Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kevin B Moses

Devil's Advocate Thread: No Reason To Make A Change

56 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, cdp said:

Tyrekes done it. 3 surgeries in less than a year on the same knee n he's lookin like he'd be an upgrade at what we have at the wings. If only both him and Chandler were 100% they would be a great combo at the 2/3. 

That's because our wings are made up of undrafted and second round picked players.  Tyreke has a skill advantage over them.  But he is to injury prone to be a risk worth taking.

If the team wanted to be cheap a guy like Jordan Crawford could be a solid combo guard.  I really wonder why we've never gone after him. 

I think the question is "What is the alternative?"

If there is any value signings, meaning possibly below market value, it is with Tony and Zach, and possibly Vince.  Those guys may stay here below their market value.  I think that is something Wallace likes.

JaM will stay here for his market value, but if the FO gives him a $8 mm offer, and the Rockets or Bucks or Wizards offer $12 mm, he's insulted and probably not letting the Grizzlies counter.

45 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I think the question is "What is the alternative?"

If there is any value signings, meaning possibly below market value, it is with Tony and Zach, and possibly Vince.  Those guys may stay here below their market value.  I think that is something Wallace likes.

JaM will stay here for his market value, but if the FO gives him a $8 mm offer, and the Rockets or Bucks or Wizards offer $12 mm, he's insulted and probably not letting the Grizzlies counter.

I definitely won't mind signing Jonathan Simmons, another Ennis type.

Jonathan Simmons is a restricted FA.

The problem is that I don't see a realistic scenario & offer that the Spurs don't match unless it is a tremendous overpay situation.

He's staying in San Antonio.

On May 11, 2017 at 4:45 PM, chipc3 said:

Tyreke is an example of what coming back from 3 knee surgeries looks like? This isn't encouraging.

On May 12, 2017 at 7:28 AM, Ndq0327 said:

That's because our wings are made up of undrafted and second round picked players.  Tyreke has a skill advantage over them.  But he is to injury prone to be a risk worth taking.

If the team wanted to be cheap a guy like Jordan Crawford could be a solid combo guard.  I really wonder why we've never gone after him. 

Thats the thing even with his injuries he'd still be an upgrade over what we have. I think given his health n history w/ memphis they could get him at a discount. I'd jump all over that signin, for the right price of course.

56 minutes ago, cdp said:

Thats the thing even with his injuries he'd still be an upgrade over what we have. I think given his health n history w/ memphis they could get him at a discount. I'd jump all over that signin, for the right price of course.

Then we would have more player to add to the"if he was healthy" list