Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Memfizz

What's really depressing is we could have beat these Rockets

274 posts in this topic

On 5/18/2017 at 1:32 PM, chipc3 said:

Well no one was going to beat the Warriors in the playoffs this season. However, a healthy Kawhi and Tony Parker could have made it a lot more interesting. 

Would love to see GSW play a series with say Curry and Draymond Green OUT.  SAS is without Parker who caught fire against us and was playing his best ball of the season and Leonard is not going to be effective even if he is able to limp out on the court.  Things just work out for GSW.  Their biggest worry is when Durant was coming back.  They are so so fortunate.  Dont get me wrong, they are really really good, but like the year we had them down 2-1, Mike had a broken face and TA had a tweaked hammy.  If MEM is equally as healthy as GSW that year, who knows what happens?  

I love how all the pundits and the GSW players act like beating SAS without 2 freakin starters (and one of those starters is a legitimate MVP candidate who is probably the best 2 way player in the league) is a super great accomplishment.  I am sick of GSW.  I hope CLE wipes the floor with them.  Durant made his weak move and left Westbrook and OKC to go join a team that had already proven they could win the title without him.  I have no respect for that.  He is simply a ring chaser and it will probably work out for him but I know Jordan or Magic would not have left their teams to go chase a ring.  Anyway,  Im pulling for Pop and SAS.  Its a tall order without 2 starters, but hopefully he can make it competitive against the charmed darling Warriors.

I can tell you one thing: Cavs-Warriors III is gonna be one hell of a series

4 hours ago, cdp said:

I can tell you one thing: Cavs-Warriors III is gonna be one hell of a series

This is true.

On 5/18/2017 at 1:32 PM, chipc3 said:

Well no one was going to beat the Warriors in the playoffs this season. However, a healthy Kawhi and Tony Parker could have made it a lot more interesting. 

LeBron will beat them again. He wants it even more this year. The p****** on GS aren't gonna be able to stop him no matter how talented they may be, especially when they're not getting any calls.

17 hours ago, Dwash said:

EC is terrible.

Boston's 53 wins would typically be a 4th - 6th seed in the West over the last few years.

And that 53 wins is a credit to their effort, not their talent.  

They went 17-13 against the West.  For an EC champion, that's really really mediocre.

Again, that is a credit to their effort and coaching, but they aren't that good, and I still think the Grizzlies losses to them were bad losses.

IT done for the playoffs. Possibly Kawhi too. If the Celtics n Spurs weren't done already they're overcooked now.

1 hour ago, cdp said:

IT done for the playoffs. Possibly Kawhi too. If the Celtics n Spurs weren't done already they're overcooked now.

First Lowry now IT. Lucky dogs.

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

First Lowry now IT. Lucky dogs.

Both series were over before those guys got injured. Its still good fortune to have your opponents have injuries, yeah, but Cavs were already in control of both series before those injuries happened.

1 hour ago, TT_Grizz said:

Both series were over before those guys got injured. Its still good fortune to have your opponents have injuries, yeah, but Cavs were already in control of both series before those injuries happened.

Yup...the East is turrible

IMO every playoff team in the West except the Blazers would have beat any PO team in the east in a 7 game series other than the Cavs.

1 hour ago, grizz1016 said:

Yup...the East is turrible

IMO every playoff team in the West except the Blazers would have beat any PO team in the east in a 7 game series other than the Cavs.

Yeah that's not even remotely true. West is starting to get really overrated. Grizzlies wouldn't beat the Celtics or Wizards in a 7-game series. We'd struggle with the Bucks due to their length and Raptors would probably beat us as well. Same goes for OKC and Utah, good teams, but Wiz, Celtics would beat them. LeBron's dominance makes the East look bad. Other then Warriors and Spurs the West is nothing special. I rated Houston pretty highly but then they got slapped in an elimination game at home vs Spurs without Kawhi, so I don't want to hear about them. 

Celtics would have lost to the Bulls if Rondo didnt get hurt. 

What the West teams like the Rockets, Clippers, Jazz, Thunder and Grizzlies have over a team like the Celtics is better superstar power who can impose their will on the game and/or more physicality than a team like the Celtics.

Thats why you saw even in a sweep Indiana put up a better fight because of PG13, but Indiana didnt have enough shooting around him so he was too easy to double. Guys like IT and Lowry are too easy to take out of the game in the playoffs. I respect Greek Freak but he isnt a scorer. He needs Parker. Washington is a tougher team due to Wall but they lack down the stretch scoring and any kind of defensive leader upfront. Derozan is good but he is kinda easy to double team because he has no range and isnt a good passer.

At the end of the day guys like Harden,Westbrook, CP13, PG13, Wall usually make you sweat for 48 minutes. No one on Boston can do that. Conley did it this year too. The bigs on teams like the Clips,Jazz, Grizz, Thunder are gone be more of a load to handle in the paint than most of these EC teams.

Uh, what superstar is on the Grizz that imposes his will on opponents? Jazz? 

Thomas was better than Conley all year and through the playoffs. And like Thomas, Conley would not be imposing his will on LeBron.

Grizzlies were nothing special this season and trying to piggyback on the Warriors to act like they were part of some great conference is just silly.

