Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Memfizz

What's really depressing is we could have beat these Rockets

274 posts in this topic

Spurs are playing not that well at all, but our style ever since G1 vs the Rockets.

They're playing a 2 man Aldridge Gasol INSIDE game with using a lot of clock and calculated passes.  It's killing the Rockets flow right now and they look like ****.

We need to play better in regular season to secure a better seed, we owe it to ourselves. Or we need to have a cast full of guys who believe and don't give up so much. 

We use to have a lot of those guys, right now I can only think of Gasol.

The grizzlies are better than people think. We are still one of the only teams that play traditional basketball and still beat the mighty teams with it. It's because if you are a good to great half court team and the grizzlies are you can beat just about any team that is mindlessly throwing up threes.

No...the Spurs two bigs are long. They also attack Harden when he's guarding one of them. Ours...not so much.

We are not better than any team still playing.

4 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

No...the Spurs two bigs are long. They also attack Harden when he's guarding one of them. Ours...not so much.

That's why Harden scored 43. lol

the spurs won the last two spurs/ G.S  . G.S IN 5

6 hours ago, MemphisX said:

Agreed. We are not better than any team still in the playoffs. We would not have beaten the Rockets. Harden would have lit us up for 50 per game.

1 hour ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

Agreed. We are not better than any team still in the playoffs. We would not have beaten the Rockets. Harden would have lit us up for 50 per game.

Same people who said the grizzlies would be lucky to win one game. Isn't this act tiring? The same old doomsday scenario every year. The rockets and any team in the east other than bron's, all play this style you crave and they get embarrassed by the cavs and warriors every year.

The only teams that hang with them are okc, grizz and the spurs. And okc was a team of stars, more in line with the warriors than the grizzlies.

Mindless 3 point shooting doesn't win in the playoffs, period. You see it every year.

30 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Same people who said the grizzlies would be lucky to win one game. Isn't this act tiring? The same old doomsday scenario every year. The rockets and any team in the east other than bron's, all play this style you crave and they get embarrassed by the cavs and warriors every year.

The only teams that hang with them are okc, grizz and the spurs. And okc was a team of stars, more in line with the warriors than the grizzlies.

Mindless 3 point shooting doesn't win in the playoffs, period. You see it every year.

What? Where did I say the Grizz would be lucky to win one game? WTF are you talking about?

Anyway, if the Grizz would have gotten by the Spurs (which wasn't happening), they would have struggled with the Rockets. The fact is they were missing 2 starters in TA and Parsons. TA would have missed at least half of that series. It was obvious that rookies weren't going to get it done. It was obvious that Marc was not going to take over. Conley cannot outscore Harden and couldn't do it by himself and then you had Eric Gordon and then Lou Williams off of the bench. Way too much firepower for our inconsistent defense. 

If this team was at full power and everyone was healthy, yeah, they probably could have beat the Spurs and yeah they probably could have beat Houston. The problem is, this team has not been at full power in the playoffs in a while. The team last year should have never been in the playoffs. That's just being realistic and not only that, we did all of that to make the playoffs last year so that we could keep our first round pick only to spend it on Wade Baldwin.We would have been better off missing the playoffs last year, losing our pick and having a pick in this year's draft which is deeper. 

29 minutes ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

What? Where did I say the Grizz would be lucky to win one game? WTF are you talking about?

Anyway, if the Grizz would have gotten by the Spurs (which wasn't happening), they would have struggled with the Rockets. The fact is they were missing 2 starters in TA and Parsons. TA would have missed at least half of that series. It was obvious that rookies weren't going to get it done. It was obvious that Marc was not going to take over. Conley cannot outscore Harden and couldn't do it by himself and then you had Eric Gordon and then Lou Williams off of the bench. Way too much firepower for our inconsistent defense. 

If this team was at full power and everyone was healthy, yeah, they probably could have beat the Spurs and yeah they probably could have beat Houston. The problem is, this team has not been at full power in the playoffs in a while. The team last year should have never been in the playoffs. That's just being realistic and not only that, we did all of that to make the playoffs last year so that we could keep our first round pick only to spend it on Wade Baldwin.We would have been better off missing the playoffs last year, losing our pick and having a pick in this year's draft which is deeper. 

All I am trying to point out is that people that act like the Rockets, Toronto (likely either team of the Wizards or the Celtics) are somehow so superior to the grizzlies must have a grudge against the team. The rockets and Toronto are laughingstocks. The grizzlies style wins more often in the playoffs than any of these teams. The grizzlies were a whisker away from taking the spurs where they didn't want to go, playing 3 dleague guys. I just can't stand the blatant disrespect. 

