Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GF#1

Alright Guys, Time To Catch Up. Series Tied 2-2...

26 posts in this topic

Boy oh boy do we have a lot to catch up on.

Need some thoughts on the series so far, and where do we stand going into tonight's game.

And goooooo!

It has been so long, so much has transpired...

Need Marc and Mike to both bring it tonight.

Need ZBo and Vince to turn back the hands of time once more.

Need the young guys to not get swept up in the emotion and importance of this game but come out and play like this spot is not too big.

I've been checking this forum every day to see if its been up lol.

Thoughts on the game (have a ton more but this is just the short end of it)

- What is happening is basically why I felt like the Spurs would be a decent matchup for us. Its actually giving Zbo the opportunity to start and now be too much of a liability on the defensive end. Zbo matching up against LMA again was a match made in heaven for him.

- Mike Conley has looked like a top 5 PG out there. His jumper and runner has been elite.

- The role players really played well (outside of a few stretches which is a given) over the last two games. Really love what Harrison brought in Game 4.

- Was disappointed in Marc in Game 4, but he made up for it with the late and 1 in OT and the game winner. We definitely need more from Marc in Game 5 on the road to get this win tonight.

- Ginobili has been absolutely terrible offensively. We've been giving him the TA treatment on his jumpsuit.

Game 5 expectations...

I have a bad feeling about it, but this is mainly me trying to lower my expectations to prevent a huge letdown. I felt like we were definitely winning Game 3 and didn't feel so good about Game 4. I will remain a pessimist and hope for a win, but not expecting one. Vegas has the Spurs at -10 odds, which is a little scary. I think as long as Pop doesn't make any major adjustments, we may be fine. We need another magical night from Conley and for Marc to step his game up. 

Even if we lose Game 5, I think we win Game 6 but then comes the dreaded Game 7. If we are going to win this series, it needs to be in 6 games IMO.

Proud of the guys regardless. But I'm as hungry as Fiz now.

Where's the guy who was begging someone to call out the refs / league to respect Memphis. Unfortunately that hasn't happened, we have gotten shafted on calls every single game.. I won't whine though, if we grab G2 during that awful awful rigging, we may not have grabbed G3 and G4.

I'm really nervous about tonight. Spurs have to be ready.

How about Andrew Harrison game saving block?

Not gonna lie, kind of liked not having access to a board during the games..Little less stressful imo.

Proud of the guys regardless. But I'm as hungry as Fiz now.

Where's the guy who was begging someone to call out the refs / league to respect Memphis. Unfortunately that hasn't happened, we have gotten shafted on calls every single game.. I won't whine though, if we grab G2 during that awful awful rigging, we may not have grabbed G3 and G4.

I'm really nervous about tonight. Spurs have to be ready.

How about Andrew Harrison game saving block?

Not gonna lie, kind of liked not having access to a board during the games..Little less stressful imo.

Stay out of game threads. You will enjoy games better.

Been posting some on the realgm boards, I've been adamant about our role guys. They were less than flattering in most of games 1 and 2, and were good enough in games 3 and 4. Hopefully they have enough confidence now to perform well in San Antonio.

Mike Conley has been some kind of good. Man, If only he were capable of exploding for 30 like Kyle Lowry. ;)

Marc has to provide more production.

The encouraging part for me is we turned it over 22 times in game 4 to only 9 for the Spurs, while taking every single punch Kawhi had to give, and still won the game. And that also included a great, uncharacteristic performance from Tony Parker.

Tonight, we're going to need Conley/Randolph/Gasol to lead, and we're gonna have to get something from Harrison/Ennis/Green.

I'm with BHZ. I think tonight is a must win to win the series.

I think the Grizz are going to have to cut Conley loose and roll with him, can't be letting him sit on the bench while the Spurs go on a 8-10 run. I said in 5 but 6 is definitely doable. A lot depends on how the umpiring goes. It would be nice to see TA out there on Leonard.

Board back from the dead. Been posting on the Real gm and Reddit Grizz boards to get my fix

Saturday game would have been a 20 page thread on here if the board was up

Oh my god, I've been losing my mind. I instant messaged chip on Facebook the other day and told him to make a call. I don't know if he did or not, but we are back up baby.

I know for a fact that if this board went down permanently I'd miss the hell out of y'all.

Stay out of game threads. You will enjoy games better.

Oh no doubt. But that's like saying don't take this free soda with your meal, it's bad for you but I can't resist.

That Tony Parker run was ridiculous. Got me so heated.. But Ginobili has literally missed every shot so can't complain.

Leonard is ******* insane, and we still won. That was an incredible game. I want to say that was Leonard's best, but I wouldn't even be surprised if he did it again.

It's a tough call on Troy Daniels.. You feel like he can either win it for us, or struggle. I don't mind the spot minutes.

Again, I wish I would have saw the board reaction after Fiz's rant. Had no idea that would go viral, but knew everyone would be so happy here.

Mike Conley has justified his contract so far...

Charles Barkley agrees

welcome back , what happen

The refs didn't rook us that's what happened

Oh my god, I've been losing my mind. I instant messaged chip on Facebook the other day and told him to make a call. I don't know if he did or not, but we are back up baby.

I know for a fact that if this board went down permanently I'd miss the hell out of y'all.

I was having major withdrawals, and I missed seeing the reactions of y'all both in real and retro time.

The keys for game 5:

Limit TOs to an absolute minimum <8

Keep Mike free and loose with screens, Pops is definitely coming after him.

Zbo needs to keep LMA off his game and keep attacking him in the post.

Ennis has to keep pulling the trigger on corner 3s

Get out fast in transition, Spurs have been slow in D

Hopefully our shots fall >50%

Mike has been unbelievable but Kawhi is just scary. Shout out to Harrison for the huge block in game 4, that was the difference between winning and losing. 

I agree this is a must win but there is no doubt game 3 and 4 were the biggest.

I was accepting defeat in game 4 and was ecstatic to see them pull it off

I just hope there is not a letdown tonight. 

Guess I should continue my job

G3:

G4:

I can't decide what's my favorite moment. Game 3 3rd quarter, or G4 down to the wire.

welcome back , what happen

the NBA was trying to silence us....

Oh boy, I thought the boards were down for good.

Anyway, I'm proud of the team rising up to the challenge and we got a game 4 for the history books, which is more than I expected for this series.