Sign in to follow this  
Memfizz

Wallace, Vernon, Prancia Go In On Marc Gasol

7 minutes ago, The_PROOF said:

Ingram and Mozgov.

They asked for Brooklyns pick, Jaylen Brown, Avery Bradley, Jae Crowder and Marcus Smart at the deadline.  Jaylen Brown is basically Ingram. Thats a big step down. 

Be careful what you wish for you just might get it

9 hours ago, Dwash said:

They asked for Brooklyns pick, Jaylen Brown, Avery Bradley, Jae Crowder and Marcus Smart at the deadline.  Jaylen Brown is basically Ingram. Thats a big step down. 

There's no way in hell anybody would give all of that up for Paul George.

Indiana has no leverage. Paul George is not re-signing with them. They'll take what they can get or lose him for nothing. I think George for Ingram/Deng/Mozgov gets it done. Very reasonable deal for both teams.

Pacers get their future starter at SF and two players who can help them stay competitive as they grow. Ingram and Myles Turner could be a nice duo.

Lakers cut ties with two bad contracts and create more cap room for summer 2018, plus the Mozgov trade opens the door for Ivica Zubac to fully take over at center.

Win/win for both teams.

2 hours ago, The_PROOF said:

There's no way in hell anybody would give all of that up for Paul George.

Indiana has no leverage. Paul George is not re-signing with them. They'll take what they can get or lose him for nothing. I think George for Ingram/Deng/Mozgov gets it done. Very reasonable deal for both teams.

Pacers get their future starter at SF and two players who can help them stay competitive as they grow. Ingram and Myles Turner could be a nice duo.

Lakers cut ties with two bad contracts and create more cap room for summer 2018, plus the Mozgov trade opens the door for Ivica Zubac to fully take over at center.

Win/win for both teams.

Bro cmon, forget George, teams make you pay with assets just for taking on garbage contracts like Deng and Mosgov.

I don't know much about Markelle so is his ceiling higher than D'angelo's?? Because as much I love the idea of getting number 1 pick i think having to develop a true rookie wastes Conleys prime years.   

DR has already proven his ability to score and playmake at the NBA level.  The only thing he will need to work on is chemistry with Conley.   

2 hours ago, Dwash said:

Bro cmon, forget George, teams make you pay with assets just for taking on garbage contracts like Deng and Mosgov.

Indiana is going to end up not getting much for George if they continue to play hard ball. Teams rarely get that type of value for an all-star level player. The last team that truly gave up a ton for a player was the Knicks in acquiring Melo. K Love only commanded Bennett and Wiggins. We already know what Boogie got Sacramento. 

That's why what Indiana was asking for around the deadline was silly. I don't see a team giving up all of their assets for Paul George. Maybe a top 10 player in the league they would. If I'm any team, I just let things play out and Paul George will eventually ask out or just leave on his own terms after opting out.

Plus, with Larry Bird stepping down, there's no telling what direction the team may be willing to go. They may take less now for George than they did around the deadline.

36 minutes ago, BHZMAFIA said:

Indiana is going to end up not getting much for George if they continue to play hard ball. Teams rarely get that type of value for an all-star level player. The last team that truly gave up a ton for a player was the Knicks in acquiring Melo. K Love only commanded Bennett and Wiggins. We already know what Boogie got Sacramento. 

That's why what Indiana was asking for around the deadline was silly. I don't see a team giving up all of their assets for Paul George. Maybe a top 10 player in the league they would. If I'm any team, I just let things play out and Paul George will eventually ask out or just leave on his own terms after opting out.

Plus, with Larry Bird stepping down, there's no telling what direction the team may be willing to go. They may take less now for George than they did around the deadline.

The Wolves also got a pick for Love which they flipped for Thad Young.

On 5/17/2017 at 10:56 PM, BHZMAFIA said:

I think the Lakers would definitely take Marc with the #2 pick ONLY if they're able to pry Paul George from Indiana via trade as well. 

It really depends on Magic's vision of the team. 

I would take that trade if it can get us Jordan Clarkson, Thomas Robinson and Julius Randle.

Zubac would be sweet too.

This entire thread reminds me of the time people wanted to trade Pau Gasol because he was a 2nd option type of player. He was eventually traded to the Lakers who won a few titles with him as their #2 guy. 

5 hours ago, chipc3 said:

This entire thread reminds me of the time people wanted to trade Pau Gasol because he was a 2nd option type of player. He was eventually traded to the Lakers who won a few titles with him as their #2 guy. 

This thread, like the roster changes thread, will get to 30+ pages, with every trade possible, some good & realistic, some bad & fanciful and at the end of the day we will basically have the same roster as before the thread started...

11 hours ago, BHZMAFIA said:

Yeah, I don't see the Pacers getting much in return for George this year. I see him playing out this year and exercising his player option to leave as an UFA. The Pacers will get little for him.

1. It doesn't seem like he would resign for too many teams, pretty much an LA team.

2. He doesn't want the new team to give up much for assets because he wants them to be as loaded as possible when he gets there.

On 5/18/2017 at 1:30 PM, chipc3 said:

Except marc has never been as good as pau. 

