Sign in to follow this  
Kevin B Moses

Has Mike Conley Earned His Contract This Year?

Why can't he make the all star game? Is it political or he's just not that great?

The main reason Mike can't make the allstar team is that the grizzlies, just being a team that is seen as a middle of the pack contender, are only afforded one allstar from their team a year.

That, coupled with the fact that, many people believe that Marc is the most important player on the team, puts Mike behind the eightball. He has to overcome not only all of the great pgs in the west, but his on teammate as well.

The main reason Mike can't make the allstar team is that the grizzlies, just being a team that is seen as a middle of the pack contender, are only afforded one allstar from their team a year.

That, coupled with the fact that, many people believe that Marc is the most important player on the team, puts Mike behind the eightball. He has to overcome not only all of the great pgs in the west, but his on teammate as well.

Conley is just too inconsistent with his production. Some nights, he is an all star caliber player, then for the next 2 or 3 games, he goes incognito and disappears. You can't be an all star level player who only is productive 30-40% of the games.

In terms of his contract, I think he has maxed out his talent and skill development. We are getting the best Conley has to offer and will ever offer. Is that enough to justify the richest contract in league history to this point? heck no. But, like someone said earlier, I understand why the Grizz gave him the contract. He's a great player to have on the team, but he is not the foundation for a championship. A contract like that says that the team is building a championship contender with him as the foundation. He is just not "that player". That is someone like LeBron, Steph Curry, KD, Anthony Davis, etc.

Conley is just too inconsistent with his production. Some nights, he is an all star caliber player, then for the next 2 or 3 games, he goes incognito and disappears. You can't be an all star level player who only is productive 30-40% of the games.

In terms of his contract, I think he has maxed out his talent and skill development. We are getting the best Conley has to offer and will ever offer. Is that enough to justify the richest contract in league history to this point? heck no. But, like someone said earlier, I understand why the Grizz gave him the contract. He's a great player to have on the team, but he is not the foundation for a championship. A contract like that says that the team is building a championship contender with him as the foundation. He is just not "that player". That is someone like LeBron, Steph Curry, KD, Anthony Davis, etc.

I'm not sure what this has to do with what I said about why Mike Conley hasnt already become an All-star.

I'm not sure what this has to do with what I said about why Mike Conley hasnt already become an All-star.

Well, it's his inconsistency that really prevents him from being an All-star. There is no rule about certain teams being afforded one all star player. If he was good enough, on a more consistent basis, he would get in. May not ever get voted in by fans, but coaches would notice.

Well, it's his inconsistency that really prevents him from being an All-star. There is no rule about certain teams being afforded one all star player. If he was good enough, on a more consistent basis, he would get in. May not ever get voted in by fans, but coaches would notice.

So you're trying to tell me Klay Thompson brings it every night you want me to show you some game logs

So you're trying to tell me Klay Thompson brings it every night you want me to show you some game logs

When Thompson brings it, he is way more effective than Conley. Has Conley ever put up 40 in a quarter? Conley has never put up 40 in a game. C'mon chief, lets not be ridiculous.

When Thompson brings it, he is way more effective than Conley. Has Conley ever put up 40 in a quarter? Conley has never put up 40 in a game. C'mon chief, lets not be ridiculous.

Gotcha it makes perfect sense now

Conley may be held back by the fact that he often has very few points in the first quarter. 

If you want to get noticed as a star, you need to put up 40 occasionally, and you can't get there with four in the first. 

Why can't he make the all star game? Is it political or he's just not that great?

You boys, as grizzlies fans can say anything you want to sweeten that horrible contract but at the end of the day you did sorely overpay for a middle of the pack NBA point guard. 

You boys, as grizzlies fans can say anything you want to sweeten that horrible contract but at the end of the day you did sorely overpay for a middle of the pack NBA point guard.

A bunch of point guards are about to get bigger contracts than Conley