Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
New_Sacred_Cow

San Antonio @ Memphis 04/27/17

191 posts in this topic

Our 43-win team lost to a 61-win team.

Without Allen and Parsons. 

I think we did well to make it so close. 

I'd like to have seen Marc get more rebounds, but he was trained for years that ZBo wanted those stats.

I'd like to have seen Patty Mills not score so much, but if he doesn't Danny Green probably does. Sigh.  

And maybe Parker does still have enough left for 20 games before he retires.

Couldn't agree more on what you said about the Grizzlies. Parker outplayed Conley BAD last night. 10-13 compared to 7-18, that would be a TKO. You have to give it to the Spurs, the Grizz are losing to their coaching, they get guys open and they pass the ball.

Idk why everyone wanted the Spurs. I can't help but think with how well we moved the ball and geared up we could have beat nearly anyone.

Spurs are just a better version of us.

How good is Vince Carter still? That steal too on Kawhi.

Better than Parsons honestly

You said in a post above that you agreed if Marc plays up to his capability we win this series, and then you say that we need Conley to be something he's not to get to the second round?

You're all over the place.

The keyword that you continue to gloss over is IF.

As in IF Marc plays to his capability.......how many times have we had to count on Marc to play up to his capability and been disappointed.

But I guess you are happy still being a "tough out" for the true contenders.

Couldn't agree more on what you said about the Grizzlies. Parker outplayed Conley BAD last night. 10-13 compared to 7-18, that would be a TKO. You have to give it to the Spurs, the Grizz are losing to their coaching, they get guys open and they pass the ball.

it doesn't matter now, but I was surprised that Harrison comes in, knocks down 2 3s, looked good and only got 8 mins for the game, Fiz went with Daniels, 21mins but only took one shot. Harrison might have been better next to Mike, and on Parker, a bit more size, and fresher. Honestly, Vince was gassed, and it looked like Mike and Marc were the same with 5 mins to go.

Grit n grind is a philosophy not a style of roster. The rebuild is inevitable with our first team all defender always hurt come playoff time. Why even have him. Get what we can for the old heads and see if we can't pull off some miracle for a more dynamic player or draft spot.

Grit n grind is a philosophy not a style of roster. The rebuild is inevitable with our first team all defender always hurt come playoff time. Why even have him. Get what we can for the old heads and see if we can't pull off some miracle for a more dynamic player or draft spot.

that's the thing man. We are keeping the old heads. All signs point to that. That's the type of franchise Memphis is.

"Vince Carter saying he couldn't sleep after series loss to Spurs, wound up playing 'Words with Friends' at 4am with Conley."

We definitely tanked to get the Spurs matchup. Rockets would've swept us.

Disagree. Matchups.

I think we muck it up better than anyone and played Rockets well this year.

Spurs are us but better. And have refs You'll never win a series against that.

Disagree. Matchups.

I think we muck it up better than anyone and played Rockets well this year.

Spurs are us but better. And have refs You'll never win a series against that.

If the Spurs are us but better, and they got shellacked by Houston, what makes you think we could have done any different? I realize the series isn't over yet, but Houston is legit offensively.

We gave up an average of 115 a game to that team, along with 119 and 123 in the last two meetings closer toward the end of the season. Especially with no TA to set the tone and try slowing Harden down, there's no way we score enough points to beat Houston.

We absolutely tanked to get San Antonio, just like I was saying weeks before the end of the season. There was no way we were ever falling to the 8 seed and Golden State was never gonna fall to the 2. Fizdale played it right, and gave us a chance at advancing.

I cringe thinking about what Houston would have done to us.

We simply could not defend the pick n roll well enough to beat Houston. 

You simply cannot underestimate what the Lou Williams trade did for them in terms of being even more lethal. I don't even want to imagine Zach Randolph out there on the court in that matchup post-Lou Williams trade.

the spur are over rated this team will not win it all