron, and Chris Paul, Mike Conley is a better player than everybody in the league in the playoffs. He's proved it. So all of this snickering, about, they have stars and we have betas is a joke and doesn't reflect reality. Conley is a star and like Charles said, he is worth ever **** dollar he's gotten in this league.  

19 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

The miserable are all up in arms about the fact that Mike Conley emphatically put his stamp as an alpha #1 in the playoffs. He has a better per than John Wall, Lillard, Steph Curry, Derozan, little Thomas, and everybody else in the playoffs.

The grizzlies consistently show that their style is better than the Torontos, and rockets of the world.

The facts are that other than KD, Kawhi and Lebron, and Chris Paul, Mike Conley is a better player than everybody in the league in the playoffs. He's proved it. So all of this snickering, about, they have stars and we have betas is a joke and doesn't reflect reality. Conley is a star and like Charles said, he is worth ever **** dollar he's gotten in this league.  

Oh no question. That's why it's annoying to watch us get bounced in the first round against teams that we should be seeing in the WCF.  Getting a 7 seed is going to bite you, how often does a 7 seed advance.  

But the truth is, if Gasol shows up, we have a chance against ANYBODY, including the Warriors imo.  We have good enough role players, good enough defense, and good enough half court style of play.  If he doesn't show up we are limited.  Take any teams star or second star player and if they don't show they don't win simple as that.  It's ******* simple.  Aldridge struggled for the Spurs and they get blown the **** out by the Rockets.  If Kyrie or LeBron don't show up, they aren't going to look good.  Lowry of Derozan don't show up and they lose.  Gasol doesn't show up and I'm surprised we even won twice.

Need to find someone who shows up to replace him.

7 hours ago, MemphisX said:

Hmmm, yeah Harden is the MVP but a non-AllStar is better than him.

Harden is the MVP?  When did that happen?  I couldn't find it on NBA.com.  Both Westbrook and Kawhi had better seasons, IMO.  I just can't see a guy who only plays on one end of the floor and flops in the lane to draw fouls on the other end as the league MVP.  If he has won the award it may be time to reevaluate the meaningfulness of the honor.

John Wall is clearly playing the best out of everyone not named Lebron/Kawhi, let's pretend like we're still watching games. 

And he's actually playing against good pg's with Schroeder, Thomas and Bradley. No guard is a better two way player than Wall, solidified himself as the 2nd best point guard in the game after Curry. 

31 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Harden is the MVP?  When did that happen?  I couldn't find it on NBA.com.  Both Westbrook and Kawhi had better seasons, IMO.  I just can't see a guy who only plays on one end of the floor and flops in the lane to draw fouls on the other end as the league MVP.  If he has won the award it may be time to reevaluate the meaningfulness of the honor.

Umm because Harden 55 win Rockets grossly overacheived and would probably win 30 games at best without him.  Its called "Most Valuable Player" not "Most Tenacious" or "Most Honorable and Dignified" so his overblown flopping (he is still a great scorer) and pretty false defensive reputation mean nothing.

Stay in your bubbles. Please don't venture off this board to NBA fans thinking you will get agreement on Conley being better than Harden.

I will put up any sum that Harden is 1st team All NBA and Conley is not.  But I am sure that makes me a miserable and the rest of the basketball world is conspiring against Conley's greatness.