Sign in to follow this  
GF#1

We're About To See How Much The Organization Is Committed To Fizdale's Style Of Play

GF#1    0

If the Grizzlies re-sign TA, Zbo, and the rest. And patch the team with lower level FA's, then they are doing a huge dis-service to Fizdale and what he's trying to do here.

But if they are truly committed to the guy they brought in last summer, you will see some aggressive moves this summer. And moves that go against the grain of what we've known the Grizzlies to be for the past 7 seasons.

Honestly, if it's up to Fizdale, I don't think TA nor Zbo would return. And maybe Gasol would be moved for a package of players that fit better. But if they do come back, I think it sort of undermines what Fiz is trying to accomplish, and that would be quite disappointing for me.

BHZMAFIA    0

The fact that Fizdale stuck with his guns this season, had Conley and Marc have career years and got Zbo to buy into the bench role says a lot. I think the FO should trust him in knowing he wants a championship mindset with this team. I don't know if you can build that type of mindset if you keep too many of the same players that's been here over the last 7 seasons.

Find out who you want to move forward with and let's get to work. 

It's crazy how the team he had envisioned at the start(young, athletic, defensive oriented. Basically the team that beatdown GS in the first meeting), turned back into the old, slow, plodding group from previous years.

I hope they allow him to continue to build what he's looking for.

it will be interesting to see if wallace will let zbo and ta walk. 

it will be a gutsy, correct move if he chooses to do so.

as a life-long fan of this organization, it will hurt to see those guys leave.

however, it is the right bball move.

slim.

Blackwatch    0

it will be interesting to see if wallace will let zbo and ta walk. 

it will be a gutsy, correct move if he chooses to do so.

as a life-long fan of this organization, it will hurt to see those guys leave.

however, it is the right bball move.

slim.

It would be the right move if Jimmy Butler and Paul Millsap are walking in to fill their spots. But I highly doubt there will be enough cap space to get players that caliber. I think their best move is to keep Z-Bo and TA, (in more limited roles) and get a SF like Jimmy Butler or Paul George, in a trade, or , yet, see if they can fetch Rudy Gay in FA.

Ndq0327    0

It would be the right move if Jimmy Butler and Paul Millsap are walking in to fill their spots. But I highly doubt there will be enough cap space to get players that caliber. I think their best move is to keep Z-Bo and TA, (in more limited roles) and get a SF like Jimmy Butler or Paul George, in a trade, or , yet, see if they can fetch Rudy Gay in FA.

Rather have TJones(he's gettable) than Zbo at this stage and I'd rather have any wing that can play both offense and defense than TA.

I wonder how people here on this board know that Fiz doesn't want either or both of them back? Betcha both of them can find somewhere else to play for MORE money than they are currently getting.

Memfizz    0

I feel like ppl don't remember just how sluggish and pathetic we were offensively before Fiz. We may have reverted back somewhat to pounding it inside, but the ball movement and shots that we take and make isn't even comparable to before Fiz.

I mean I think people forget how much of a miracle a 3 pointer was under Joerger. How many times would you see a ball kicked out to a Pondexter brick.. Or to a hesitant CLee.. Or an out of rhythm Carter.

It's night and day. Seeing Conley Daniels and Vince heat up... Even Harrison and Ennis are able to make some 3s in our system and movement. It's great.

if vc,ta,and z-bo are willing to come back on vet mins as bench role guys/mentors...the FO should do it if not they should be let go...do you guys really think we could come up in free agency with a better bench than

wright

ta

vc

daniels

ennis

baldwin

davis

jam

z-bo

starters

conley- got a good feeling he going to be an allstar next year

harrison-has is issues but he is the perfect guard to put along side conley...just need to keep hitting open shots and getting to ft line

parson-hate to say it but he is the diff between being really good and being a title contender...has to be conley's co piloit 

martin-jam was ok...but imo martin has a high up side and i beliesve wouldnt have a prob producting better numbers than jam did

gasol-parson has to bounce and be close to elite cause we need him to play 2nd fiddle for marc can be in his comfort zone                                                                                                                                        

Man, I know we are going to get so many threads - we do every year between the end of the season and draft night - almost convincing ourselves that the Grizzlies are going to have a great offseason.

Well, I'm not doing that to myself this year.  I know what I would do if I were GM. And it's not what our GM is likely to do.  Empirical evidence suggests that even if we do some aggressive things, they will not pan out as hoped.

When they make the moves, I'm sure I will find a way to become happy and hopeful with them.  But really, I know better by now.  Our last 3 most intriguing pickups - Parsons, Daniels, and Wright - didn't really see the light of day in these playoffs, for various reasons.  But reasons or no, the fact remains, the moves we make don't wind up making the intended impact.

I am done expecting anything out of this Front Office.  Let them surprise me for a couple seasons, and actually see their moves impact wins on the court (in the right way), then I'll start being hopeful in the offseason again.

Memfizz    0

The aggressive moves that they take are all the aggressive moves that no one ever thinks about doing but sort of plays around with for a quick second before writing it off.

-Jeff Green

-Lance Stephenson

-Matt Barnes

-Chandler, knee surgery, Parsons

Seriously who signs the worst contract in the league for a guy coming off KNEE SURGERY. That is the biggest 'hope' move ever and stupid on every level. Cuban was probably laughing his *** off that he used Wallace to get rid of that contract.