Kobe and pau > kobe and marc gasol in his best year ever.  I doubt kobe would have won a title with marc gasol. 

On 5/19/2017 at 2:30 AM, chipc3 said:

And that trade built this dynasty of seven straight playoff runs, one western finals appearance and a handful of first,second round exits, not to mention paved the way for the haloed core four. You'd think more people would be clamoring to trade the  lumbering oaf.

That lumbering oaf is one of the best centers in the game.MC11 may have scored(except in game 6) but how much did he give up to TP & PM? Answer is he got run

5 hours ago, redeye said:

That lumbering oaf is one of the best centers in the game.MC11 may have scored(except in game 6) but how much did he give up to TP & PM? Answer is he got run

The center position has almost no stars though and NBA is starting to become "position-less" all around.

Looking at the NBA landscape and knowing how much of a wuss Wallace is.  I can 't see him having the ca-hones to trade Marc.  So i'll bring my expectations down a bit and just ask him to not resign Zbo or Tony(or hope desperately that they are too expensive to bring back).  Truth be told that as long as Mike and Marc  have suitable backups that should be enough to keep us a playoff team for another year.  

So here are the off-season moves i would make that could potentially pay dividends.  

• Resign JaMychal - we have no better option at PF and own his bird rights. Under Fizdale i believe he can continue to develop and become more of a scorer.  But even if he doesn't then simply his rebounding, 3pt shooting and defense is a needed compliment to Gasol.  Do the right thing Wallace. 
  • Sign Jose Calderon - its too early to give up on both rookies (Harrison and Wade) but Mike does need help.  Jose is still a really good PG and outside shooter even though he can't guard a tin can.   Along with Mike they can both be really good mentors for the young PG's.  Signing him allows Fiz to not overwork Mike while still developing Wade. 
  • Sign Shabazz Muhummad  - we need a perimeter scorer that is cheap but is still young enough to grow with the team.  SM fits that mold.  All our cap money is tied up in 3 players and we still don't know if one of those guys can play.  So we need another scorer badly but don't have money to spend or assets to trade to get one.  A flawed guy like SM is the best we can hope for. 
  • Trade Brandan Wright to clear up capspace and roster spot. 
  • Resign Vince - if no other cheap options are available then having him on the team as a locker-room guy isn't a bad thing. 
  • Bring over Rade and let him get acclimated to America while in the G-League. 

New lineup/Rotation

Mike/Wade/Jose

Harrison/Selden/Daniels

Shabazz/Ennis/Vince/Rade

JaM/Parsons/Martin

Gasol/Davis

I am starting Harrison because of his ability to defend and handle the ball will allow Conley to be more of a scorer.    Mike, Marc, and Drew gives us 3 guys capable of running the offense in starting unit.  Shabazz is not a playmaker so what he brings is a secondary scoring on the perimeter to prevent teams from loading up on Mike.  Drew should be able to continue improving his 3pt shooting over the summer so it will not be another Tony Allen situation of 4 on 5 on offense. 

If healthy enough to play I would move Parsons to backup 4 and he becomes primary playmaker-scorer for 2nd unit.  After 3 knee surgeries i think it would be foolish to just pencil him in as SF starter going forward.  His best usage will be as a PF and pairing him with the athletic rim-protecting Davis will better cover for his weaknesses on defense.   

Hopefully Wade shows enough over the summer to get backup PG and having CP there as a fail-safe will help him.  Selden and Ennis are there as 3D guys to shore up the defense and be athletic.  If he completely fails then we have Jose as insurance. 

This is the season to give Davis and Wade real burn with the team and starting out with them as the primary backups for Mike and Marc out of the gate is the best way to do that. 

The hope is that Fizdale can mold these young guys into the type of players we need.   If he can then we will be better positioned in the future when Gasol and Conley inevitably decline. 

9 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Looking at the NBA landscape and knowing how much of a wuss Wallace is.  I can 't see him having the ca-hones to trade Marc.  So i'll bring my expectations down a bit and just ask him to not resign Zbo or Tony(or hope desperately that they are too expensive to bring back).  Truth be told that as long as Mike and Marc  have suitable backups that should be enough to keep us a playoff team for another year.  

So here are the off-season moves i would make that could potentially pay dividends.  

• Resign JaMychal - we have no better option at PF and own his bird rights. Under Fizdale i believe he can continue to develop and become more of a scorer.  But even if he doesn't then simply his rebounding, 3pt shooting and defense is a needed compliment to Gasol.  Do the right thing Wallace. 
  • Sign Jose Calderon - its too early to give up on both rookies (Harrison and Wade) but Mike does need help.  Jose is still a really good PG and outside shooter even though he can't guard a tin can.   Along with Mike they can both be really good mentors for the young PG's.  Signing him allows Fiz to not overwork Mike while still developing Wade. 
  • Sign Shabazz Muhummad  - we need a perimeter scorer that is cheap but is still young enough to grow with the team.  SM fits that mold.  All our cap money is tied up in 3 players and we still don't know if one of those guys can play.  So we need another scorer badly but don't have money to spend or assets to trade to get one.  A flawed guy like SM is the best we can hope for. 
  • Resign Vince - if no other cheap options are available then having him on the team as a locker-room guy isn't a bad thing. 

