Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Blowing Up For A Fast Rebuild

Would anyone be interested in trading Marc Gasol to the Lakers and getting some young talent in return? 

To Lakers:
Marc Gasol

To Memphis:
Brandon Ingram

Timofey Mozgov

Why Memphis Does the Trade:
Gasol doesn't fit into Coach Fizdale's idea of a center. He's slow and can't guard stretch players anymore which is where the league is going.Plus as 31 with a broken foot history he's an injury risk. Mozgov isn't a great replacement but he is available when needed for size and gives Wright and Davis playing opportunities. Ingram can play either wing spot and has amazing potential. 

Why LA Does the Trade:
Assuming the Lakers get a top 3 pick, Ingram becomes unneeded with a plethora of talented wings in the draft. Gasol brings experience to a young team looking for a solid veteran to lead. 

the will need some draft picks for that move

If we traded Marc, I would hope we get more than that. Ingram has a lot of potential but a lot of guys in their first couple of years do and it never happens, so that's a big risk. Mozgov is an okay player but he's a career backup C and seems to be injured quite a bit. Throw in Julius Randle and a draft pick and now we're talking. That way we trade 1 starter for 2 starters. we would have a hole at C because Mozgov is not a starter, Wright is fragile and wouldn't make it a full season and Davis is not ready yet. 

The only way we should trade him is if we get a bucketload of players or draft picks, similar to how the Celtics ripped the Nets. 

I heard that the Clippers are floating a trade idea to Phoenix involving DeAndre Jordan for Tyson Chandler and Devin Booker. 

Perhaps offering Gasol for Booker and Chandler (not to mention lowering the team's payroll by over $6 million) would be interesting. 

4 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

I heard that the Clippers are floating a trade idea to Phoenix involving DeAndre Jordan for Tyson Chandler and Devin Booker. 

Perhaps offering Gasol for Booker and Chandler (not to mention lowering the team's payroll by over $6 million) would be interesting. 

I rather keep Marc because he makes everyone else better.

Possibly. Marc is not a #1 scorer but he is a great team player. Booker could be a lead scorer on a team with Conley, Parsons and cash to find someone else as well. It would be risky but Gasol is 10 years older than Booker. A backcourt of Booker and Conley would be tough to contain. Parsons and JaM are ideal stretch 4 types. Ennis would need help at the SF position but the team would have the cash to find someone with this trade too. 

Personally I'd be offering Gasol for Porzingis and Noah but I doubt New York would go for that.