4 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

All I am trying to point out is that people that act like the Rockets, Toronto (likely either team of the Wizards or the Celtics) are somehow so superior to the grizzlies must have a grudge against the team. The rockets and Toronto are laughingstocks. The grizzlies style wins more often in the playoffs than any of these teams. The grizzlies were a whisker away from taking the spurs where they didn't want to go, playing 3 dleague guys. I just can't stand the blatant disrespect. 

Once again, you do realize that the Grizz are not a full strength right? It's one thing to talk about what we can do while healthy against those teams, but that's not reality. The reality is that we are missing one of the best defensive players in the game and a 6'10" guy who was supposed to give us scoring and playmaking at the 3. Those are 2 humongous losses. We are replacing them with a 40-year-old VC, a journeyman bench player in Ennis and rookies like Selden (who hasn't even played half an NBA season), Harrison and Baldwin. We are just overmatched right now, but yes, I agree, if we were at full strength we could cause some problems. The reality is, we are not and have not been in the playoffs for awhile. 

This team was fairly healthy and won 43 games. Barely above .500.

Yet for another year wehave to hear about what if they coulda played/avoided this team or if x player was healthy.

Its over. People call these teams better because they win more games. Not because they "shoot more threes" or "have a prettier offense."  That isnt hard to understand.

Do you guys even watch this series?  The confidence level of some of you guys is on that Marc Gasol level.

Spurs are literally employing our style of basketball on the Rockets, not just slowing it down but the same pace and shot clock usage, half court press on the perimeter we were using in the playoffs. 

Harden scored 43 vs Spurs.. The team looks like crap when slowed down regardless of his points.  It looks like when we played Rockets regular season, they couldn't get in rhythm in any of our wins and hated being slowed down.

We would have lost to GS if we did make it there, but it would have been a fun series and better than R1 exit.

You can say all you want about our record, truth is we dropped a **** ton of games against teams like the Nets. We definitely don't match up against the Spurs well because they're a more disciplined version of us.

Grizzlies actively tanked at the end of the season to stay at the 7th spot because they thought they matched up better with the Spurs, let's not rewrite history.

Lol they dropped games to below .500 teams all year.  I guess we do match up well if Gasol shows up.

The Spurs are also longer overall, have better shooters, more guys on offense with IQ and.... Kawai.

This matters.

I mean if the Spurs are just copying the Grizzlies blue print and they just smashed the Grizz 4-2...arent they clearly better in some  type of way even with the same style?

2 hours ago, Dwash said:

The Spurs are also longer overall, have better shooters, more guys on offense with IQ and.... Kawai.

This matters.

I mean if the Spurs are just copying the Grizzlies blue print and they just smashed the Grizz 4-2...arent they clearly better in some  type of way even with the same style?

Yeah, I don't believe the notion that the Grizzlies are better than the Spurs.  The Spurs are much deeper with quality veterans, shooters, and probably the best defender in the league who can also score better than any of our guys, not to mention a HoF coach.  When they play I just always hope that the Grizzlies play very hard and get a little lucky.  If the Grizzlies played their best they could have a chance against nearly anyone, but everyone has to show up.

I will never have any FAITH with the houston rockets coach 

We would beat this Rockets team in a series.  We lose to this Spurs team 9 times out of 10

I'm not so sure we can beat these rockets even though we DO have a far better team.   The reason is officiating.  Harden would shoot 28 free throws by himself while the grizz had 17 free throws as a team.  It's all about popular players with commercials in the nba these days. 

I'm becoming less and less a nba fan every year.  I haven't even watched the playoffs since the grizz got ousted.  I'm not missing anything.  The nba is not about real skills anymore.  It's so boring to watch players manipulate officials and watching officials give certain players or teams all of the calls.  It's also boring watching a bunch of all stars group up on one team so they can finally win a championship.

By what metric are you using to say we have a better team?

9 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

By what metric are you using to say we have a better team?

Gut instinct.

I'll take it even further. James Harden is not a better player than Mike Conley. He is a slightly better scorer, but if we are talking about running the team, harden is very poor at that job. Mike can run the grizzlies to the point that it makes it difficult for other teams to get in rhythm, knows how to get others playing their best basketball. Harden just knows how to get harden: and his only move is drive and kick, and the spurs have that locked down. Mike puts the spurs on skates.

Just saying, cause nobody else wants to. 

1 hour ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I'll take it even further. James Harden is not a better player than Mike Conley. He is a slightly better scorer, but if we are talking about running the team, harden is very poor at that job. Mike can run the grizzlies to the point that it makes it difficult for other teams to get in rhythm, knows how to get others playing their best basketball. Harden just knows how to get harden: and his only move is drive and kick, and the spurs have that locked down. Mike puts the spurs on skates.

Just saying, cause nobody else wants to. 

Hmmm, yeah Harden is the MVP but a non-AllStar is better than him.

memphis grizzlies biggest problem its the same problem from day one .we do not have a SUPERSTAR. in todays n.b.a we will not win with-out a superstar