Sign in to follow this  
TT_Grizz

It's Time To Talk About Marc Gasol

Hell, I'd trade the Knicks Gasol, Davis, Fizdale, Grizz, and the Ribs for Porzingis.

The ribs who beat Verno or this year's version?

This thread is ridiculous. Some good gems to look back at and laugh though.

I remember how much "heart" Pau had when we were getting swept out of the playoffs all those years. Bonzi and JWill and sometimes Posey carried those teams, but it sure is fun (and convenient) to pretend like it was otherwise.

The only complaint I have about Marc is in regards to his lack of desire to rebound. I will not blame a player for making an extra pass or for deferring to his teammates for what he considers a better look. LeBron James (aka the best player currently playing) does this routinely.

Marc is basically our Kevin Love and that makes him a third option. It is on the GM/front office if they were looking for more than that out of him.

i love marc, but...would look at this, providing it is realistic.

ny.

porzingis and noah for gasol and j. martin.

gasol would probably average 10 apg up there with 'melo..

slim.

Hmmm...I suggested Gasol for Porzingas when it was simply the Knicks pick. Not gonna happen now but maybe we can get a similar prospect out of this current draft.

I'd risk it for Josh Jackson or Jayson Tatum. I have an irrational love for Dennis Smith also.

If Boston believes in this group and wants to go all-in, they might listen to Marc plus filler for that Brooklyn pick. AL has always been undersized at the 5 and playing Marc and him together will give them real weapons at all positions. 

If Boston believes in this group and wants to go all-in, they might listen to Marc plus filler for that Brooklyn pick. AL has always been undersized at the 5 and playing Marc and him together will give them real weapons at all positions.

Yea but also two soft bigs that would get ate up by faster teams and punked out by aggressive teams

Time to trade Gasol is now... he will only keep declining and he is not a alpha or a beta. Getting a pick in this year draft should be a priority, I would move Marc for Rudy + KK and both of 1st picks from Kings. Then move Ennis + Harrison + 10th pick + 2 future 2nd picks for Okafor and maybe some 2nd pick (36 and 39).

MC/Baldwin/Smith Jr

Selden/TA/Daniels

Gay/Parsons/Zagorac

Monroe/Zbo/Davis

Okafor/Wright/KK

This is a first round/second round playoff at best, but at least we have more upside. If we could get Cam Oliver and PJ Dozier with those second rounds picks would be great; maybe they can go overseas a bit and then comeback after Zbo and TA final deal its over (2 years).

On 5/27/2017 at 11:14 PM, Once_a_hater said:

Time to trade Gasol is now... he will only keep declining and he is not a alpha or a beta. Getting a pick in this year draft should be a priority, I would move Marc for Rudy + KK and both of 1st picks from Kings. Then move Ennis + Harrison + 10th pick + 2 future 2nd picks for Okafor and maybe some 2nd pick (36 and 39).

MC/Baldwin/Smith Jr

Selden/TA/Daniels

Gay/Parsons/Zagorac

Monroe/Zbo/Davis

Okafor/Wright/KK

This is a first round/second round playoff at best, but at least we have more upside. If we could get Cam Oliver and PJ Dozier with those second rounds picks would be great; maybe they can go overseas a bit and then comeback after Zbo and TA final deal its over (2 years).

Rudy is a UFA. Can't be traded.

Porzingis on a rookie contract isn't getting traded.

Good players on rookie deals are not getting traded unless that team believes they are 1 player away from a championship.

It's good to see that this thread is following the standard "Trade Grizzlies player X routine"

-Knock said Grizzlies player

-Claim they are soft

-Expect other teams to trade highly valuable asset because apparently player X is good?

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 6:18 PM, MemphisX said:

Hmmm...I suggested Gasol for Porzingas when it was simply the Knicks pick. Not gonna happen now but maybe we can get a similar prospect out of this current draft.

I'd risk it for Josh Jackson or Jayson Tatum. I have an irrational love for Dennis Smith also.

I guess MemphisX doesn't realize that Porzingas is a number #2 at best on a championship team. He can spend 9 more years improving his game, and he will still be a number 2.

And Memphisx, after porzingas doesn't get us out of the 2nd round will be decrying those magical bag of beans. That's what Memphisx does.

I've been arguing with memphisx for 10 years at least and I still don't understand his strategy to a championship. He don't have one: he just likes watching players develop and then he loves sending them to big markets so they can win a championship somewhere else.

My strategy is simple. You need stars to win titles. The best way to acquire them is through the draft. When your team is not showing any hope of going to the next level, you start over again trying to acquire said stars.

i am on record saying ZBo (who I love as a player) should not have been resigned because the team had peaked going to the WCF. Gasol should have been traded that summer to Cleveland for the #1 pick and our 1st back so we can rebuild with the stability of Conley at PG and cheap.

The reason you can't understand it is because you somehow interpret that I am saying my strategy GUARANTEES a championship. I've never said that. I just know that we have spent the last three seasons plus future assets on a team that had no chance of even winning their division.

31 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

My strategy is simple. You need stars to win titles. The best way to acquire them is through the draft. When your team is not showing any hope of going to the next level, you start over again trying to acquire said stars.

i am on record saying ZBo (who I love as a player) should not have been resigned because the team had peaked going to the WCF. Gasol should have been traded that summer to Cleveland for the #1 pick and our 1st back so we can rebuild with the stability of Conley at PG and cheap.

The reason you can't understand it is because you somehow interpret that I am saying my strategy GUARANTEES a championship. I've never said that. I just know that we have spent the last three seasons plus future assets on a team that had no chance of even winning their division.

Actually the best way to win a title is to find a team with an owner who thinks like Memphisx and cherry pick their vets. Which is what boston did when they created the big 3.

This was Minnesota's haul for KG: Al Jefferson, Ryan Gomes, Sebastian Telfair, Gerald Green, Theo Radcliff, Boston's 2009 first round draft pick, and their 2009 pick back that they traded to boston. Sound Familiar?

Here's what Minny did after that: 22-60, 24-58, 15-67, 17-65, 26-40, 31-51, 40-42. Then they blew it up again and went: 16-66, 29-53, 31-51.

And even if they go to the playoff next year, which is not a given, they will lose in the first round. So let's add this up: 10 years, no playoffs, because they just had to get rid of KG.

Meanwhile Boston wins the championship. Oh, your way definitely guarantees a championship, for the team you send Marc to, or Mike to. 

If it was up to you KBM, we would still be building around Pau and Rudy Gay. Only thing is, you won't admit to your past thoughts, you just create another thread and act like you never advocated for anything.

minnesota's problem was not trading KG...it was their terrible management. Same as with the Grizzlies.

the fact that the GM of record when thabeet was drafted is still cashing checks shows that the organization does not have a championship mentality. Just enough to get by...

Seeing how good Warriors and Cavs have been the last 3 years makes the decision to not rebuild even dumber. Of course that is only true if the goal is to win a title.