Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GF#1

We're About To See How Much The Organization Is Committed To Fizdale's Style Of Play

81 posts in this topic

I think it was clear over the season that Zach wasn't the type of player Fizdale wanted to rely on but no one else seemed capable of stepping up into that role. Yes Fizdale played Z-Bo a lot against San Antonio's twin tower attack but he also sat him a lot. Zach barely averaged 24 minutes a night compared to Green's 27+ and many of those minutes were played at C rather than his preferred position of PF. 

Both of you are correct in other words but overall I side with the idea that Fizdale doesn't want a player like Zach paired with Gasol. 

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

I think it was clear over the season that Zach wasn't the type of player Fizdale wanted to rely on but no one else seemed capable of stepping up into that role. Yes Fizdale played Z-Bo a lot against San Antonio's twin tower attack but he also sat him a lot. Zach barely averaged 24 minutes a night compared to Green's 27+ and many of those minutes were played at C rather than his preferred position of PF. 

Both of you are correct in other words but overall I side with the idea that Fizdale doesn't want a player like Zach paired with Gasol. 

I don't agree with you much but i agree with you here. :ph34r:   Which is why no one should be surprised if Zbo moves on this offseason. 

Listen to the Vernon hollinger podcast Hollinger should be the GM

34 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I don't agree with you much but i agree with you here. :ph34r:   Which is why no one should be surprised if Zbo moves on this offseason. 

We agree that Z-Bo doesn't fit well with Fizdale's desires for his PF. We just disagree that losing Z-Bo won't have an immediate negative impact on the team. Hopefully Green returns, Martin and Davis matures, Rabb is better than I believe and Wright is moved to get a more impact-ready player for Fizdale's system. I would love to be wrong about this. 

I think JaM is gone because I think some team will creatively structure a contract making it difficult to match.

If they lose all 4 free agents this will be one of the softest teams in the league.

3 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I think JaM is gone because I think some team will creatively structure a contract making it difficult to match.

If they lose all 4 free agents this will be one of the softest teams in the league.

Very good point. It is more common now that teams add unobtainable incentives to make the bottom line of a contract out priced for other teams, especially teams near the luxury tax threshold. Grizzlies are set up to get screwed on this. Houston did this last season to the Nets.