Parsons and Cuban were like butt buddies and Parsons wanted to stay in Dallas, Cuban still shipped him once the writing was on the wall

Conley as great as he has been.. You don't pay someone that much regardless. It just takes up too much cap for 1 player

The aggressive moves that they take are all the aggressive moves that no one ever thinks about doing but sort of plays around with for a quick second before writing it off.

-Jeff Green

-Lance Stephenson

-Matt Barnes

-Chandler, knee surgery, Parsons

Seriously who signs the worst contract in the league for a guy coming off KNEE SURGERY. That is the biggest 'hope' move ever and stupid on every level. Cuban was probably laughing his *** off that he used Wallace to get rid of that contract.

Parsons and Cuban were like butt buddies and Parsons wanted to stay in Dallas, Cuban still shipped him once the writing was on the wall

Conley as great as he has been.. You don't pay someone that much regardless. It just takes up too much cap for 1 player

How did Cuban use Wallace?  Parsons was a free agent and Cuban wasn't even in the equation.

Be patient.  Conley's deal is not going to look as bad after the next offseason or two.  I hope everyone will dispense with this "highest paid player in the league" garbage too.  Mike has never been the highest paid player in the league and probably never will be.  Horford's salary is as high as Mike's, and I would much rather have Conley.

cdp    0

Anybody know why Parson wasn't at game 6?

Been goin back n forth to LA gettin treatment for his knee. Must've been there.

El Guapo    0

Been goin back n forth to LA gettin treatment for his knee. Must've been there.

Thanks, Caulkins had his opinion in today's paper.

costarica2    0

If it was me I would let zBo and TA walk get some young talent with potential and let them grown next to Marc and Mike.

cdp    0

Thanks, Caulkins had his opinion in today's paper.

Yea I just that. What a ****n moron Calkns is. Parsons was at game 4 so does Calkins not think if he could've been at game 6 he would've? The fact that Parsons is flyin back n forth tells you enough that he must be on some sort of rehab schedule. Hate to break to Calkiins but supportin your team does not come before rehabbin your body.

Sorry but that whole article just ****** me off. What a cheap shot.

lions    0

with frizz here .the NEW grizzlies have started there will be many changes coming

On 4/29/2017 at 3:31 PM, smit-tay griz said:

How did Cuban use Wallace?  Parsons was a free agent and Cuban wasn't even in the equation.

Be patient.  Conley's deal is not going to look as bad after the next offseason or two.  I hope everyone will dispense with this "highest paid player in the league" garbage too.  Mike has never been the highest paid player in the league and probably never will be.  Horford's salary is as high as Mike's, and I would much rather have Conley.

thank you.

as the team progresses and evolves under fiz, mike's contract will come to seem much more reasonable, due to his production as well as the $$ pouring in.

slim.

chipc3    0
1 hour ago, memphis slim said:

thank you.

as the team progresses and evolves under fiz, mike's contract will come to seem much more reasonable, due to his production as well as the $$ pouring in.

slim.

I just hope Parsons' contract looks reasonable at some point in the future. 

Blackwatch    0

I think that the real test as to whether the FO has bought into Fizz ball is not whether they let Z-Bo and TA walk for nothing, but what they do with Gasol. Gasol is an expendable piece with trade value, Z-Bo and TA have no trade value , and the team doesn't get better by just letting them walk. Z-Bo and TA were not the reasons the team underperformed this year (Look at the Parsons injury and the chemistry issues it caused as the primary downfall of the season).

I can see Z-Bo and TA having more limited roles, Gasol being traded for a Jimmy Butler, Paul George, or some young, scoring wing. Also, move Parsons to a stretch 4 role like Kevin Love and seeing what the team can do. Just Letting Z-Bo and TA walk really makes no sense.

Father Pat    0
6 hours ago, Blackwatch said:

I think that the real test as to whether the FO has bought into Fizz ball is not whether they let Z-Bo and TA walk for nothing, but what they do with Gasol. Gasol is an expendable piece with trade value, Z-Bo and TA have no trade value , and the team doesn't get better by just letting them walk. Z-Bo and TA were not the reasons the team underperformed this year (Look at the Parsons injury and the chemistry issues it caused as the primary downfall of the season).

I can see Z-Bo and TA having more limited roles, Gasol being traded for a Jimmy Butler, Paul George, or some young, scoring wing. Also, move Parsons to a stretch 4 role like Kevin Love and seeing what the team can do. Just Letting Z-Bo and TA walk really makes no sense.

Not trying to be a wise guy here, but what makes you think the team underperformed this year? I find it remarkable that the worst shooting team in the league made the playoffs and was above .500.

Blackwatch    0
Just now, Father Pat said:

Not trying to be a wise guy here, but what makes you think the team underperformed this year? I find it remarkable that the worst shooting team in the league made the playoffs and was above .500.

Relative to the stated goal of competing for a title, and being relatively healthy for the most part, to only perform one game better than they did last year is severely underperforming.

Father Pat    0
3 minutes ago, Blackwatch said:

Relative to the stated goal of competing for a title, and being relatively healthy for the most part, to only perform one game better than they did last year is severely underperforming.

I'd have to say it then falls squarely on the shoulders of Wallace, and he would have to do some major moves. To me, this team played way over it's head to get to 43 wins while being the worst shooting team in the league for the first time in franchise history. I'm sure Wallace finally realizes that another season of maintaining the status quo will be a sure fire way of getting a lottery pick. I just wonder if the F.O. as a whole will rather allow the team to crash and burn before making the changes that they need to.