New lineup/Rotation

Mike/Wade/Jose

Harrison/Selden/Daniels

Shabazz/Ennis/Vince/Rade

JaM/Parsons/Martin

Gasol/Davis

I am starting Harrison because of his ability to defend and handle the ball will allow Conley to be more of a scorer.    Mike, Marc, and Drew gives us 3 guys capable of running the offense in starting unit.  Shabazz is not a playmaker so what he brings is a secondary scoring on the perimeter to prevent teams from loading up on Mike.  Drew should be able to continue improving his 3pt shooting over the summer so it will not be another Tony Allen situation of 4 on 5 on offense. 

If healthy enough to play I would move Parsons to backup 4 and he becomes primary playmaker-scorer for 2nd unit.  After 3 knee surgeries i think it would be foolish to just pencil him in as SF starter going forward.  His best usage will be as a PF and pairing him with the athletic rim-protecting Davis will better cover for his weaknesses on defense.   

Hopefully Wade shows enough over the summer to get backup PG and having CP there as a fail-safe will help him.  Selden and Ennis are there as 3D guys to shore up the defense and be athletic.  If he completely fails then we have Jose as insurance. 

This is the season to give Davis and Wade real burn with the team and starting out with them as the primary backups for Mike and Marc out of the gate is the best way to do that. 

The hope is that Fizdale can mold these young guys into the type of players we need.   If he can then we will be better positioned in the future when Gasol and Conley inevitably decline. 

Taking the ball out of an elite PG's hands, and putting it in the hands of a questionable NBA-rotation player, is not a good thing. You wanna max Mike's prime? Get some scoring on the wings so he has an outlet when he's doubled of tripled. Solidify the backup PG spot so Mike isn't logging too many minutes, THEN we can worry playing Mike off the ball in spurts.

11 hours ago, Holidayinn21 said:

Taking the ball out of an elite PG's hands, and putting it in the hands of a questionable NBA-rotation player, is not a good thing. You wanna max Mike's prime? Get some scoring on the wings so he has an outlet when he's doubled of tripled. Solidify the backup PG spot so Mike isn't logging too many minutes, THEN we can worry playing Mike off the ball in spurts.

I understand the trepidation in regards to starting Harrison.  However, this past season, even as terrible as Harrison was, they were still a net positive when paired together.   Shabazz would be the additional scorer on the wing to take the pressure off Mike in my scenario.  

In the backup PG spot we would have Calderon as an option who should still be effective enough to give Mike real breathers. 

My suggestions already addresses your concerns just not in the sexy way most people would like to see.   My scenario depends on continued player development and takes into account that we have no money or assets to make major moves. 

On 5/22/2017 at 10:12 AM, GrizzTigerFan said:

I thought the idea is to develop ballerz. I didn't know they are trying to develop gang bangerz too. :ph34r:

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 10:12 AM, GrizzTigerFan said:

New lineup/Rotation

Mike/Wade/Jose

Harrison/Selden/Daniels

Shabazz/Ennis/Vince/Rade

JaM/Parsons/Martin

Gasol/Davis

This is a realistic take on what the FO could do this off season. But this roster is a sub .500 at best and out of the payoffs next year. Parsons is done as a starting SF in the league and is not a PF in any stretch of the term. Just a horrible move by the FO (I still say there was no way he passed a physical before he signed that deal, that alone should get the FO cleared out). Shabazz is just as inconsistent as Gasol, and is a liability on D. Not enough consistent scoring and no elite defenders . No way that roster competes with the elite in the west. It'll be doing good to get 30 wins next year.  

The best move the FO can make at this point is to trade Gasol for Jimmy Butler or Paul George (if it can be done), let VC walk and resign TA for the locker room presence, mentoring Seldon and Ennis (who have the tools to be the elite perimeter defenders the Grizz need to Compete with Golden St.), resign Z-bo to his last deal and let him compete with Jam Green for the starting PF spot, with the loser being the 6th man scorer you need, along with hoping that you can get something out of Parsons .

Here is the rotation that gives the Grizz the best shot at being competitive next year

Conley/ Harrison/Wade

Seldon/TA (Who ever wins the starting spot)

Jimmy Butler or Paul George/Ennis

Green/Z-Bo/Martin

Brandon Wright/D Davis

This isn't a title contender, per se, but it keeps butts in the seats at the forum and makes the playoffs as a 7th or 8th seed, which is the most you can ask for until the FO gets revamped and they get some draft picks.

25 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Gasol for Butler or George is a pipe dream. 

I agree, but its not anymore of a pipe dream than to think this squad does anything next year without some elite defenders and some scoring from the wing, which is what the original quote was looking at.

2 minutes ago, Blackwatch said:

I agree, but its not anymore of a pipe dream than to think this squad does anything next year without some elite defenders and some scoring from the wing, which is what the original quote was looking at.

We are looking for a short term solution to a long term problem. We must first solve what has put us in a position of virtually no assets.