Thomas and Giannis would absolutely kill us, stop it. I love Conley and he had an amazing series but he's not a superstar. Like MemphisX said, Thomas has been better all year long, and he'd kill us in a series. Not to mention Boston could've hid him on defense on Selden/Harrison when they got minutes, which they did all series long. The Greek Freak would destroy us, he's one of the biggest matchup problems in the league. 

Agree with MemphisX here, Memphis gave the Spurs a bit of a fight for a few games but we were nothing special all season. We stepped up our play in the playoffs and I was very proud of our fight (other than Marc), but let's not act like we're some elite team or something. Majority of the teams in the East would beat us in a 7-game series. 

51 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

Uh, what superstar is on the Grizz that imposes his will on opponents? Jazz? 

Thomas was better than Conley all year and through the playoffs. And like Thomas, Conley would not be imposing his will on LeBron.

Grizzlies were nothing special this season and trying to piggyback on the Warriors to act like they were part of some great conference is just silly.

Did you notice the word "and/or?" Boston not only has a small star that is easy to double team, they are very small at every position. They would struggle with even OKC in a playoff series and probably lose.

Lord knows Im not calling Conley a superstar, but he played very well against Kawai and the Spurs who are as tough defensively as anyone.

4 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Did you notice the word "and/or?" Boston not only has a small star that is easy to double team, they are very small at every position.

Lord knows Im not calling Conley a superstar, but he played very well against Kawai and the Spurs who are as tough defensively as anyone.

You're right about Boston's size, they are very small. But I disagree about Thomas, you say he's easy to double team and take out of a game, yet he averaged 27 and 7 on 45%, 46%, 85% shooting splits vs Washington going up against John Wall. 

2 minutes ago, TT_Grizz said:

You're right about Boston's size, they are very small. But I disagree about Thomas, you say he's easy to double team and take out of a game, yet he averaged 27 and 7 on 45%, 46%, 85% shooting splits vs Washington going up against John Wall. 

Washington isnt good defensively. The games I saw he did a lot of damage off picks and bad switches. You act like he was out there squaring up Wall one on one.

You don't get to wait until a player/team is playing against one of the top 2 teams and try and draw conclusions based on that match up.  Thomas has been great all season and in the playoffs.  The Grizzlies got whipped in their own building.  They didn't even win 50 games.  They are pretty meh.  I am not going to say they are better than the EC best team especially when they didn't show it this season.

It's like people want to pretend the Grizzlies were not mediocre this season.  Cavs would have killed the West teams also,

There is no way they would have taken Harden, Westbrook or CP3 out of the game as easily as they took IT out of the game. Nor would they have abused any of these teams physically the way they are abusing the Celtics small team.

11 hours ago, TT_Grizz said:

Yeah that's not even remotely true. West is starting to get really overrated. Grizzlies wouldn't beat the Celtics or Wizards in a 7-game series. We'd struggle with the Bucks due to their length and Raptors would probably beat us as well. Same goes for OKC and Utah, good teams, but Wiz, Celtics would beat them. LeBron's dominance makes the East look bad. Other then Warriors and Spurs the West is nothing special. I rated Houston pretty highly but then they got slapped in an elimination game at home vs Spurs without Kawhi, so I don't want to hear about them. 

Totally true any PO team in the West 1-7 would beat any PO team in the East other than the Cavs in a 7 game series

you are grossly overrating the East

It's all about matchups 

Heck the one seed Celtics were 17-13 against the West. Other the the Cavs, there isn't a single team in the East that would scare any PO team in the West 1-7. The Celts would put up a tough fight but they would eventually lose. There's no point talking about the Wiz...lack of a bench would have doomed them.

3 hours ago, MemphisX said:

You don't get to wait until a player/team is playing against one of the top 2 teams and try and draw conclusions based on that match up.  Thomas has been great all season and in the playoffs.  The Grizzlies got whipped in their own building.  They didn't even win 50 games.  They are pretty meh.  I am not going to say they are better than the EC best team especially when they didn't show it this season.

It's like people want to pretend the Grizzlies were not mediocre this season.  Cavs would have killed the West teams also,

The Celtics were the #1 seed in the east and they are getting blown out by an inferior team by record in their league this season. Obviously you like to make points that are convenient for you.

The reason the grizzlies thrive in the playoffs and are never blown out is because teams are going to slow you down in the playoffs and unless you can play in the half court, you might as well go home.

IT is just like so many other analytics driven players that the league loves. A shoot first point guard that doesn't know how to run a team when he needs to. I know you hate conley, but there is no evidence that any of these players you worship can hold a candle to conley or chris paul for a true pg that can do more than just poop his pants when his shot ain't falling.

5 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

The Celtics were the #1 seed in the east and they are getting blown out by an inferior team by record in their league this season. Obviously you like to make points that are convenient for you.

The reason the grizzlies thrive in the playoffs and are never blown out is because teams are going to slow you down in the playoffs and unless you can play in the half court, you might as well go home.

IT is just like so many other analytics driven players that the league loves. A shoot first point guard that doesn't know how to run a team when he needs to. I know you hate conley, but there is no evidence that any of these players you worship can hold a candle to conley or chris paul for a true pg that can do more than just poop his pants when his shot ain't falling.

Grizz have been blown out plenty of times in the playoffs including their last playoff game. The way you talk about the Grizz and Conley, you would think they had done more in the playoffs other than being a tough out. Which means very little in the first round.